Only GOAT Ghibli movies

Pic related.

WOTH aka the best Ghibli movie.

>When the only good Italian is literally a pig

Better a pig then a fascist.

Good film on technical level, but there are still many elements that piss me off, or seem flawed. Doesn't deserve GOAT status.

Enjoyably movie, but it does nothing to truly elevate itself to must-watch tier.

Insufferable movie, just like Nausicaa. Still worthwhile on a technical level, as is everything by Miyazaki.

I'm going to be a double contrarian and say that Spirited Away is the best one. I would also suggest that Grave of the Fireflies is truly the GOAT option, but lots of people want to bitch at that movie now.

>Insufferable movie, just like Nausicaa.
Mfw those are two of my favorites. But maybe they speak to me cuz I'm a enivromentalistfag, idk.

Spirited Away is just solid in every way. A lot of Ghibli movies, I feel, just have a sort of "something" missing that Spirited Away doesn't lack.

If I spent more time thinking about it I could put my finger on it but I'm too busy scratching my nuts while shitposting.

Castle in the Sky doesn't get enough love.

What about this bad boy then? Isn't it hugely underrated? It's blissful to watch, truly a work of fantasy and creativity. I got shocked the first time I saw it.

Spirited Away IS fantastic and probably his best. It's extremely tight. I've rewatched it probably ten times over the years and different scenes each viewing get me glassy eyed for different reasons.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that When Marnie was There will become a cult classic, but currently is unpopular due to it having completely gone under the radar of most people in Japan and the west.

It would be harder to find bad Ghibli movies than GOAT ones. Pic absolutely not related to bad ones of course.

It is Takahata's worst

>Not knowing the difference between a GOAT and a PIG
>Implying I don't know what GOAT means and am unironically referring to GOAT as a GOAT.

it's shit
MAAA KNEEEEEE

Worse than Grave of the Imperial Japan Apologia? Impossible.

Grave of the Fireflies acknowledges that Japan invaded China; that alone makes it more honest than most anime

The Wind Rises also acknowledges it.

Since when is it important that anime acknowledges wartime atrocities that happened 75+ years ago?

It doesn't mention any atrocities, just that there was a war at all. A lot of Japanese World War II movies pretend the war started in 1944 when the Americans starting bombing Japan for no specific reason

Those are movies, user.
They were made for entertainment purposes. Nobody is pretending that stuff didn't happen when it's written in history books, recorded in photos, and retold by first hand witnesses.

Are there any anime that take place in China during World War II? I can only think of Raiyantsuuri no Uta and Senkou no Night Raid and neither really qualify

The actual GOAT

Oh yes is does. Every single thing Miyazaki has done gets international and continued love.