Nina

Who else wants to hold her in their arms?

20th Century Boys anime by Madhouse fucking WHEN?

jesus fuck no
20th Century Boys is one of the most disappointing mangas ever. So much potential and then it wanders longer than Monster ever did and becomes a huge clusterfuck where it just drops half its cast and the ending is so fucking bad with no resolution. It's like all the problems with Monster compounded.

Yeah the ending was a trainwreck but I still would enjoy seeing it animated. Then again watching it weekly could be potentially painful so I'd probably hold off until I could marathon the whole thing.

It's not even just the ending. There's so much about 20th Century Boys that's so incredibly shitty and I think people just kinda forgot. Like when the timeskip happens all the characters, who were interesting and promising and natural, are thrown out for Kanna who's basically Jesus. The whole plot revolves around her to an insane degree and then she turns out to be completely pointless in the grand scheme of things because they bring back Kenji but then completely changed his character so he's some weird beatnik version of himself, essentially a totally different guy.

I remember Monster got a lot of shit because there were detours from Tenma but at least Tenma stayed the same man fundamentally throughout the story and most of the characters introduced played SOME role. In 20th Century Boys MOST of them play NO role. He also just recycles dudes like Chou is Jan Suk from Monster but he's even less interesting and totally fucking useless.

There's so much cop-out shit in the timeskip portion of the manga even before it devolves into full on shitshow with 21st Century Boys. Seriously, what a waste of potential.

I do

bumping your thread
I do love the fist half of 20th CB but while I think the 2nd half is still good the drop in quality is very visible
Would you rather fuck Kanna or Anna?

I want to rape her, videotape it and make Johan see the videos just to see how he would react.

>Anna
>cute and gentle girl with her life on track before everything got all fucked up
>Kanna
>irritating as fuck whiny messiah

Come on son

I like Kanna's tomboy aspect and she's definitely very cute
He would murder you

I think 20th's worst mistake(though there are loads of them) is replacing Fukubei with Katsumata. I understand the author want to turn "Friend" into an idea/symbol of destruction that sustain even after the original's death, at least in the beginning, but toward the ending he focus too much on Katsumata's shitty badge revenge drama that was obviously conceived shortly just before the actual chapter and tried to make him Kenji's opposite/nemesis/vegeta while Fukubei did much better job without forcing it on our throat (with him using lie and manipulation to gain his "friends" while Kenji gain it through being a decent and sincere person).

Katsumata was also extremely uncharismatic and uninteresting. Pretty much whenever he said anything or the plot dealt with him I thought "who fucking cares?" Same thing with every character getting shoved on the backburner when Kanna showed up. Remember when people assumed Yukiji would do something? Anything?

I also hate how all he did was piggybacking on Fukubei's achievement but the author treat him like he was a bigger deal, especially in 21st century boys (him somehow prophesying Yamane will kill Fukubei, detective Yama got too scared to read about his identity while having no problem reading Fukubei's).
Funny how even actually competent/interesting members of friend's inner circle (Manjome, No.13, Yama) realized how shitty Katz was and bailed out, while 2 dumb bitches(the nurse/prostitute and the dyke) stayed loyal to him.
In fact I still think his character could actually work, like having him as a person whose identity and self-esteem was crushed to dust since his childhood and now could only live as Fukubei's shadow (in 20th century's later volumes still have him trying to ponder what Fukubei would do and has little rooftop flashback about his feeling of meaninglessness and unneeded) The introduction of badge drama is the part where everything went down the drain.
And yeah, Yukiji was pretty pointless character compared to other teammates aside from being the love-interest/Kana's adoptive mother. So much for her action girl trait.

I remember when 20th Century Boys was running I shat all over this manga saying how Kanna sucked and the story was wandering lost and retarded, and everybody on Sup Forums just said I had shit taste over and over again.
I feel vindicated.

No, Nina was just about the worst part about Monster

The worst part of Monster was how Johan was somehow involved in three ubermensch programs.

She was the usual Urasawa Mary-Sue teen waifu but she wasn't that bad.
The worst part I think is the Lotte's episode. That love drama came out of nowhere and was pointless in narration, as well as making Karl look like a dick (or maybe that was his true nature? He didn't seem to care about his foster parents he had recently agreed to take their family name after his millionare father accepted him after all).

I'm half-way through Billy Bat. Please tell me it doesn't drop the ball the same way Monster and Boys did, becaise so far it's a wild ride that somehow manages to make more sense than the other two.

Oh boy

Did black dude and not-walt-Disney's daughter got together? I only care about that.

I was about to call you out on your bullshit because I didn't think the dates lined up, but I guess it was technically possible?

Were scanlation groups really right on top of this series even in 2006? I remember I read all of it in 2008 or so.

The first half of 20CB is one of the best things I've read in any manga. An anime would be worth it just for it.

I don't know how on top of it they were but I was reading it when only the first few volumes were scanlated and people were going "whoa this is so fucking amazing so much better than Monster GOAT" and when grown up Kanna was revealed people were excited for what direction it'd go in. I started shitting on the series for how bad the second part was but people kept going OMG Kanna muh waifu and HOLY SHIT GUYS KENJI'S BACK and trying to keep defending it. I wasn't around when 21st Century Boys came out but I hope that killed all but the dumbest diehard fanboys.

Billy Bat's probably the most fun I've had reading an Urasawa manga.
The ride truly was wild.

I have to know, does he drop the ball?

This.

>I have to know, does he drop the ball?
Can you imagine somebody halfway through Monty Python's The Meaning of Life turning to you and asking that question? What do you want from us dude

user who asked that question first here, it's just such a great read I'd like to prepare myself mentally if it ends up in Urasawa's usual fashion.
Am I seeing it right and there's no official english volume release?

Yes.
Lucky guy I wish I was on Sup Forums back then

I don't know what kind of revelation you were expecting from a cartoon bat