Date A Live

Volume 18
“Hey……this time for sure, we will always be together, Shin”
In front of Itsuka Shidou, the spirit of origin finally appeared----Takamiya Mio, the largest and worst disaster in human history. In order to stop the strongest spirit, Tohka and the others challenged her to a fight but…
“……Bring it on, my cute----daughters”
They are defeated one after another by Mio’s overwhelming power. Within the battlefield ruled by despair Shidou once again also confronts Westcott, the source of spirits’ conflict. The clashing pure emotions and the intersecting past and future. In order to grasp the sliver of hope, let’s begin the war that marks the beginning of the end.

Tohka a best.

I'm pretty hyped. Reine looks gorgeous!

Does anyone have user's translation on vol 17?

I'm getting a hard on for this

>“……Bring it on, my cute----daughters”
> let’s begin the war that marks the beginning of the end.
Hell yeah, hyped. I hope Kotori will throw down a variant version of her catchphrase to mark the beginning of the final deito/sensou.

Mio is a goddess

>That teddy bear on her belt
C-cute

It's the same one she got from Shidou. It's nice they integrated it in the design.

I see she gets the traditional Mediterranean wear. Pretty noice.

HOLY SHIT.

truly, REINE A BEST

Bunch of idiots think she looks like fucking Rinne.
Does she look like Rinne to you guys, or at least Ruler? Cause I don't see it.

That's literally what she is.

>The anime will never get to this point.

This is exactly what I expected for the cover. Man, Tsunako outdid herself on this one. Looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see more of Mio.
feels terrible man

Well, the basic concept for their designs is similar. Appearance of a goddess with a light color-scheme wearing a long dress with gold ornaments.

The actual cover of the book actually shows more than that. It appears that Mio has the Ains above her head or something, just like Origami's crown.

Except one of them is monochrome with traditional Greek garb and the other has two colors and more regal.

Did Tsunako suceed in making Mio seem a goddess?

Is she somehow related to Shidou?

>Takamiya Mio
Nevermind I just read that Shidou was inside her womb which leads me to several questions.

1)Couldn't she think of any other way to make him be her eternal lover?

2)Anyone else here thinks the part of her putting him in her womb hot?

3)DOESN'T THIS MAKE THEIR LOVE LIKE INCEST??

Yes, but that's not where I'm getting at. They may have similar themes in their design, but they don't look alike.

I saw that, and I'm very intrigued about it.
She needed to give birth to him in order to grant him the power of sealing spirits, which he was supposed to use to collect the fragments of Mio's power stored in each of the spirits he encounters. She couldn't just give him all the powers at the same time, because his human body wouldn't survive it.
As for the incest part...well, they're not blood related, right? They're not even human.

No one is saying the look the same. But if you compare Mio to Yoshino and then compare her to Rinne, one of them looks much more similar, even if there are great differences in their designs.

>You'll never have a goddess protect you for 30 years.

But she literally gave birth to him, maybe his flesh and blood are hers. How come they are blood related. And another question, what about his "real" sister??

She just gave birth to the same person but with the power to seal the spirits.

Mana, Shido's sister, was captured by the DEM, who wiped out her memories and modified her body with great amounts of magic energy, which stopped her from aging. This means that even though she looks and acts 14, she's actually 40-something years old.

What if Reine was just a clone, user?

Is that one user that did volume 17 with google translate, gonna do this volume as well?

Yes I am. Won't be as fast as I did 17 though.

Mana doesn't know that herself does she?

THE STRONGEST

>> 169165312
Obviously.
>> 169169249
I love all these pictures, even the poop one.

Thank you, user.

Oh shit, meant to

Don't know if she knows the truth about her body, but she is aware of her past with Shido and Mio.

Is this finally happening?

No.

Westcott is far from being the main villain, at this point he is just Elliot's nemesis.

date a mama

But looks like Shidou will fight Westcott from what the synopsis tells us.

So next volume is the last one right?

Probably to ask about who Mio is or just to gather information. Shidou doesn't gain anything from fighting Westcott when the girls are being completely destroyed, besides I doubt he would be strong enough to defeat someone who has an inverse crystal.

I didn't expect she would be smilling. I though she would have a melancholic expression like Origami had in her covers.

He has Michael, he's pretty strong himself with concept manipulation.

She's reunited with her lover, i'd think she'd be more than happy to smile like that

She's happy she will be together with Shidou.

>He has Michael, he's pretty strong himself with concept manipulation.
which is likely to be very limited in what he can do just like the rest of his powers whereas Westcott doesn't have much trouble using his power in any way he wants. Unless Shidou learns to use one of those combat suits to enhance his powers I doubt he stands a chance.

>combat suits
He's not a Wizard unlike Origami. Westcott, despite not being affected by the spirit power, is pretty weak as well, Shidou has already faced Belzebud before when Nia went inverse and he did well in my opinion. Now with a slightly better control over his powers, he could stand his ground agaisnt Westcott.

But Westcott is literally omniscient with his power, he can predict any of Shidou's actions. He can also summon more Nibecolns to the fight ans Shidou won't have enough time to seal all of them without Kurumi's help.

Pretty much anyone can use those suits as long as the person is skilled enough, Shidou with the spirits powers would be more than capable to use one of those and his previous "fight" with Westcott wasn't even a direct one with Westcott not even revealing his true powers.

Can't he use Natsumi's to transform Westcott into a slug or something?

Can't Shidou use Haniel to copy Westcott's demon king? He probably can I suppose.

Even if he could do that, Westcott can still predict his actions and counter them, also it seems like the person rettains his/her power even when transformed like it was with Ellen's case when Natsumi turned her into a child.

I doubt Westcott would let him have the chance to do that.

He can but remember that the replicas are weaker than the original so he would still be outmatched. Shidou will have to use every single power at his disposal just to stand a chance but we still don't know if Beelzebub has offensive capacities or not.

Shidou still has many abilities at his disposal so I'd say it's pretty even.

Yeah but given the circumstances it doesn't sound like she is in a very good situation with Shidou opposing her.

Abilities whose powers are very limited. You can give him thousands of different abilities but if he still at level 1, he won't do much to someone who is like 10 levels above him.

Can't be helped, it's a everyone vs everyone at this point. Shidou has been taking care of the Spirits for nearly a year now so he's grown fond of them, seeing them get hurt won't be pleasant for him, just like the Spirits don't like it when Shidou gets hurt too.

Shidou might stand a chance if it turns out that Beelzebub is like Gabriel and it is not an offensive type angel like Metatron or Sandalphon.

If we're gonna go by Rinne's circumstances if we assume she's a representation of Mio's mindset
She's happy with anything he wants as his happiness is her way of life

They can still be sueful if used in the right way.

most precious

That is why I expected or sad or troubled expression for the cover. Mio/Reine is in a bad spot right now, she can't let Shidou seal the power inside the crystal otherwise he will change the past but if she doesn't let him get the power her plan will never be fulfilled.

But what can he do with the already limited powers he has? Even if he had something in mind, he must kill Westcott if he wants to stop him for good and that is something that not even a young Elliot managed to do.

Beelzebub isn't an offensive type as far as I know. The user can simply summon things, change reality and read ahead of time, but they never engage in close combat unlike Tohka Origami or Ellen.

Can't he actually manifest the angels physically at this point? He manifested Haniel and Michael post vol17.

We still haven't seen Westcott using it in direct combat so he could still have some unknow abilities.

Tama-sensei deserves some love too.

She already found a partner though.

Who knows what might be going on in that head of hers. She's done all of that during 30 years so it might have affected her in one way or another.

She has Kannazuki

She found it at last.

Yeah but Sandalphon, Metatron and maybe Michael seem to be his strongest offensive type angels but he is still limited in what he can do but considering how powerful Michael is, he might have a chance to defeat Westcott if he manages to use 1/10 of its power.

God dammit I'm looking forward tothis volume, ever since we got vol.14, it's only gotten better and better. Maybe Shidou won't be able to beat him 1 vs 1 but maybe he gets help from someone. Maybe Artemesia?

post manas

Why is she calling them daugthers? She just gave them crystals, if anything Shidou would be his son since she gave birth to him.

Doesn't matter how many times I see that suit, it still looks bad. Why not just give her an upgrade and make her look like one of her early desgins? She looks even better in those.

None of them are related to her biologically, just her powers that are scattered and everyone happens to have portions of it.

That's a cute Reine

So this we be the second to last Volume?

But why call them daughters? She just met them when they needed power if what Nia said about all them being human was true.

...you're looking too deep into this. Of course they're not her actual daughters, but in a way they were reborn as spirits with Mio's power.

So what is going to happen to her? Shidou still doesn't know about her condition and we are pretty much in the last arc.

That's what people are assuming.

They just became spirits, they weren't reborn as ones. Shidou on the other hand was pretty much created by Mio, this Shidou at least.

Don't look too much into it, it's just her way of saying their powers belong to her thus they are her "daughters".

I know about that but it feels weird that she considers the spirits daughters but doesn't see Shidou as one.

When you see old men calling random kids on the street "son", they don't actually mean "HEY I'M YOUR FATHER".

I'm glad I got into this series.

But spirits aren't some random girls she is calling daughters just because and if we take DAB in consideration, she has killed plenty of her "daughters" so far.

So the real antagonist is Mio, right?

Tachibana will resolve eveeything in the last volume. I would even say that Mio is going to save Mana considering how powerful she is.

No shut up they are one and the same I will have my cake/MILF end!

If Mio couldn't save Shidou in the past whar makes you think she can save Mana? It took her like 1 decade to "revive" Shidou.

You mean the fact it's supposed to be a wolf, but ends up looking more like a penguin?

The difference is that the original Shidou dies so there was nothing she could do to prevent it whereas Mana is still alive an can be saved in some way.