Thoughts on Noein?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OAVnOz7i-JA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No way in

Technobable: the anime.

Best boy.

I like it quite a lot.

Forgot image. How can a character be insanely good? Like the dude is bloodthirsty and psychotic, but also caring and protective.

I really like Noein's animation and style.

This is like the missing link between Evangelion and Steins:gate. Assimilation plot meets infinite worldlines time travel.

The sol parts were the weakest part of the show. It took a good 12 episodes to warm up. The latter half was really great though. The animation was somehow both amazing and mediocre. 8/10.

I listen to it's soundtrack to this day.
But i hardly rembeber anything about it besides bits of selfcucking

Why were russian orthodox crosses in this anime?

There really were some really interesting style changes here and there.

I watched it dubbed. It had a great performance by Crispin Freeman. But the fact that there were characters called Yuu and Ai in this, made some of the dialogue really funny ("you are yuu" for example). Cracked me up every time, because I was reminded of this scene:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OAVnOz7i-JA

I think it has something to do with Creece. IIRC Noein is a Creek word.

Wish we got more future Haruka, that "calling" scene was chilling and good.

It's a great show, with a lot of great ideas in writing and animation.
Very underrated.

I remember liking it but never finished it when it ran on Animondays on the sci-fi channel.

I always tell myself I'll buy the DVD and watch it straight.

Good friends, good slappers.

He was cool.

I don't like how this director does action. He sacrifices detail for motion. And while the motion looks damn fine, the characters look like pencil sketches. Same with Birdy tv show.

It was a strange but overall good show. It felt bizarre how the normal world would change so much in ~15 years, but in a good way where the mystery dragged you in. It had good character writing too, and that was probably even the biggest positive it had that made the whole thing work.

>The sol parts were the weakest part of the show. It took a good 12 episodes to warm up.

I disagree. Those episodes were important to build up the characters, which was crucial once we saw how much their future selves had changed and in what ways they had stayed the same. The arc with the mother was probably the most important in the long term of the show as well, and overall that SoL stuff gave added weight to the despair trap (and escaping it) near the finale.

The show was solid overall. It did get kind of QUALITY though, even if certain episodes (ex: 12) could really raise the bar. Aside from that, my only complaints are that this dude's teleport amnesia felt a bit too convenient, even if it did sort of let us start to see how he wound up crazed by the start of the show, and the pink-haired woman was REALLY like what the eccentric girl would have been like grown up but actually wasn't her.

It needed way more Fukuro

Was tobi a boy or a girl?

Overall I'd say I liked it, but I probably wouldn't watch it again and

Trying too hard to be deep without any significant plot or substance

KARASU

A girl. Also, her English VA was Rose from Metal Gear Solid 2.

Noein is excellent.

These two were the best. The episode with the glance into the timeline where main heroine actually does die and everyone's lives go to shit was the best.

A Hakodate landmark.
This show made me want to visit Hakodate someday.