Why is japan so xenophobic but at the same time has a gigantic boner for the english language?

Why is japan so xenophobic but at the same time has a gigantic boner for the english language?

>what are westaboos

Yes, clearly all the anime with english attack names are aimed at westaboos

yes

Japan is a tsundere

For the same reason they hate chinks but also have a boner for Romance of the 3 Kingdoms.
It just sounds cool.

Because language doesn't increase the crime rate.
You don't have to like blacks to enjoy jazz or music made by a black person, you don't have to like germans to like their language. Your way of thinking makes no sense, it's like not realistic. English is super popular and it's good for business to know it, it makes sense that they would use the english language sometimes they use english occasionally in all parts of the world and it's because amarican culture is so prevalent everywhere.

Japanese hate English.
English is cool for dumb attack special.

I am Japanese.

Is there any country the nips don't hate?

>English is popular
>most nips can't speak English
>popular but rare to encounter
I guess it just became cool

japs are xenophobic but like euro/american things

America effectively colonized them for awhile after WW2 and the English language just sort of blended into their culture. The effect was amplified by the growing importance of English as a global language that quickly became a mandatory course in the education system.

They like english and german because it sounds cool and exotic to them, that's all there is to it.

France, until they get there and have their dreams shattered.

It's one thing to use a few cool-sounding words for something, quite another to import a bunch of foreign scum to contaminate your society and culture.

I hate it when people use "xenophobe" like an insult. Why the fuck shouldn't you be wary of foreigners in your midst?

>hate stupid pig language
>lurk Sup Forums

Is like Japan is not only one person!

from what I've seen they go back to japan fairly happy. they know about france's migrant problem before they get there.

It's like you can't make generalizations

The English language is a glorious bastard, conquerer and thief in equal measure. It's the dopest shit. I can see why the Japanese sneak it in alongside German.

>xenophobic
go back to the other website communist retard

>Implying it's just the Migrants that are the problem
French people are massive cunts

I wouldn't say huge boner considering that most japs can't into english

Having a competent immigration policy and valuing their own culture isn't 'xenophobic'

Because Americans implanted it there with two nukes.

Island genetics. Raises the chance of mental issues.

>Xenophobic.

They aren't actually all that xenophobic. That's an old stereotype. Americans don't really have a leg to stand on calling other cultures xenophobes anymore.

And English is mainly integrated into their language for a few reasons. It was a big part of first contact. The Colonial brits were in China and trade with them was a big part of what allowed Japan to modernize. Then America destroyed their country and paid to have it rebuilt in their image. Those two events both had a big impact on how english is used in Japanese. In addition, English is lingua franca, so any culture that has a relevant economy and takes part in global trade will have some kind of working relationship with it.
It's especially important to east asian cultures because their writing system isn't compatible with latin writing systems, meaning that english acts as a bridge between words, phrases and concepts that simply don't translate between the two.

The only reason you don't see lots of english in every european culture is because they're autistic about historical nationalism and pay expensive boards of overeducated elderly to literally invent new words for anglophone technology, so they can call a computer an "ordinateur" and insist their language remains culturally pure.

>xenophobic
Everybody that uses this word is a faggot that wants to oversimplify things.
It's almost as if countries are made by people that are alike (both racially and culturally), and they want them to stay that way.
Why we have a "boner" for the English language? I wonder why. The Americans did control the country for a couple of years after WWII, and so, American culture would've had a chance to penetrate the local one. English is also the lingua franca, and it's useful to know it. Young people all over the world add English words in their speech, and Japan is no exception.
Oh, and FYI, back when French was still the lingua franca, a certain German emperor who turned the many warring duchies and states loved it. The man who shaped Germany in the 19th century disliked the way German sounded, and loved French for its pleasing sound, much to the annoyance of his fellow germans.
We're basically forced to - we don't learn it normally. Almost all of the entertainment in Japan is in Japanese - books, TV shows, songs, and so on. It's very hard to pick it up naturally, and that's why our English is so awkward.

Not wanting your country overrun with foreigners doesn't mean you can't appreciate other cultures. I like my chinese cartoons but that doesn't mean I wouldn't get fucking annoyed if a bunch of them moved into my city and constantly asked me questions in broken engrish while refusing to adapt to the culture.

>The man who shaped Germany in the 19th century disliked the way German sounded, and loved French for its pleasing sound, much to the annoyance of his fellow germans.
Can confirm. I'm German and French sounds gay, everything that comes from that language is illogical.

>not xenophobic
>has hate speech rallies against those pesky koreans on the street
Every country in the world is xenophobic.

To be fair, Koreans are just terrible.

Koreans aren't human so It doesn't count

It's an American thing. We're so ethnically diverse that it has become socially inexcusable to view any nationality differently than our own. Any other country, especially one as small and actually isolated as Japan, has every right to be xenophobic. That being said, it's pretty cool how we have a sort of mutual admiration for each other via weaboos and westaboos.

That's mostly Parisians, really. Unfortunately, 99% f the tourists only ever visit Paris.

>I can see why the Japanese sneak it in alongside German.
I wish they would stop the german stuff
such an ugly language

Not just english. German, french, and other european languages too.

Cause your concept of xenophobia is fucking retarded. You can appreciate and borrow from another culture without bending over to get your nation pozzed by foreigners.

>Japanese love Europeans, just like everyone else on the planet
Is this really Sup Forums related?

Don't be so mean. They're just narrow-minded barbarians who have to deceive themselves to tame themselves.

They truly shine when they're in America. I neither hate, nor love normal Koreans, but the Roof Koreans of the LA Riots have my eternal respect.

There's even a support institution for Japanese tourists who go to France and realize how much it sucked and become depressed, this existed before there was ever a migrant problem

Koreans are obsessed with adultery and cuckoldry, so fuck em.

Germany.

Just like the Japanese then.