Dr. Stone

No Dr. Stone thread?
The entire chapter of based Gen being based. Why is he such a best boy?

SUPERIOR
JAPANESE
BLADES

>Japanese swords, the strongest blades in the world
>strongest
Someone post that gif

>japanese swords the strongest blades in the worlds
>so this is the power of glasses
You can't get more meme than this page.

Gen a CUTE!

...or is he?

Laughed so hard at the "jap swords are the strongest blades in the world".
Well it isnt a wrong statement given the place they are in,but calling this stuff "strong" by any stretch if you live in a modern time is just beyond retarded.

Esto es el fin, La Lanza Hueca!

>scientific genius
>believes that Nipp swords are the best in the world

The whole SUPERIOR NIPPON STEEL shit is retarded. Thankfully, Gen saved this chapter.

A friend of mine is really trying to get me to read this, can someone give me some kind of motivation or convince me as to why I should?

How would a popularity poll of this series look like? I think Senkuu and Kohaku are guaranteed top-2, but I'm not sure if Gen or Chrome or Ginrou would be third.

You have no life, a lot of free time and reading 20+ chapters to form an opinion should not take long.

>
Every time.

Based Gen.

Best page.

To be fair, the long sword has more mass than a japanese sword. If both sword has the same mass, the japanese sword will win.

what was the logic behind that spear thing? Does the bamboo tube accelerate the spear or some other bullshit? Is it even real?

It's likely a calculated move by the writer to sucker in katana fans.

I mean, expending time and effort to make multiple katanas when the same amount of iron can arm the entire village with spears and crossbows.

I mean, currently they are.

>The cutting edge is hard, while the spine remains supple
It's time to post this again

D-DELETE THIS!

Works like a shotgun.

I'm curious what Hyouga will do now. Will he become part of the Kingdom of Science? Or does he have some ace up his sleeve

Maybe he also wants Cola.

Too fucking based.

What about Ramen?

Senkuu, you goddamn dumbass. It would have been better to say that in fighting light armored opponents, Jap blades are the strongest. Goddamn it, they are even slicing through solid stone! Are katanas made with good material and modern technique that good?

>>better to say that in fighting light armored opponents, Jap blades are the strongest
You can say the same thing for just about most edged weapons

Many stone weapons tend to use stones that easily flake, like obsidian.
So yeah, a metal blade (even a crappy one) could definitely cut through a stone spear or axe.

No, Katana's are among the weakest weapons strength wise. They break and chip very easily. There's plenty of videos of English/Viking longswords just obliterating a Katana.

The reason that they are looked at as if they are such a "masterpiece" is because the process to make them is actually extremely complicated and it takes very little iron to make them. That's the reason Japan has katana's compared to what is basically a variant of a broadsword everywhere else, the iron in Japan is incredibly shitty and there's not a lot of it. So the Japanese found a way to make something decent out of dog shit materials.

God I love this motherfucker

If it's a relatively soft stone perhaps.

this is true

>It would have been better to say that in fighting light armored opponents, Jap blades are the strongest.

That wouldn't be true though, in that case Obsidian weapons like what the Aztecs used would be best, Obsidian edges can get to litterally, unrionically be a single molecule thick, it's the closest you can get irl to "folded 1000 times" meme tier sharp.

The disadvantage is that it's more brittle then metal, but not as brittle as people meme it to be and the Aztecs and other Mesoamerican cultures work around this since the blades were attaced to giant ass wooden clubs that would still be alble to break bones even with the blades being broken,

On that note, this is why the "oh no they have better weapons we got to retreat" shit from the chapter is dumb: Numbers and logistics/supplies matters WAY more then weapon quality. Despite the fact the Mesoamericans were used wooden and stone weapons against steel armor, swords, and guns, the Spanish were still at a huge disadvantage initially simple because they were a small force in foreign, unkown territory, without much supplies or anyplace to retreat to, against a region full of actual states with full organizes armies, with proper supply lines that actually had established cities (contrary to what popular media shows pretty much every culture in the region was urban and had state sociies; simple tribal societies were in an extreme minority and were only in the bumfuck nowhere jungle between the remaining Maya states that were still around after the Maya collapse a few hundred years earlier, and way up north by the deserts.)

>Despite the fact the Mesoamericans were used wooden and stone weapons against steel armor, swords, and guns, the Spanish were still at a huge disadvantage initially

I say initially, because eventually they were able to get various city-states to ally with them, which negated their numerical/logistical disadvantage

>litterally, unrionically
This is getting ridiculous. At least stick to one fad emphasis word if you wanna type like a retard.

The author conveniently overlooks the fact that Japanese steel is made from garbage ore, thus the need to fold it a billion times.

So what's gonna happen next? Is it a total victory, or Hyouga still have some shonen bullshit up his sleeves?

Why do you value our opinion more than that of a friend who probably knows you and your tastes?

I was enjoying Dr Stone, but this katana shit is making me REALLY want to drop it.

DUDE I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE!

The whole family tree irritated me for some reason.

Well it's always good to get more than just one opinon on a matter but you might be right.

Power through for Gen

Same. Katanas I don't mind, but that one was bullshit.

Shaft is made out of bamboo so it sways more and apparently makes it harder to predict where the stab will hit.

He did just make the only swords in the entire world. So he's not wrong.

It's all too convienant.

The mangaka needs to focus on Origin. He also needs to work on his bad habit of same face.

Except Boichi doesn't write Dr.Stone.

Shut up spic history teacher
>it's more brittle then metal
>but not as brittle as people meme it to be
Literally irrelevant what people meme it to be. If you know it's more brittle than metal and they can use metal, why wouldn't they use metal? Metal can be forged. You can't forge obsidian. It's like glass shards, you can only break them into small pieces and hope it's sharp.
>Numbers and logistics/supplies matters WAY more then weapon quality.
How many fucking fighters were there in that scene? 4 good guys vs 6 or 7 bad guys at max. Mesoamericans were in the thousands against maybe 100 Spanish crewmembers.
>in foreign, unkown territory, without much supplies or anyplace to retreat to
Yes. The protagonists' village was a few feet away from them, and more importantly they've lived in this stone age enviroment for years. The bad guys were JUST revived and are in a foreign, unknown territory.

Why do you care that much? Convenient or not, it hardly matters at the end of the day.

Byakuya not being Senkuu's real father was such a bullshit I almost screamed.

C-cute

Okay, he draws it. Still needs to work on his same face.

Because it takes away the possibility of someone on the surface surviving and it's way too deus ex machina.

Someone surviving on the surface would be even worse. Imagine if 7 billion people got fucked and only a few lived. The chance of that happening is 0.000000001%

Yes, specially when they look exactly the same: eyes, mouth, nose, etc.

Exactly. It could set off a whole why did person x and y survive arc.

Hello Boichi.

NIPPON NO KATANA GA SEKAI ICHI

Man, remember when B;each got made fun of because Ishida said he looked nothing like Ichigo while having the exact same face? And then it turned out that he actually was somewhat related?

Absolute Mad man

>its the obsidian fag
I have seen you in so many fucking threads

>this page
NOW THIS IS MEMEING

I love this guy. Even if this becomes a shitty battle manga, I'll follow it just for him.

>horse decapitation
Macuahuitls are overpowered. It loses to Katana in weight though, so Katana has advantage in speed. Still though, I refuse to believe the horse thing is real, this thing is far too lightweight for that amount of slice

Is Taiju going to be an enemy next time they see him? I know Senku asked him to spy on Tsukasa, but do you think he actually came around to see things his way or is he still on Team Science?

Why is everyone mad about the swords? Senkuu knlws he's facing a literal army of chuuni fucks. Why wouldnt he make GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL to get every psychological advantage he can?

Its fucking stupid because cavemen woildnt know what a Katana was you dumb fuck

>Kohaku
My blade is ready

I knew you fags would get mad over the katanas and ignore these facts
>They are still in Japan
>And japan has shit ore
Katanas do are the best swords you can make in japan with the shit ore there is, you can't make any decent western sword with their shit ore.

user, you do remember the thugs are 2017 people that got unstoned, right?

He's a scientific genius, not an expert on weapons.

At least I hope that's how this works. It's kind of annoying when geniuses are shown to be good at everything in fiction when in reality, they tend to be heavily specialized. Even Alan Turing wasn't exactly brilliant when it came to fixing his bike chain.

That guy looks like he's stepping on air

How can anyone in this world not like Gen?

I hope he dies. The story is way better without him

frankly, I expect a reveal that Senku did hype the katana to rise the moral of his allies.
It is also possible he did mean it's the best in the world "within the limited time we have to make effective weapons"

>story literally carried by Senku and Gen.

Hes clearly also doing it to intimidate Tsukasas army of teenage edgelords. You really think they wouldnt think Katanas were the dopest shit?

His specialty is actually staffs.

I love Gen

Oh come on

Goddamn I love this guy

>So much buttblasted burgers replies
Seriously laughing at you guys.
How pathetic can you be?