Character washes her head in the kitchen sink instead of taking a shower

>character washes her head in the kitchen sink instead of taking a shower
Colour me fucking surprised. I never knew I needed this bit of realism until now.

>realism

That’s the most inconvenient bullshit I’ve ever heard of.

It is inconvenient, yeah, but it's a cheap apartment with no shower or bath.
It's kinda nice seeing things like that when 99% of anime characters take showers and bathe in gigantic king-sized bathrooms.

I've never washed my head in the sink. I've washed my feet in it a few times though.

I would start licking the back of her thighs.

>tfw in Japan
>live in a shitty apartment complex
>water never gets hot
>taking showers is painful

hits close to home

>no shower
I don't get it. How do they clean themselves? Body powder?

Public baths

Japan has thermae in every street.

My hairdresser friends usually wash their hair in the sink or leaning over the bath.

Washing your hair in the sink is quicker on occassion. I do it and I have a shower. Long hair gets greasy and maintaining it is a constant struggle. When you just want to wash your hair and not your entire body, it's a lot more convenient.

>cheap apt with no shower or bath
Realism? I don't think that is even legal in America. Dwellings have to provide showers, though they could be shared.
Who the fuck would pay rent for a place without a shower? Poo in loos?

The thought of having to leave my house to take a bath or shower every single time drives me crazy.

>japan teaching waterboarding through anime
Basrd

I want to sex her from behind while she attempts to wash her hair.

Why do you think Japs have public bathhouse? Cheap / old apartments without bathroom are the norm there

I can't remember ever wanting to wash my hair but not my body. It's the opposite that happens all the time.

You do that when your hair is a grease factory

I'm reminded everytime of how different Asian vs. European bathing and hygiene norms are.

In terms of hygiene:
America>Japan>Most European countries
Americans wash themselves way too much sometimes, to be honest.

They lick each other clean

When I went to Japan as a poorfag I actually rented a shitty room with no shower because It was super cheap. It wasn't that bad for a couple of weeks, but I can't imagine living like that for years

This is what everyone does, my mom and grandma used to do it. I guess you do it before you do your hair.

Americans don't use bidets though, they walk around with dry crusty shit particles on their assholes.

Before you tell me they wipe, stop. It's impossible to get every bit of shit off with a dry piece of paper, you need some water.

Not every European uses a bidet, you know. I'm sure it's more or less unheard of in Eastern Europe. Bidets aren't that big over here in Germany, either.

I do that before I take a quick walk outside or going to a grocery store. I mean, I'm not going to go out in the public with my bed hair.

i heard french don't wash themselves at all

Do you merely wash yourself with water, or do you use shampoo, too? I know some people that either.

Us SEAfags are obsessed with keeping clean 2bh. Almost everyone I know bathes 2-3 times a day and hydro pumps their asshole clean given the chance.

Looks like I worded it wrong.

I'm not talking about washing your whole head with shampoos/conditioners.
I'm talking about quickly "wetting" my hair under the sink so that I can fix my bed hair.

Though I only do this when I'm going to outside for a quick walk or going to local grocery.

Ah, fair enough. My English is poor and that's why I misunderstood.

I remember reading somewhere (what a good source amiright) that most Latinamerica had very good hygiene.
Assumptions were:
>heat > sweat > showers everyday
>blue collar or field workers > gotta wash up to do anything after that
>culture sees looking clean as a class thing, so it's an aspirational effort

LA here. can confirm daily showers and twice daily when the heat is on.

USA poorfag college student here. I unironically do this.

I know people who do it, but normally someone helps them. In the states, it is more social than anything I think. Come to think of it, I haven't seen anyone do it in person since the 1980s.

This is true. They also all wear berets, don't know a word of English, and eat frogs every single day.

When I was a kid my family did this every second day to save money on water and on the other days we shared bath water. Dumb rich weeb.

Why not just kneel over the tub and use the showerhead instead so you can actually move it around and rinse off easier and faster?

large western euro island here how do you get dry with a bidet?

In most European countries it goes like this:
>shower in the morning
>shower after having exercised
>shower when it's too hot
>shower when you're leaving a beach or when you're about to leave/enter a swimming-pool
In winter Europeans usually wash once a day, in summer twice. By Europe I mean the more northern countries, starting at Austria and going all the way up through Germany and Poland up to Norway. I assume it's different in countries like Italy and Spain and they wash even more.

its called baño vaquero here in mexico user.

This. I do it every morning.

Isn't washing hair over a bath normal?

That's why I use baby wipes. Not one hash mark in all my life.

I shower once a week to get rid of the worst of the grime if I'm going to town.

>I shower once a week

How little do you bathe that your hair gets greasy before it comes time to have a shower? I shouldn't be surprised with the kind of degeneracy on here.

This image shouldn't be so sexy.

Italians have bidets

Different user here, but actually the more frequently you wash your hair, the faster it gets greasy.

How many times a day does the average Indian user shower?

inb4 zero

I have to was it every second day otherwise I look like a wet dog. Typically people bathe every third day.

retarded bro science
just like saying that shaving makes your hair thicker

after a while hair starts to self clean generally I just wash armpits feet and crotch.

I bathe with my cute wife Chino everyday

same sometimes every other week.

How is that bro science? Do you have any idea what the term refers to or are you just parroting random words you saw on the internet once without fully understanding their meaning or context? It's not a synonym for "old wives' tale" you twit.

Close this thread

It's actually quicker than showering, so if you just need to wash your hair it's a decent option.

Shaving only seems to make hair thicker because when it regrows it doesn't grow back the fine tips it would have had otherwise.
The hair does get greasy faster if you wash it too much. It's more noticeable with longer hair. To stop it getting greasy so fast you have to go without washing it a few days to get it back to normal.

Fucking gross.

Your hair tries to replace the oils you just washed out

Same here. I don't go outside so I only bathe when even I can feel my bad smell

I find it really weird that they carry bread around everywhere and it isn't even sliced bread.

Much the same here where I live in the USA. Using the sink for washing only hair is also a thing here.

Once every 3rd day is optimal so long as you are not sweating like crazy, having sex, or doing a job that's dirty in some manner. And, you must change clothing every day.

The more frequently you SHAMPOO your hair. The soap strips the oil and your body overcompensates. Just speaking generally, I'm sure there are exceptions.
You can get your hair wet all you want.

Showering more than once a weak is actually unhealthy for your skin and immune system. Also sweat is neither unsanitary nor naturally repulsive to human olfaction unless in truly great amounts. You have just been brainwashed by the cosmetics industry.

I was in Paris in December and this is actually true.
The bread is delicious though.

oh shit we're getting into deep web hygiene conspiracies here

Generally every person I've ever met showers every second day.

Actually I spend most of my life outside but I don't interact with people much, and I don't get much benefit from having to dry towels, I've worn my work jeans for a month or two, change shirts socks and underwear every day though.

Whether it's brainwashing or not, if you don't shower for a couple days you smell bad.

Your dakimakura don't deserve this suffering

yes goblins like you typically have stronger immune systems than people

Showering is for normalfags and reddit, rather be dirty than normal.

>Not having a detachable shower head in 2010+8

After 3 days, sebum starts to go rancid.

You may smell bad by cultural standards. By cultural standards you might also be considered a nazi for not advocating uncontrolled immigration or a race traitor for not wanting to kill all black people depending on your cultural group. Cultutral standards are not always clever.

user dropping some heavy truthbombs here

You aren't going to get a girlfriend or a job with that mentality

Why would he want that

It doesn't matter if it's cultural or not, it's something my body has a negative physical response to, and I doubt it's something unique to my culture. Regardless, I don't want to make people feel sick with my presence, and I don't want people to make me feel sick, so I shower regularly. Take the rest of that garbage to Sup Forums.

goblins don't get things, they take it

Japan is pretty cramped in some areas. If you have the choice between paying lots of money extra for a tiny shower or just visiting the sento, the latter might not seem like a bad choice.

never really got the point in doing that. washing your hair is the most time consuming part, if you're already doing that you might as well invest the one additional minute to take a full shower.

my hair gets greasy after a day. not to the point where it's disgusting, but to the point where I simply prefer to wash it.
I also take a shower every morning though so that doesn't really matter

>realism
Take a fucking shower you dirty pig.

I'm from eastern Europe and I've been to many houses with bidets. I have one in my bathroom as well.

I live in Norway and the only bidet I've ever seen in my life is my uncle's. They're extremely uncommon.

>Sup Forumstards actually think personal hygiene is a conspiracy
Oh boy I'm laffin. But seriously, take your shitty body and your shitty ideology back to whence you came.

Europeans don't wash everyday. It's where the term filthy eurotrash comes from.

Only if you work up a sweat. If you're not sweating or getting filthy, why would you stink after a day?

I think he's just trying to say black people smell.

This, bathing everyday hurts your skin and your hair
Ignore the amerimutts

What is the longest Sup Forums could go without a bath?

>implying Sup Forums has any normal functioning people

Have you seen a single thread dude???

Two days for me, when I don't plan on going out. Any longer and I'd feel like a fucking animal.

When i was a neet, i once went a whole 6 months without a single bath. My hair got all greasy and,like, sticked together. But it got a nice shiny sheen