WAT

WAT

SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS

get out of Sup Forums newfag

The proper response is to tell them to lurk

I actually wanted to throw my tv at this scene

Well it is a checkmate, just for the other player. I'm sure it's an illegal move though

i think he's playing by golf rules

Nice try, but see if you can make it through here, Sonic.

check em, mate

MOTHERFUCKER

CHECKED

>404
lol rip this thread

i can see mods deleting the posts but not the thread

>404
>444
WHAT DOES IT MEAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

The point of this scene is Lelouch easily winning against the literally who richman. You literally have to be autistic to get triggered by this.

Interesting theory.

check em, mates

I DID IT

>54

Winning at life does not mean losing a chess game.

last digits

>6667

What tragic almost-quads.

What's going on in here?

fuck it 1 more

HORY SHEY

Baka anime when?

WHY IS NOBODY CHECKING THIS SHIT

CHECKED CHECKED CHECKED!!! DING DING DING!!!

YOU'VE WON!!!

WHEN THE FUCK IS R3 SUNRISE

I thought dubs and digits were impossible on Sup Forums?

Okay so basically yes it is an illegal move. The move itself cannot be made for two reasons, both are derived form the rule that you cannot place your own king in check. First the pawn is defending b5 via diagonal. The second is that a king cannot enter no-man's-land which is the space between two kings that are not able to be entered by either king due to it putting the entering king into check which, as I stated is not a valid move.

tl;dr: It's illegal because if you're autistic enough to try to do this in chess it's amazing that you have enough knowledge to breath.

Hope that covers everything

Czech mate

it's japanese chess

go back to Sup Forums faggot

2 off fuck

It means he plays dirty under the sheets :P

:P
if I get dubs, go back where you came from

unfortunately no dubs

Lelouch and Schniezel already both agreed they were going to end up in a three-fold-repetition, a draw.
Schneizel only did this to fuck with him and see how he would reaction.

DUBZ CHECKUM

I know, what are these shitty chess pieces? Why the fuck can't people draw proper Staunton pieces?

I know people dumb enough to try to check the king only to be captured by the king, but this is retarded.

something something faeries and pharaoh

Nani?

check em

witness

what a stealth smart get thread

Check this out KoG.

WITNESSED

delet this. Also check'em

If the rule was you can't place your own king in check the black king would just kill the white one.

Dubs and the like are for fucking faggots.
Pls GTFO

what the fuck is thius thread

I'll give you a hint: No one at the table cares about the rules of chess. For one, it's a child's game, for the other, it's a lucrative hustle.

Now that that's out of the way think about character's goals and it'll be clearly evident what's being done here.

Still one of the dumbest moments in anime history

GUYS.

He is cheating. *They know*. Look at the spectator's reaction, calling it a joke, saying that it can't be, etc.

THEY KNOW!

I will never understand why people are so confused by this scene. It's not hard to understand. The characters literally narrate and explain it to you.

More than 60 replies and there's not the only image that has to be posted.

NO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING IM IN CHARGE HERE!

Tch

What's the point of the "you can't put yourself in check" rule? What kind of a situation would there be where putting yourself in check on your turn would be a good thing? It's like if I played a fighting game and there was a mechanic where I couldn't just sandbag against my opponent.

Because if you were going to put yourself in check, you should simply concede. Willingly placing yourself into a losing board state is wasting everyone's time.

Pretty much this. It's basically an etiquette thing in the end. You either admit you lose or you at least put up a fight. but outright moving in a way to kill yourself is rude.

HOW

Check em, umu.

No, its a physics thing. He shouldn't have been able to put that piece there, it violates several fundamental laws of the universe.

Subarashii, my lord.

not anymore

There's also another reason: sometimes it might be possible to get a checkmate on an opponent but to do so would place your own king in check, for example your rook or queen is blocking the opponents queen from checking you, and then you move your rook or queen to checkmate your opponent, whilst leaving yourself in check. It was introduced for this reason

Alright this makes way more sense.

check these, mates
either 999 or 00

Pretty much, but then again they whilst being in checkmate, would still be able to take your king first due to discovered checkmate.
Though the rule is to checkmate first, not to capture the king first, which is why it is an illegal move.

fuck, well another digits

Reported, enjoy your ban

speak to the dubs and not the mods

why are people throwing a tantrum over this OP?

I dont understand why they are dub posting in the first place? It not like this is as cancerous as a Naruto or Dragonball super thread.

>recently watched that fisher 21 moves
>feel like such a brainlet trying to understand exactly how he did it
chess is the devil

why not?

Why didn't Zero use the pawn to win? The pawn is what got him that far and it would be the pawn's hard fought victory, not the King's.

By making this illegal move and then proclaiming victory he essentially tested him.
"Are you petty enough to protest? Do you need the validation of others? Do you have the inner strength to sacrifice your renown for the greater good? Would you do something great if people wouldn't give you credit?" was what was asked.

dubs to go with it I guess

it was a :3, my bad

my bad wrong image

Checkers > Chess

Speaking of dubs. How did they explain this in the English dub?

They will not simply leave politely if we're mean and aggressive to them. That's not how it works.