FLCL 2

I'm not worried about the story because the new scriptwriter seems talented but there's no way the art quality and direction can hold up to the original. Gainax only had so much money to drop on FLCL in the first place because of Eva's success.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g6nXzbvT0Oo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only thing anyone is anticipating from this is new Pillows music.

/thread

when does this come out?

I'm worried about the soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=g6nXzbvT0Oo

It's not like they've been away. Or changed massively. They're still pumping out albums every year or two, and their sound hasn't really changed much.

If you shuffle the songs between Moondust and Runners High, or Nook in the Brain and Happy Bivouac, I really wouldn't notice much difference.

>TV
>Chief director has seemingly only done Atom the Beginning and Psycho Pass
>Directors are pretty much no-names outside of working as episode directors or key animators in things like Flip Flappers or Kill La Kill, although one of them seems to be more experienced (Toshihisa Kaiya, who has worked in keys from Magnetic Rose to Mind Game to the last Mitsuru Hongo Shin Chan film)
>Character designer that worked on Shinsekai Yori, animated keys in the first and last episode, Dead Leaves, worked with Hosoda and Hara. Cool.
>Character/Demon designer of Crybaby, and director of its fifth episode, worked at Space Dandy and Denno Coil... as a mecha designer
>"former hykki" type as a writer

Main staff doesn't look good at all, but the true stuff in FLCL was its individual scenes anyway. At least we got The Pillows!

FLCL is inherently inseparable from the exact time period it was made in. It's simply not possible to do it again.

>that compression
The OSTs were mastered so badly. A lot of the album original versions of the same songs sound pristine in comparison.

But the pillows are washed up and the original series already used all their good albums. The Pillows coming back were the final nail in the coffin of this being a lame nostalgia cashgrab that will never capture the feeling of the original.

It's a YouTube video from a decade ago user. The one on the disc sounds fine.

And the return of the goddess...

I know how to save FLCL2. For the OP and ED, they can just borrow whatever recent single release Sony wants to hype. For the rest of the soundtrack, they can pay some studio composer to do a few recorder remixes of the four-measure hook from the opening theme for the BGM and eyecatch.

For the animation, the bulk of the airtime can be cheap slice-of-life stuff where nobody moves much and just talks. The more talking, and the more oblique references to dongs, the more profound it is. For everything else, they can re-use some of the absurdist scenes from Nichijou, since all the action sequences were stupid expensive and nobody's actually seen them anyway.

The Vespa and bass were pretty iconic, so they could take it a step further and have the slut join the light music club--just in time for the cultural festival. Between that and the beach episode for the Blu-Rays, and you've filled out an entire 13-episode cour for peanuts. Perhaps literal peanuts--I don't think they actually pay their animators in money anymore, and we won't need them for much regardless.

No need to thank me. Just saving anime.

thanks

>Directors are pretty much no-names outside of working as episode directors or key animators
This isn't a bad thing though. The original directors weren't experienced either.

it is going to be shit... end of story..

they're gonna WRECK it!

>make a trailer
>main character has the same bland expression, every cut she is in
why is this allowed?
how do we counter this bland autism that has taken over anime?

also what does it say about the quality of the writing, that she is allowed to wear those head phones in class?
is this show worse than starwars in trying to pimp merchandise?

>pimp merchandise
not like they're being paid for it. The headphone designer threatened to sue them and now she's gonna be credited in the show.

>TV
The two seasons are getting theatrical releases in Japan so it's pretty likely that they're actually gonna be movies split into 12 episodes like what crunchyroll did with Digimon Adventure Tri

personally I think that it is just happenstance that the headphones looked similar, I doubt that the creative team even knew about the head phones before the creator pointed it out. I think that they wanted to make their own headphones based on the design.

How the fuck was Tsurumaki not experienced after being the right hand of Anno on both Kare Kano and FUCKING Evangelion?

I'm talking about the animation directors