Persona 5:

Persona 5: The Animation will be airing on the 7th of April

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2018/02/persona-5-animation-begins-airing-april-7-makoto-niijima-key-visual
youtube.com/watch?v=z6FKZduv5HM
myanimelist.net/people/10936/Masashi_Ishihama
youtube.com/watch?v=_rmthuXOuzs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gematsu.com/2018/02/persona-5-animation-begins-airing-april-7-makoto-niijima-key-visual

Should I watch if I haven't played the game?

what's the point of watching it if you've already played the game? you know what happens anyways

With the change in directors from the usual in regards to the Persona anime series, I'm expecting a lot from him.

For Joker with actual personality.

As I'm one of those who don't play P5 the video game and did enjoy both P4 and P4 Golden anime, I'm looking forward for this.

Can't wait.

Should I just watch this instead of playing the game?

I will do it for my queen Sae Niijima!

It's a significantly inferior way of expiriencing the story, so if you have any interest in the game try that first. It's impossible to fit a 100 hour game into 12 episodes, so the anime will most likely be cutting a lot of corners when it comes to side stories and confidants, which half the appeal of Persona.

All the prior persona anime have been hot garbage, better avoid this like the plague

To see if they can do the game justice.
The game has Matsuki Miyu, the anime won't.

Day breakers was alright

Best play the game first.

if you ever plan to play the game, which by the way is seriously great, then no.

It wasn't

It was

Anne a cute
youtube.com/watch?v=z6FKZduv5HM

Seiji Kishi isn't directing this? There might be hope that this turns out decent then.

Cool I can't wait to see my queen and waifu.

Please be in it

The part with Morgana was super cute.

Makoto is really cute here. Hope A1 won't disappoint not as much

You can watch but it's obviously going to be inferior compared to the game.

She's super popular so she'll be in it.

No. This is the new director.

myanimelist.net/people/10936/Masashi_Ishihama

He did Shinsekai Yori.

My waifu Haru will get no screen time, so I don't know.

>A-1 Pictures
I'd be surprised if it won't be a total failure

>tfw my cousin won't shut up about this

I am still mad the persona 3 dancing game has the better tracklist

Wait do we know it's 12 Episodes. No way is it going to be 12 Episodes. I expect 24

Of course they won't squeeze all palaces in 12 episodes, he meant it's going to be two seasons.
Nothing confirmed so far but I guess season one will end with Kaneshiro.

Anyone have high expectations for it? I think it'll be just as mediocre as the game was. Some alright waifus, sure, but that's all it had going for it. Oh wait, that's every anime. Nevermind.

I know it's going to be mediocre but I want to see Makoto animated.

>Atlus adaptation
>Good

Don't delude yourself user.

Does your cousin call you big bro?

Why should you see this without playing the game? The story, like in every Persona is shit and not subtle at all.
The best thing about these games are the characters interactions and you wouldn't se much in the adaptation.

>He did Shinsekai Yori.
Well, Shinsekai Yori was great but it mostly for the source material and the direction was inconsistent as fuck.
Everything about the adaptation was inconsistent: Designs, Ost, Pacing, Background, almost everything.

I'm only looking forward to the OST for the anime. The game was a mixed bag for me, but tat OST was top fucking tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=_rmthuXOuzs

You haven't heard the soundtrack until you've listened to it on vinyl.

Just kidding, sounds the same.

I'M A SHAPESHIFTERRRRRRRR

It's a Persona adaptation, it's going to be shit.

Post P4 anime pictures in memory of the good old times

I actually liked the P4 anime. The Golden anime on the other hand was fucking garbage. I hope Atlus learned their lesson after trying to shill their Mary Sue into every fucking Persona 4 related medium.

Will the OP and the ED be the same as the game?

So Makoto will be the love interest, right?

Just say you didn't like it.

No.

They'll probably do the same thing they did with P4A and give all the girls some moments with Joker. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they have preferential treatment to Makoto since they love her in nipland and she's pretty popular in the west too.

It should just be Ann imo.

Looks like that one hentai with the eggs.

Someone post 2Chie

I'll never buy another Atlus product if either of these happen.

What are the chances of them going for the kawakami route?
If they don't I'm not interested.

>the story will be cut to shit and changed in retarded ways
>fun character interactions will be few and far between (your favorite scenes will be cut)
>joker's personality will be shit
>morgana will get more screentime
>QUALITY
>makoto won't win the mcbowl
>no one will win the mcbowl
>everyone loses especially everyone who played the game
>but we'll get some new baller soundtracks if the trailer is anything to go by
Thank you based A-1

I seriously don't understand the butthurt over Marie. Her story in the game is optional and the Golden anime would have just been the exact same shit as the original animation if they didn't put a focus on Marie. Just watch the original animation retard.

At least we'll laugh at the QUALITY

They'll probably throw in some of her maid stuff for comedy, but other than that zero. Makoto and Ann are the only two girls who will get any significant romantic scene with Joker.

Hey cool I'll be in Japan then

No, inconsistent is the right definition for it.
The episodes directed by the Casshern Sins guy and the others belong in different universes.

Everybody will win the Renbowl

It either needs to be all or none. A sole love interest pisses too many people off.

They're gonna ramp up the Goro fujoshit fanservice to 900%

>Everyone just gets angry at you for cheating on them except for Futaba, who just cries

Best girl

why is the old man and the cat there, too?
don't fucking tell me they're in the harem, too?

Play the game.

If it's like P4A, Yuuske and Ryuuji will be the main love interests.

>Super Popular
She's like the 5th most-popular girl after all the Phantom Thieves.

I don't envy anyone who cheated on Futaba. That shit must be hard as fuck to watch.

I'm going to watch it but it's most likely going to be complete garbage. P5 is far too large for anyone to fit it in a single season. You'll need some extremely talented folk working on it and A-1 has no such people.
It'll end up about as bad as Danganronpa 1 adaptation.

All I ask is that they give Joker a fun personality like Narukami.

0%. Judging from the director, P5 is going full fujo pandering.

People are going to riot if they won't. He's a phantom thief, he HAS to be cool and badass.

Full of QUALITY

Literally the sole thing that powered me through NG+ was romancing Futaba alone after breaking her heart in NG romancing everyone