In your opinion, which anime had a soundtrack that fit...

In your opinion, which anime had a soundtrack that fit, and defined the atmosphere and the setting on the anime itself the best?
For me, it's Shinsekai Yori's. A traditional, homely Japanese sound interloped with rock, as well as electronic music. A perfect fit, considering the setting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IBva7Fu0O2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=_5qygtIVFUI
youtube.com/watch?v=WwvQ6Hs7tJE
void.cat/#ca8baf0a140314a908936180ece31d831049fd59
youtube.com/watch?v=jOQEO3YHfQI
youtube.com/watch?v=xzH0CWpshL0
youtube.com/watch?v=P0NfrmoSBa0
youtube.com/watch?v=v765H981ybM
youtube.com/watch?v=5NdcUtahcEI
youtube.com/watch?v=EXoxLWp3N8s
youtube.com/watch?v=vhTaJOWRPcA
youtube.com/watch?v=YZDfOo5qEsg
youtu.be/9XpVFyK63Sg
youtu.be/lMQK5MbIb1E
youtu.be/c1JplubMYZw
youtube.com/watch?v=2JrM-wtTbxY
youtube.com/watch?v=l9cQ8b87Wts
youtube.com/watch?v=f0YKo8tx4x0
youtube.com/watch?v=QOao5xYf8Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=_1dV6pjIDCA
youtube.com/watch?v=dLe1q_VdF1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=aFbQgsd96ts
youtube.com/watch?v=WqQ3hP_q7Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=3xcDGFy9KrM
youtube.com/watch?v=btmSuNcxiIU
mega.nz/#F!cUlXnRSR!Qx5usGd0pKr_ABRelaDR3A
youtube.com/watch?v=gJxY0h4oRHU
youtube.com/watch?v=QGgYSqT_S4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=UqT8pjQLoBE&list=PLjN2ljd-RDy5ZTH666h475LpvfZd07Dpb
youtube.com/watch?v=ncGlfMoZYto
youtube.com/watch?v=xLiVf5bYlxE
youtube.com/watch?v=IH4oDR3tWN4
youtube.com/watch?v=UQkxNbgohPg
youtube.com/watch?v=OtQX1zQs7jA
youtube.com/watch?v=9RaztTuTKs8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Madoka Magica.

Uchuu kyoudai and clannad

Eureka Seven

Squealer did nothing wrong

Houseki no Kuni

Sawano in KLK. A match made in heaven.

He was unable to convince even his strongest human advocate of his humanity, as shown by her ability to mercy-kill him without even a twinge of harm to herself.

He did - he lost.

Literally abused in Angel's Egg, IIRC. Not only the music but the auditory sense overall.

Kaiba
Denpa Onna
Aria

>the auditory sense
*the whole auditory sense. Oh, and Lain too (if I'm not mistaken again).

fpbp, Rebellion's OST is incredible too.

Anything by Yoko Kanno.

Also this.

Good taste.
Kara no kyokai's score was awesomw and perdect fit to the movie too.

boogiepop phantom. soundtrack was the best part of the show.

Mahoutsukai, MiA, Death Note come to mind

This is on the backlog purely because of the soundtrack. I'll get around to it eventually.

Cowboy Bebop, though, remains the sole series that has caused me to import materials from the island nation of Japan. In the form of music CD box sets that were stolen and are not replaceable.

House of Five Leaves

This season I'd say yuru camp. Not this season though I'd have to go with Eva. Everything is memorable and goes well with the show.

Kaiji.

Haibane Renmei
FLCL
Kids on the Slope (this is cheating, I think)
Rakugo Shinjuu
These are the tightest fit of music to aesthetic.

He was a disgusting commie dictator. That people actually side with him is a telling sign how Russia allowing Stalin to rule wasn't strange and your average American is just as bad of a totalitarian brainlet, coming with "equality" and "progress".

Aria, Monogatari, Ping Pong

Kemono no Souja Erin

>Rakugo Shinjuu
Imawa no Shinigami is literally the perfect opening. No anime ever will come close.
youtube.com/watch?v=IBva7Fu0O2Q

FMA '03 has one of the best soundtracks ever made.
youtube.com/watch?v=_5qygtIVFUI

The people siding with him is called democracy you mental midget

>ctrl+f "wolf's rain"
>0 results
Why does Sup Forums have no appreciation for Yoko Kanno's best work

youtube.com/watch?v=WwvQ6Hs7tJE

>Squealer was practicing democracy
lol

Fuck Bones tbqh, so many great soundtracks in that anime that were never released

Joshiraku

It's very playful, chill and silly at times. I listened to the OST so many times over the years and it never gets old. Thanks for making me listen to it again

Yoko Kanno was mentioned already. Same goes for Sakamichi no Apollon (though i wouldn't say background music there was that noticable. OP and all performed music were of course). I loved DtB too.

Couldn't find it anywhere on the fly, so here's a download void.cat/#ca8baf0a140314a908936180ece31d831049fd59

Sawano in Unicorn.

Chihayafuru. I'd say it wouldn't be half as thrilling to watch without that bgm.

Utena

UNMEI

MOKU

Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Castle in the sky
Redline

M01.

>soundtrack that fit, and defined the atmosphere and the setting on the anime itself the best
Spice and Wolf

Also Tsukuyomi (just first half).

Detective Conan
youtube.com/watch?v=jOQEO3YHfQI
youtube.com/watch?v=xzH0CWpshL0
youtube.com/watch?v=P0NfrmoSBa0
youtube.com/watch?v=v765H981ybM
youtube.com/watch?v=5NdcUtahcEI (the victim was a fucking asshole)
youtube.com/watch?v=EXoxLWp3N8s
youtube.com/watch?v=vhTaJOWRPcA (the victim was a fucking asshole)

Made in Abyss does a very good job selling the mystery and wonder of its setting through the ost.

Texhnolyze for me. Such an outstanding OST.

>Spice and wolf
This.

>FMA '03 has one of the best soundtracks ever made.

Still gives me chills.

>Rebellion
It's even better. If you told me Yann Tiersenesque accordion music would fit so well into a (dark) anime, I wouldn't have believed you before Hangyaku no Monogatari.

beautiful and magical

I don't have a specific anime to choose but Spice&Wolf and Made in Abyss are honorable mentions
Shinsekai is great as well

>Sawano
Most overrated anime composer alive. The Hans Zimmer of Japanese cartoons.

>I don't like your opinion, therefore mine is correct

Hyouka

Isn't that how "discussion" typically goes on Sup Forums?

>Hans Zimmer
Hans Zimmer is actually good though. He gets a lifetime free pass from me for Gladiator, The Lion King and Interstellar's scores.

>Redline
Fuck yeah

this
youtube.com/watch?v=YZDfOo5qEsg

I don't know if I'd say it's THE best but it's one of them
youtu.be/9XpVFyK63Sg
youtu.be/lMQK5MbIb1E
youtu.be/c1JplubMYZw

This except I would never compare him to Zimmer.

He did everything wrong. The guy had a functional society on the verge of industrialization and had no valid military rivals because of his feral child. He could've established boundaries and engaged in a voluntary exchange of goods with the cantus users while expanding into the terra nullius surrounding his territory, which would've been profitable for both sides, but instead he sperged out over historical injustices and launched an ill-conceived attack that lead to a retaliatory genocide of his people.

The cantus were already planning to exterminate his entire colony before he began the war against them.

Kanno Yoshihiro is a composer of art music, not entertainment stuff. He did a fantastic job.

kanon and clannad

I don't recall that. Not saying you're wrong, but if I remember correctly, the whole reason Squealer's surprise attack succeeded in the first place was because the the kantus humans didn't really consider them a threat. Saki even says so herself when she comments on the fact that the queerrat division of their government before the attack was essentially an insignificant underfunded department.

Subhuman sympathisers like you should have been purged aswell.
t.someone who was in the crowd laughing at Squealer saying that his in dirthole living rat species were humans.

ya beat me to it. While the movie was pretty shit, the soundtrack it had was also really good.
I still listen to Storywriter every summer.

>I don't recall that.
To tell you the truth, I might be remembering it wrong. I know that at the very least the cantus resolved to exterminate his colony before they were aware of their messiah.
>the whole reason Squealer's surprise attack succeeded in the first place was because the the kantus humans didn't really consider them a threat.
The cantus don't consider any of the queerats a real threat, they just get buttmad when they break the rules and slaughter the entire colony to send a message.

Aesthetically speaking, they're not human, but functionally, they're no more alien than the walking atom bombs who need emotional stability to keep from destroying themselves and the world with their barely controllable superpowers.

Right. I think the main impetus for his colony's extermination was the unresolved issue of the two missing children and his rapid expansion. Plus Squealer was getting pretty uppity. All of these issues could've been mitigated through diplomacy and trade, which would've built trust, and might've led to the council changing their perspective and loosening the rules, which only really exist because the kantus view the queerrats as savage tribals incapable of providing anything of value to them.

This, 100 percent. It helped that so much of the show was inspired by music in the first place. There was a real good connection between the soundtrack and the show. Also, getting Hardfloor to do a new song for the new movie is really cool.

The standout tracks are obviously "Storywriter", "Get it by your hands", "Tiger track", and "Niji", but all of the OPs/EDs are great and the rest of the soundtrack is also very, very good.

Niji is the best use of an insert track I've ever seen. I'm amazed that it wasn't commissioned for the episode, but rather long predates the series. Everything about it is absolutely perfect for that scene and for the series broadly.

>I'm amazed that it wasn't commissioned for the episode, but rather long predates the series
Seriously? I didn't know that at all. I absolutely never would have imagined that it wasn't made for the show; as you said, it's fits so fucking well that, even predating the show, it almost feels like it was destined to be used there.

youtube.com/watch?v=2JrM-wtTbxY
1994. Kyoda heard it as a young adult.

men of good taste.

Wrong version:
youtube.com/watch?v=l9cQ8b87Wts
This release is from 1996, but the track is from 1994.

That's so strange to me. I think it's great that Kyoda was so moved by something he heard 10+ years before E7 came out that he included it in the show. It was perfectly synchronized and fit in the best thematic way. I never, ever would have guessed it wasn't simply made for the show

Sora no Woto
youtube.com/watch?v=f0YKo8tx4x0
youtube.com/watch?v=QOao5xYf8Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=_1dV6pjIDCA
youtube.com/watch?v=dLe1q_VdF1Y

The soundtrack of Michiko to Hatchin had absolutely sick tracks.
youtube.com/watch?v=aFbQgsd96ts
This could just as good run in some rageton party thing with bodies grinding at each other.
Also very underrated anime.

Madoka. There isn't a single bad track on the entire OST, each song sounds lovingly and thoughtfully created (whether it be character songs, BGM, or the OP/ED) and it all goes very well thematically.

youtube.com/watch?v=WqQ3hP_q7Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=3xcDGFy9KrM
youtube.com/watch?v=btmSuNcxiIU

beat me to it.
un lumiere envoutante still gives me chills

Rebellion's soundtrack really is just a joy to listen to. There's all these cool leitmotifs dancing throughout the whole thing I never noticed during the movie, every song is unique and interesting while still fitting with the overall theme. You can kind of track the events of the whole movie too, even if you don't specifically remember which song plays when. Rebellion is such a god damn masterpiece.

In fact, I'm going to put it here for anyone to enjoy since you can't find it on youtube without content ID fuckery. mega.nz/#F!cUlXnRSR!Qx5usGd0pKr_ABRelaDR3A

Utena hands down.

Madoka is shit, but the OST is a masterpiece

user I really like your post. The music that plays when moonies arrive is so good

Though it doesn't stand up to some of the OST's in the thread, Sayonara Zetsoubou Sensei's fits the show and aesthetic and characters perfectly. The vastly different OPs/EDs too, and the fact that a lot of the music in general has this "older" feel to it. It's great.

youtube.com/watch?v=gJxY0h4oRHU
youtube.com/watch?v=QGgYSqT_S4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=UqT8pjQLoBE&list=PLjN2ljd-RDy5ZTH666h475LpvfZd07Dpb
youtube.com/watch?v=ncGlfMoZYto
youtube.com/watch?v=xLiVf5bYlxE

Another great one

I unironically think Samurai Champloo is one of the best anime soundtracks out there.

Berserk

Initial D

Made in Abyss

His over-the-top style was a complete fit with KLK's over-the-top nature. I don't see how that guy's wrong.

Sawano's style is maybe over-the-top on the surface but is really languid and lifeless. He builds up to meaningless climaxes over and over

NANA
youtube.com/watch?v=IH4oDR3tWN4

If you can't identify it as human, the death of shame would not affect you. Even if she's coming around to the idea that the rats are human, it's an imprecise response. It reacted to a monk self mutilating and even an image of a woman superimposed over a burning creature, not to mention it got a reaction from the Messiah despite being at least two degrees of separation from the death.

It could even have gotten to the point that she no longer considered him living.

To me those are fine examples of anime OST I enjoyed.
youtube.com/watch?v=UQkxNbgohPg
youtube.com/watch?v=OtQX1zQs7jA
youtube.com/watch?v=9RaztTuTKs8

Overrated? Sure

Also undeniably a genius. You can be both given too much credit and deserve a bunch of it.

The whole reason why the kantus humans mutated the remaining humans into queerrats was precisely because of how visually based it was. They chose the naked molerat as the base not because of any useful characteristics, but because its physique evoked the most disgust without being threatening like a Spider. The mercy-kill was her way of acknowledging his humanity despite being biologically structured to subconsciously view him otherwise.

They decided to do it after he wrecked the Hornets. The moment they dug up decent evidence he was using cantus, they sent the exterminators.

The mistake was believing that it was a mole or rogue from the village. The exterminators literally run up to her to meet her and are all brutally disintegrated before they realize she's an "Ogre".

They can't provide anything of value to them: Their society is effectively post-scarcity. They've intentionally regressed to hone and contain their power.

There's nothing the Queerrats can do for them but kill humans and perform labor that they don't feel like using power for.

Apocrypha's soundtrack was one of the few good things about it. It doesn't really sound Romanian, but it sounds heroic. A delicious mixture of Eastern instruments and Western arrangements - and since the heroes come from all over the world this is logical.

How did it feel getting fucking rekt by a rat? I was laughing as all of you "gods" died

This.