youtube.com/watch?v=m6rjw5tBWVg
youtube.com/watch?v=i7R6_7e10QM
youtube.com/watch?v=1Uq6RoI-pj0
youtube.com/watch?v=a7ByIzaVzw8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxcoPeAAeBk
youtube.com/watch?v=DKqYkseiYLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>biggest draw of book is the prose
>better make an adaptation that is completely incapable of adapting that facet or even utilizing it
Just stick to your low effort fanservice lolis, pleb.

Lolita's whole appeal is Nabokov's language. He is insanely good writer. Adapting it in any form is pointless, since the plot and events as such are nothing spectacular and you can't transmit his language in anime without it all being hours long narration.

He is fucking SCIENTIEST OF MAGIC ACADEMY of LANGUAGE. Pretentious and cunty as fuck, but talented as ten fucks.

How long did it take you to think of this thread, OP?

It would be shit, the only redeeming quality of Nabovok's literature is the prose.

He would be fit right in on Sup Forums.

INTERVIEWER

One critic (Pryce-Jones) has said about you that “his feelings are like no one else’s.” Does this make sense to you? Or does it mean that you know your feelings better than others know theirs? Or that you have discovered yourself at other levels? Or simply that your history is unique?

NABOKOV

I do not recall that article; but if a critic makes such a statement, it must surely mean that he has explored the feelings of literally millions of people, in at least three countries, before reaching his conclusion. If so, I am a rare fowl indeed. If, on the other hand, he has merely limited himself to quizzing members of his family or club, his statement cannot be discussed seriously.

Has younger loli than Lolita.

>books that already have good anime

INTERVIEWER

Another critic has written that your “worlds are static. They may become tense with obsession, but they do not break apart like the worlds of everyday reality.” Do you agree? Is there a static quality in your view of things?

NABOKOV

Whose “reality”? “Everyday” where? Let me suggest that the very term “everyday reality” is utterly static since it presupposes a situation that is permanently observable, essentially objective, and universally known. I suspect you have invented that expert on “everyday reality.” Neither exists.

INTERVIEWER

E. M. Forster speaks of his major characters sometimes taking over and dictating the course of his novels. Has this ever been a problem for you, or are you in complete command?

NABOKOV

My knowledge of Mr. Forster’s works is limited to one novel, which I dislike; and anyway, it was not he who fathered that trite little whimsy about characters getting out of hand; it is as old as the quills, although of course one sympathizes with his people if they try to wriggle out of that trip to India or wherever he takes them. My characters are galley slaves.

INTERVIEWER

Clarence Brown of Princeton has pointed out striking similarities in your work. He refers to you as “extremely repetitious” and that in wildly different ways you are in essence saying the same thing. He speaks of fate being the “muse of Nabokov.” Are you consciously aware of “repeating yourself,” or to put it another way, that you strive for a conscious unity to your shelf of books?

NABOKOV

I do not think I have seen Clarence Brown’s essay, but he may have something there. Derivative writers seem versatile because they imitate many others, past and present. Artistic originality has only its own self to copy.

shut up no one cares.

INTERVIEWER

Do you think literary criticism is at all purposeful? Either in general, or specifically about your own books? Is it ever instructive?

NABOKOV

The purpose of a critique is to say something about a book the critic has or has not read. Criticism can be instructive in the sense that it gives readers, including the author of the book, some information about the critic’s intelligence, or honesty, or both.

t. has never read the quran
Once again it's in the language. Qur'aan caught on due to the unrivaled style. Poets at the time were taken by it's careful but powerful verses. On top of that it has laws, beliefs, commands and has answers to Christianity and Judaism.

none of them

Toska - noun /ˈtō-skə/ - Russian word roughly translated as sadness, melancholia, lugubriousness.

"No single word in English renders all the shades of toska. At its deepest and most painful, it is a sensation of great spiritual anguish, often without any specific cause. At less morbid levels it is a dull ache of the soul, a longing with nothing to long for, a sick pining, a vague restlessness, mental throes, yearning. In particular cases it may be the desire for somebody of something specific, nostalgia, love-sickness. At the lowest level it grades into ennui, boredom.”

my diary desu

Obvious choice. But Japan fears the samurai.

Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.

“I need you, the reader, to imagine us, for we don't really exist if you don't.”

“Literature was not born the day when a boy crying "wolf, wolf" came running out of the Neanderthal valley with a big gray wolf at his heels; literature was born on the day when a boy came crying "wolf, wolf" and there was no wolf behind him.”

inb4 every book posted here will receive at least 1 quote with "literally this" or "seconded" or "FUCKING THIS" or "agreed" etc.
It's impossible to have a critical sense on a thing so impossible to mediate like "anime adaption of classic novels".

The only classic novels diserving adaptations are those of Walter Scott and Duma, Dickens, Stevenson and Fenimore Cooper.

Aka shounenshit.

Forgot Jack London. All my money for White Fang by KyoAni.

>fucks the entire second part over with some gary-stu isekai MC
No thanks. What were they thinking?

Geh.

Anything by Terry Pratchett

The anime industry adapted classic novels all the time a few decades ago.

Just be sure not to read the spin-off/sequel if something like that got to you

Surely you meant this one

Nabokov was such a cunt jesus christ.

Absolutely hilarious. What a guy.

I care, shut up kid.

Yeah, Jesus is the most overpowered MC I've seen. Bible is the trashiest light novel I've ever read.
>Inserting yourself as a son of god
Why doesn't the author write actual three-dimensional characters instead? Also too much use of sex, nudity and violence to the point of being edgy and how does Moses suddenly gain a magical deus ex machina power to split rivers in half?
I want for anime adaptation to fix that, because world building in Bible is pretty good (for the most part).

It has everything anime needs

Whatever happened to WMT et al? Adapting novels is easy, since all you have to worry about is direction.

Can you imagine the shitposting that would take place during the second half of a Lolita anime?

>used good
>NTR
No.

By Shaft

youtube.com/watch?v=Eh5GUTpby3E

literally best isekai ever made

I presume they don't tend to earn as well because they lack opportunities to insert merchandise into the story. So they need a sponsor.

We have this thread every other fucking month, and the answer is always ALWAYS Wheel of Time, we've practically decided on it at this point.
For my personal opinion I'd really like to see Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Murakami animated, Lt. Mamiya's stories were fucking gold.

3 ovas.

That is not isekai though, that is what Star Trek copied setting and "directive one" from. Strugatski also already have cartoons.

youtube.com/watch?v=CSPbnvjQ4Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=NuWzVS8ypQU
youtube.com/watch?v=Kst2e3R0hsU
youtube.com/watch?v=HZodexUkiDI

Make a great Gatsby anime. That would be fun.

Now, this is a thread I can get behind.

Adapt it into a visual novel, then.

Muh nigga

They should cover the whole Mahābhārata so I don't have to read that shit.

Takbir

High-budget Art of War OVA series never ever

Would watch, fucking loved this as a kid. Season/part 2 with The River and three OVA's for Brian's Winter, Return, and Hunt

How do you adapt it? It is just compilation list of theses. It is not a story. At least you can adapt Machiavelli "Prince" into anime, but not Art of War directly.

No. The best wish-fullfillment isekai is this one.

Damn i loved Frai until Echo series went to pointless spin offs

>tons of waifus
>incest
>lolis
>terrorism
>superpowers
>space battles
Leave anime to me.

>Plenty of action
>Naked shotas
>Tsundere redhead love interest
>Incestbait with the sister
>Brother is edgelord villain
>Epic tweest at the end

Quran literally has lolidom. Aisha takes the lead on Muhammad

Animorphs for kemoner friends

> Strugatsky
> Frai
> Pelevin
So many russian fellows here. How about pic related?

Sonya is my waifu for laifu.

Want to say something about used goods, but I can't. She is literally saint.

If everyone in it turned into cute girls. And it would be Madoka clone anyway.

Madoka don't have such good comic relief bros as Korovin and Behemoth the Cat.

I just want them to somehow use this as soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=bedH7BIV9kE

Everybody would fucking drop it at the first episode. Can you imagine a whole episode droning on and on about some fucking guy's family tree?

Lolita by the Violet Evergarden production team would be the greatest thing ever.

But it returned to the main storyline again after the 7 books of Chronicles

> Russian rock as anime soundtrack
Well, at least you don't suggest The King and the Jester.

This thread is occupied by Russian hackers.
Are you guys really the most reading nation?

1Q84 or 100 Years of Solitude.
Has any visual media work ever pulled off magical realism to Garcia Marquez level?

Cant see it really working in any other medium

An anime adaption would be terrible, just like the movies.
Salinger's short stories would be good if you want lolis and shotas.

King and the Jester is anime on itself already

youtube.com/watch?v=m6rjw5tBWVg
youtube.com/watch?v=i7R6_7e10QM
youtube.com/watch?v=1Uq6RoI-pj0
youtube.com/watch?v=a7ByIzaVzw8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxcoPeAAeBk
youtube.com/watch?v=DKqYkseiYLI

First two books of the Dreams is shit anyway.
Welp, people who is not angry schoolkids or fucking bydlo sure reads pretty much. And our school education program made in a way that make you proud of your literature.

No. Most writing. But every citizen of motherland having own book on SamIzdat and having read at least one other, it piles up.

It wasn't a desu ex machina, it was hinted at chapters prior when he was able to have his staff turn into a snake.

what are you talking about?
Sure, Nabokov is a great writer, but have you seen the 1962 Lolita movie directed by Kubrick? It's a fucking masterpiece, it's not absolutely faithful to the novel but it is still a great piece of art

>whole class laughing as the pilot farts himself to death
Good times.

pic

Nastasya Filippovna (Hitagi) > Sonya Marmeladova

Is Pushkin the KyoAni of russian litterature? Will i get laughed at for mentioning him?

>Nastasya
>Hitagi
You must be kidding.

Easy.

>Talk to cute loli on beach
>ask about her day
>tell her a fun little story as she sits on your lap
>get up, leave, and kill yourself

It's not widely (or at all) known outside of Poland but man it's fucking good and would make a good and interesting show.

Goethe's Faust.

Pushkin is really good writer and his language as good as KyoAni drawings. His The Bronze Horseman's intro is one of my favorite things in russian classic. But it lost a lot of its beauty in translation.
But his poems and rhymes have a lot of senses, shades and meanings that hard to be understood without proper anslysis. KyoAni have no such thing.

>Goethe's Faust.
Death Note

Blood Meridian

You don't have to be Russian to appreciate good Russian books. I'm a south slav and I still like them. In school, there were plenty of russian books that were required reading, but I kept reading afterwards
Sure, you may not get some puns (for example, the name of Shinel's MC - Akakiy Akakiev both sounds generic as hell, and it it has a scat pun in it), but it's still very good prose. There is a reason so many people ITT are talking about russian authors, even though they might not be russian.

> not Worm

Come the fuck on guys.

I have a large, fat book with Bulgarian fairytales, I feel like that would make for a pretty good episodic anime. Make it like Fuyu no Hi, or Space Dandy, where a different staff tackles each episode.
I'm serious, the stuff is pretty healing in a strange way. There are action scenes for these that want them, but the biggest part of the books is the atmosphere building.

I imagine it like Kino no Tabi produced by Shaft and directed by Yuasa

I wonder why there isn't a novel where a a fantasy creature (e.g. elf) gets transported into the world of the New Testament. Jesus is chilling in the Judaean Desert, and all of a sudden an elf pops up and murders him. The elf steals Jesus' clothes, and when he eventually goes back to Galilee, he is met by the people that knew the OG Jesus. They drop just enough hints when asking about his new appearance, that the elf manages to fool them with ease, and convinces them that this "new" appearance is a gift from God not giving in to Satan's temptations.
And so on.
Seriously, you have a whole world built for you, in a royalty-free book. Take something from it, japs.

Gulliver's Travels but with little girls.