Made in Abyss creator is clearly a lolicon who is into eroguro and pissing

>Made in Abyss creator is clearly a lolicon who is into eroguro and pissing
>manages to incorporate his fetishes in a way that don't detract from the story and seem only slightly weird

any other mangaka that pull this off? I remember Qwaser of Stigmata but that was just the author getting his lactation fetish rocks off

Not everyone can be a dirty pedophile and a furry and at the same time innocent, naive and childish.

Why would tsukushi take this screenshot? What did he mean by this?

Go Nagai

Nanachi prostitutes xirself to a pedophiliac disabilipede

it even won the cruncyroll anime of the year, even the normies dont seem effected by it

i bet it would have been another story if the anime followed Riko's nipples to a T

>even the normies dont seem effected by it

I'd say the Made in Abyss nomination shows the difference between "watches anime on crunchyroll" and "watches japanimation on Netflix" crowds. The weebs who exclusively stream on Crunchyroll are used to weird sexual undertones in their anime, whereas actual normies are still sensitive to that stuff

Devilman Cribaby was a huge hit though

The anime is less explicit than the manga

>Devilman Cribaby was a huge hit though

which is why it pisses me off that sites like The Ringer don't even cover it. Devilman Crybaby was one of Netflix's biggest success stories of 2018 and no one outside of the weeb audience is even aware of it.

she got roofied by a disabled centipede.

i dont remember any weird sex stuff in devilman, just sex stuff. people can rationalize teenagers in sexual situations but are a bit too embarrassed to see it happen with puberty aged kids.

OHOHOHOHO NANACHI IS PLEASING OLD MEN FOR FOOD OHOHOHOHO

please don't hurt Riko, Tsukushi sensei

Pfft, all these non abyss watchers think these threads are fetish piles.

They just don't understand the complicated story weaving and imagery in the show

Mitty's eyes user, mitty's eyes...

can Mitty's eyes leave the village?

>Comparing threads and the show

What did he try to mean by this?

Crunchyroll doesn't even have mia

They can probably just throw them over the wall.

Riko's legs will be the first of 371 different pairs used to restore Beffalu

We are talking about the show in the thread friendo.

You ever play with your sisters Barbie's when you were a kid?

This is what I'm imagining now.

Amazon has it, but the only people who would have
a. Known about Made in Abyss and
b. been in the right demo to watch it and not recoil in horror
are the kind of people with Crunchyroll subscriptions. Amazon is doing a fucking terrible job showcasing their exclusive anime series and only those who are already "in the know" even know what their catalog is

>pissing
Good taste, how much does it have?

>asking for spoilers
Just read it user, you wont Reg-ret it.

this show is mediocre at best. I don't understand why people think it's aoty.

Your mediocre at best

No my new esse, in the threads we are talking about bondrewd's tail, papa's rod, fluffzen, nanachi's gender and sexually abusing Mark.

Im a really big fan of realism in fantasy. I like having a fantastical world or setting set-up and real danger be advertised and then then danger actually being real. So often you have these stories that are so fantastical and never have any consequence because of it. I know a lot of people see the violence as just edge and the realism as just fetishism but I do really feel like the anime was a great adaptation of a great work.

I loved the ost, loved the almost 1 to 1 adaptation the anime did, the voice acting was amazing, sound design was good, almost all of the animation was great, and they kept the managaka's style. Whats not to enjoy about this anime?

RIKO NO

The biggest complaint is sexualization of children. What takes me out of the show is references to children's genitals. It adds nothing to the plot.

That's objectively wrong, though. The hot springs scene (at least in the manga, they ruined this scene in the anime) has important character development over a boner.

Never read the manga but now I want to.

its different than usual seasonal anime, really interesting grounded fantasy world,
cutesy style, author ability to fog his morbid sexual fetishes , of course OST is amazing,

is better than most this season animes, but not really groundbreaking,
of course normies feel it AOTY because it sssoo grimdark and shit, really show them never read morbid stuff like berserk or goblin slayer.

>normies
No user, you are the normies.

Do I read the manga or watch the anime? Btw I like guro

Do both.

Both

Its complicated. Reg being a robot is a really big deal from a subtext standpoint due to how he is treated by most people. Riko shoving a ruler up his ass wasnt just a joke, it was important insight into how Riko see's Reg as not really a human boy but a tool, a relic of the abyss to be studied. This is shown again and again with her not minding being naked around and and such. Habo also does this when he checks to see what Reg is packing. He doesnt see Reg as a human, and so de-humanizes him by making a joke about his balls.

The hot springs scene is much more explicit in the manga and shows clearly Riko's change from seeing Reg as a robot to seeing him as a boy, just as capable of seeing her sexually as any other. From that point on she always covers up around him and starts treating him a bit more like a boy, not a tool. So in a sense the sexual stuff there is important to help us understand Riko's character and how the Abyss effects peoples perception of things.

But then you have shit like the tying up torture scene and its reference with Ozen and Mark, as well as Mark cross-dressing, probably, against his wishes. Stuff like that is harder to explain away as needed. It could be a look at how brutal Orth is, to help tie the abuse to Bondrewd's abuse much lower. And Mark's cross-dressing could help us better understand Ozen in the sense of what she likes and wants out of a person, and how far she's willing to go to get it. But again, it goes both ways.

The mangaka is probably a pervert, but I dont let that lessen the story for me, because I can still see all that stuff as good for the story in some way.
Anime then manga is good, since you can better relate to the OST while reading the manga after.

Ok but which one first

>Be immune to the pedo/furry bait
>Mitty's human form shows up with some cleavage
sweat.jpg

Anime

Manga, ignore the anime except for the OST

watch the anime then read the manga from the beginning

What's wrong with reading the manga from the ending of the anime

Made in Abyss is incredibly similar in concept to Roadside Picnic and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series. I feel this comparison has been drawn before but I can't help but think that the Strugastsky brothers must have influenced its conception.

nothing wrong with that, but reading it from the beginning gives a more complete story, and you might notice things that you missed during the anime.

Because manga > anime, you don't have to bother watching it in the first place.

Oppai is not pedo so it's okay.

FUGTHEBUG

You miss small character interactions that are different and also miss out on realizing what was added in the anime. It helps you better appreciate the anime over all and also fall in love with the manga.

Maybe you haven't realized user but... Maybe you have shit taste

I wanna hug, snug, and fug the bug

I know they're not related at all, but I was getting a lot of Made in Abyss vibes from Annihilation

translate pls

Was this line really necessary?

Annihilation is also inspired by Stalker as far as I know

There isn't much to it, Nanashi fantasizes, she's caught staring, Mitty asks her if she likes her boobs and wants to touch them, nnaa nnaa nnaa

It offends me this panel was copypasted like 3 times, talk about laziness.

Yep. It was more inspired by the film Stalker, which is in turn based on Roadside Picnic.

Roadside Picnic is a great read also. The film has some great visuals for a 1979 Soviet era film.

actually when you crop in windows 10 it saves it like that

I mean this, user

Nna~
*Peek* *Peek*
My breasts interest you??
N-No (Chi-Chiga: stutter of chigau)
Tits? (Chichi ga?: chichi means boobz)
You really like breasts, huh.
Go ahead and touch them!
Because Nanachi is special

i really miss da MItty titty

you can see it on all the fanarts user!

wow I didn't notice that

>normies
>morbid stuff like berserk or goblin slayer
You are like a little baby

Sure berserk is entry-level but it is plenty morbid. It would be silly to claim its not.

It is, but there are other anime and manga out there that surpass it in morbidness so using it as a comparison seems a bit silly. And it isn't *that* much more morbid than Made in Abyss.

>>manages to incorporate his fetishes in a way that don't detract from the story and seem only slightly weird

Why through? Prushka was superior in every single way

Tfw I wanna bypass sadpanda for moth and Nana doujinshi, but I don't wanna go to jail

They're all on nhentai as well.
Speaking of which, is there a doujin in particular Sup Forums would like to see translated? I'm starting to get good at this, I'm nearing my 100th page translated in total, not counting pictures, and I'd be glad to help.

Pedos and furries pushing their agenda.

Nanachi was indeed a male. A boy in love with Mitty.

Not many doujin actually get scanned, but if you are into translating stuff you can always try to translate Doorbeetle or the anthology

Yep, but there are a couple of new ones that are still untranslated. Though you are right, some of the anthology could be good too, is there one story you'd want?

Same as the people who define Goblin Slayer solely by its three or four pages of rape and murder. I think you can safely ignore them. They don't know what they're talking about and have nothing of value to contribute.

speaking of translations someone must know chinese

Can you translate Tsukushi comments in the size chart? Some user made a machine translation once but it was a little confusing

user, I implore you to take a better look at that beast's crotch.

Some of that kanji is fucking tiny, gosh.
But I'll try.

uhhhhh

eeeeeeeeeeh?

man, lyza is really short, holy shit ozen is even taller than habo

speaking of translation there must be someone who knows Chinese
user I don't know what you mean

That one is so great.
>Habo holding Reg butt pointed forward so Riko can finger him
No MiA doujin is complete without roboprostate massage.

Anime did a great job with the adaptation. I say watch the anime, then read the manga.

There is always the one from Doorbeetle

Oh, cool. Getting to it now.

epic

jesus christ this is the slowest arc. almost two volumes worth of nothing happening and the gang being separated for most of it. if we're not on the next layer by the next chapter I'm dropping.

>this is the slowest arc

Ledditor's first manga.

>8 years

Bypassing panda makes you go to jail?

At least the beginning of volume six was fun and cute, but jokes aside I don’t think this arc will end in the current volume unless something weird happen soon, to many characters and mysteries they are just starting to explore

In some countries drawings are illegal.

only in britain and leafland