So the main theme of the new Okada Mari movie is basically "what it means to be a mother"

So the main theme of the new Okada Mari movie is basically "what it means to be a mother"
Apparently she thinks that this means "screw kids they can handle themselves"
Movie also suffers from a way too heavy dose of "look at me I'm a tragic heroine" given how there's TWO of those characters.
The protagonist does manage to stay likeable despite that but the other character suffering from it is a piece of work
People show up to save her twice and she refuses to go with them first time because she's pregnant from kidnap rape and second time because she wants to meet her daughter
The second time gets the guy who loves her killed but she doesn't really care
She then finds her daughter whom she's basically meeting for the first time
And says
"Hey daughter I'm going to forget you ever existed bye"
And flies away on a dragon
She and her daughter are never seen again so that's the conclusion to their story
lol wut
Also protagonist is actually somewhat kind of a decent mother up until the end where she tells her son that she has to go (there's no real reason for her to go) and acts like a tragic heroine and fucks off until the son's on his deathbed just so that she can go there and cry at him (she never bothers to meet with him up till then and there's REALLY no reason at all why she can't)
The first two-thirds of it are fine but the last bits are just baffling

i heard the movie doesn't really sells well.

How did she ever manage to rise so high in the industry? Are her blowjobs that amazing? Because her writing certainly isn't.

>So the main theme of the new Okada Mari movie is basically "how do I fuck my non-related son"
fixed for you

Wald 9 was full on the weekend (hence me watching it today) and the merch was mostly sold out though.

I was looking at comments on twitter and it seems women really liked it (and thus her writing)

I thought this was supposed to be her magnum opus OP? Critically acclaimed and all that.

No bingo

The first two thirds of the film are fine but everything in the last act is fumbled gloriously with it stumbling over its own theme and throwing plot threads out of the window.

It's quite simple. Nobody else except a handful people are willing to work in the anime industry as a scriptwriter.
That is why the anime industry is forced to adapt tons of light novel crap to make products at all.

Sounds like Okada.

>Apparently she thinks that this means "screw kids they can handle themselves"
Her mother tried to kill her once.

Is this some Sup Forums bait about how mothers should be prude quiet servants with no character or agency?

wait what?

It’s about

>She then finds her daughter whom she's basically meeting for the first time
>And says "Hey daughter I'm going to forget you ever existed bye"
>And flies away on a dragon
>She and her daughter are never seen again so that's the conclusion to their story

That's what moe is about. Ken Akamatsu compared moe to motherly love and otakus refused to see their waifus to grow up for real and instead they want them to see them stuck on a pre-sexual phase.

>heh

Didn't Shinkai praise this?

>trusting Okada
>ever
How does she still get a job?

Did you really expect anything else out of "muh indepent stronk women" Okada?

Most people who watched the movie praise this.
And OP tried use most negative way to talk about the movie, and yet it still doesn't sound bad, that's something.

Shinkai also praised the silent voice. Take his praises with a grain of salt.