AYO HOL UP

Everyone talks shit when people pronounce "Evangelion" wrong. Like it's supposed to be E-Van-Gell-Ian according to Sup Forums but if it comes from the word Evangelical like the creator of the show says (which is pronounced evanjellical) then that means the show has to be pronounced evanjellyan

I thought it was supposed to be:
ee-ban-geh-lee-en

エヴァンゲリオン

party pooper

Real life: Ev-an-gel-on
Anime: E-van-jelly-on

It sounds complicated.

Being able to read kana should be a minimum requirement to post here

could you be anymore of a weeaboo?

it's from the greek word "Ευαγγέλιο" which is pronounced E-Va(n)-ge-li-o(n)

It takes at most a week to learn kana. Not that hard.

Yeah if you have autism maybe

It's pronounced "Evangelion" you morons

Just because you're retarded doesn't make everyone else autistic, friendo.

mutt thread.

English sucks.

This image is retarded, english has a lot of rules about what sounds letters make but you can't just randomly apply them. "ti" doesn't equal "sh" just because "tion" equals "shiun". "gh" never sounds like "f" at the beginning of a word. The O in women is a special case because the word comes from middle english "wimmen".

kys loser

all you have to say is `orthography != language'

There's a lot of stuff you didn't point out
Constanant and vowel placements mean a lot
For example, all of the words that end with the silent e which changes the sound of vowels before it.
There are set rules that you can follow to pronounce anything. In this case "ghoti' is pronounced like goatee if you read it correctly
I'm not an English major though so fuck what i know

>trusting a single thing Hideaki Anno says

Yeah, its not like he mad the fucking show or anything.

Evangelion (or evangelio) is originally a Greek word. Greek has more standard pronunciation than English does. It's also pronounced with a hard g in Japanese as you can see by its spelling.

That's the joke.

e-van-jeleeon

English sucks because of pronunciations but other languages suck because of the grammar structures and the fact that you don't speak words in the "right" order when making a sentence.

That's not how you pronounce "Evangelion".

>you don't speak words in the "right" order when making a sentence
You only think the English order is right because that's what you're used to. There's no reason SOV is anymore "right" than SVO or VSO or any of the other ones. SOV is still really common in a lot of languages but some of them have freer word order and you can change it up for various reasons.

Or rather SVO being anymore right and other languages commonly having SVO.

English's biggest fault is also the reason it's the most popular language on the planet: massive fault tolerance. It doesn't have to have all the words right. It doesn't have to be SOV to be understood. Nouns can sometimes be used as verbs and vice versa. You can effortlessly integrate new words and words from other languages and not break things. This all makes the language complex as fuck but at the same time you can make a huge number of mistakes using it and still be understood.

AND STARRING ROBERT DOWNEY JR AS:
ROKUBUNGI GENDOU

does anyone on here have the rebuild being a continuation of the original series info-graphic? can't find it anywhere

Literally type what you just asked into google images user.

> which is pronounced evanjellical
Maybe in English.

literally that's what i did but i still can't find it

You take that back you Latinate monkey.

ive always pronounced it evangelion

It's not from Evangelical, and I'd love to see where you heard that. Evangelion is a Greek word, meaning Gospel/Good News, with its own distinct pronunciation. Ee-Van-Gell-Ee-On.