Why there isn't a detailed analysis of this anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

endlessesotericism.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/the-key-to-understanding-serial-experiments-lain/
cjas.org/~leng/lain.htm
jstor.org/action/doBasicSearch?Query=Serial experiments lain&filter=
youtube.com/watch?v=L79-aKSppRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ncX3vU2Mgno
youtu.be/AFniomRX_QA?t=4m29s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because it's pseud nonsense and there's very little to actually say.

the analysis is that it's convoluted garbage

I guess you're blind then. It has a lot of analysis on the net. It even had some western universities doing analysis of it.

No one understands it. Maybe in a couple decades researchers will start to uncover it's meaning.

Because that shit is boring

Because you aren't looking. Already several papers done on it.

I heard there was a commentary audio track on the japanese release

Lots of mental masturbation happened.
But it was years ago. People simply got tired to keep overthinking this stuff.

Youtube analysis are garbage. I need university analysis

ITT: OP baits people into posting detailed analysis of Lain

you would of not have understanded its eitherway you retard ESLfaggit

>endlessesotericism.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/the-key-to-understanding-serial-experiments-lain/

Long story short...
>Serial Experiments Lain is a [heretical] retelling of a part of the book of revelations: A false prophet will claim to be the voice of God and attempt to command the world but will be overcome by God.

The only analysis that matters is your own.

>expecting detailed analysis of anime when there are people who unironically don't understand basic plot details in something like evangelion

I don't think there are EFL on Sup Forums anymore

Let’s just say Lain is the physical embodiment of the internet, blah blah blah, eventually she is kinda absorbed into the internet (the wired), thus becoming something akin to a god. She’s connected with everyone, eventually everything, I think she becomes a part of space and time. It’s not pseudoscience, it was just a very out there representation of what the internet is and can become.

I think eventually people will be able to “merge” and become something more, like in Lain. The anime has a strong emphasis on us humans connecting. But we’ve discussed this so many times before here, and everywhere else. There’s no real point in talking about it here and based on the posts above, no one really gives a shit OP.

/thread

>evangelion
that was just a coming of age story

Are you fucking retarded, there are so many different takes on Lain it's ridiculous.

>Robot Ghosts and Wired Dream
Didn't read that much academic stuff on lain in English. But this book some really interesting insights

>There’s no real point in talking about it here and based on the posts above, no one really gives a shit OP.
yeah, figure
too bad, i wanted to discuss this analysis anyway,thanks

>Robot Ghosts and Wired Dream
Never heard of this! Thanks user
Is it good?

There is also
>Cinema Anime: Critical Engagements with Japanese Animation

cjas.org/~leng/lain.htm The absolute state of Sup Forums.

the hell is that?

>Susan J. Napier
No thanks

Yes, if you are interested in japanese scifi then this book got some really interesting stuff. It's basically just collection of essays so if you are only interested in lain you could just read "when the machines stop" chapter, that discusses both lain and nge in how they "suggest that the imagination, the real, and technology are bound together in increasingly complex ways"

What is wrong with her? Her book "anime:from akira to princess mononoke" got some great beginning chapters(still haven't finished the book)

Chiaki dude wrote this anime on the fly without any proper planning or structure. He literally just thrown in whatever came to mind at the moment and this chaotic mess is now considered to be some great prophetic anime with mind blowing insights about our relations with technology. This is fucking hilarious.

There is.

jstor.org/action/doBasicSearch?Query=Serial experiments lain&filter=

Oh yeah there's also lain stuff in mechademia magazine

she said the most obvious and banal things on her review of Evangelion.

Susan J. Napier is the clear prove that anime are for a male audience.

Iirc there's plenty of stuff related to lain in mechademia. Go buy that magazine especially vol 7,3, 2 and 4

>mechademia
>University of Minnesota Press

I wish i could study there. Watching anime all day long must be fun

[citation needed]

Could you provide some arguments for these claims please?

Sup Forums can’t into arguments

Here... al you must know about lain
youtube.com/watch?v=L79-aKSppRQ

They are not pseudo intellectual digibros over there to only watch anime all day to talk about their personal preferences and boring opinions. Honestly reading books like "the anime machine" and galbrath works blew my mind and made me think about things i never thought before

Best OP
youtube.com/watch?v=ncX3vU2Mgno

>digibros
He only did a good job on the first part. The latter episodes were too hard for him (andd he also lost interst)

Did you notice the man in black in the first episodes?
>4:29
youtu.be/AFniomRX_QA?t=4m29s
Maybe they were studying the effects of acela

Lain isn't the embodiment of the internet, she's the embodiment of the collective network of human thought that surrounds the planet and all that makes humans connected on the fundamental level. It's not about the internet. This is something that I see so so much, but nobody ever talks about all the other stuff that's more important than anything about the wired discussed in the story. People get hung up on the wired because it was so similar to what the internet would become, but that wasn't the intention at all. I post this all the time, but take this interview with Ueda in pic related for example. So when we take the internet out of the equation and focus on the other stuff, what do we have? Nonlinear time and human information (Eiri and Lain both confirm these as facts of their world), introversion, human connection, loneliness, and antitranshumanism (Lain has trouble making friends and "connecting" with people, Alice gets her to appreciate being human, Eiri claims that human flesh is obsolete, gets blown the fuck out by both Lain and Alice). On that last note, it's really crazy how so many people took transhumanism as a positive from this show (with systemspace, some of the culty Lain stuff, etc.) when the last episodes pretty explicitly lay out that it's not a good thing. Do they really love Lain in the way she wants them to? I think that it and the overwhelming focus on the internet are just products of people giving too much importance to things that were unintentionally predictive about 2000s online life.

Ueda has almost nothing to do with lain

And why would you say that? He's certainly more active than Konaka in interviews about it and gives emphasis on his involvement in the concept, and from all that I've gathered, it was he himself who had the original concept of Lain in mind, and then he, Konaka, and the others got together and refined it.

he is accredited as the original creator on MAL, but a part for lian he couldn't come up with no other good shows

You might be under the impression that ‘the wired’ is the internet. That’s a functional definition, but not the best perspective with which to understand the show. A car is not the chassis alone. Lain is an androgynous girl that grows in power and influence as she develops her mind into an ego. However, we can find a much more interesting story if we look. I’ll now give you a different perspective and we’ll go back over some of these events:

Lain is the consciousness of the internet, represented symbolically as an androgynous girl, as it grows in power and influence, as it develops into an ego.

The series can be divided into three rough ‘arcs’, which I’ll arbitrarily label as:

‘The Set-Up’ (1-4), ‘The Mind-Fuck’ (5-10) and, ‘The Wrap-Up’ (11-13)

The key is here:

>Do they really love Lain in the way she wants them to?
So Lain rappresents the "Collective Unconscious" theorized by Carl Jung?
I have worshipped her in the wrong way ;_;