how can other isekais even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looking_Backward
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You forgot one:

>no balls to raw dog his horny cat-girl slave

You are supposed to rail waifus, not slaves

Harem of slave girls beats waifu.

These isekai threads are so fast now I can't even keep up with it. It wasn't this bad a month ago jesus

Embrace it.

I love the fact he was stupidly overpowered even in his home world and all being isekai'd did was to give him the token skill steal cheat and enable his murderhobo tendencies as in his homeworld he couldn't quite go around killing people for exp and money.

With all those mango and anime adaptations lately, looks like we have reached peak isekai.

I can't wait for isekai to crash so we can move on to another stupid trend.

By not being total garbage. Also, MC has shit taste.

>Wanting to be a slave.

The status of isekai. Not only slavery isn't frowned upon and accepted like normal shit, some people actually want to be slaves?

VRMMO supposed to be the new stupid trend after SAO but for some reason it didn't pick up. I wonder why. May be SAO is so universal hated that studios didn't want to risk it while the fags in this thread seem to enjoy their trillions of OP yet betacuck MC.

Isekai will never go out of style until society is less shit. Everybody wishes they were in a fantasy land of magic and swords, but because modern people are lazy, they are not prepared to leave behind modern conveniences and sensibilities. The end result is the market gets flooded by Isekai stories with overpowered and/or cheat protagonists who can just magic up whatever the fuck is needed at any given time. We all know they are terrible, poorly written trash, but they end up being popular anyway.

Honestly, I think as long as they do away with the harem bullshit and the overused cliches, the Isekai genre as a whole can take a step forward and improve. Harems should stick to ecchi stories; normal Isekai should just stick to 1 or 2 core women and give them deeper character development, instead of just throwing them at the MC in chapter 2.

Yo, make the op faraway paladin related next time if you can lad

How do you guys even stomach the fucking game system. It killed all kind of joy or enjoyment I could get from the story, even the training part get x10 more tedious than it's normal is. Who the fuck want to read some badly written game logs. If I want that I would play some ancient RPG to torture my self more.

just don't read em, that's what i do son.

It's because lots of people like that shit in Japan. In fact, I don't mind it either. I don't mind the grinding or the stat sheets at all. The thing is, you can't go overboard with it. You need to balance that in with actual story and character development, and you have to pace the stat dumps so that you aren't being constantly bombarded with it every chapter.

What annoys me the most is that a lot of authors get lazy after a while and never bother with any of the stats after the early parts of the story, leaving the reader wondering "ok so what the fuck are his stats now, I haven't seen them in 50 chapters". Then there are the other authors who dump stats every fucking chapter or even more than once in a chapter and you just quit reading because it's hardly even a story at that point. There are some authors who like to just paste stat sheets in the afterword/author notes, that is a good strategy if you ask me.

The isekai genre wasn't this shitty back then when their number aren't great and they're not trillions of copied pasted plot. There were a few gems here and there that were actually written with some thoughts putted into it. Like 12 kingdoms, or the Son and daughter of Dragon or sth. Even Inuyasha could be counted as one. It's just that everything the otaku or fujo touched turned into piles of hotshit since the plot must pander to their taste and my god, just kill me.

Reminds me of the masive boom in time travel utopian literature in the late 19th century that was kicked off by a single book.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looking_Backward

And even today, time travel stories haven't gone out of style. So it's pretty obvious, Isekai isn't ever going to go away.

tanaka is the thinking mans isekai

>Not only slavery isn't frowned upon and accepted like normal shit
Not like that wasn't the case for millennia in our history.

kek that's interesting. But I'm sure it's just another scheme to fool the goyim back then into believing muh Utopian capitalism

Key difference being that unlike our history where slave labor was in quite the cases the pillar of development and society, isekai slavery is pretty much nonsensical in that usually nothing relies on it. Hell, slave presence often is barely relevant at all and slaves are few and used for petty things like sexual services in inns or and that's all, it doesn't help that it usually focuses in a racial group such as beastpeople with emphasis in frail waifuesque beastgirls rather than in buff and capable working men. It pretty much has no reason to exist, yet people treats it like the world would crumble if slavery is destroyed and embrace it.

Hey, that's what you get with nip education on world history

>People shitting on mainstream manga when isekai retard eat the worst the kind of garbage with their 24/7 generals.
You faggots are on the same level with DBspics

>yet people treats it like the world would crumble if slavery is destroyed and embrace it.

Not really. And of course it focuses on waifu sex slaves, why would isekai protagonists go look for buff worker types?

back to your dbs thread Sup Forums fucker, before i call the mods.

thoughts on Dungeon Seeker? and its author sakamoto666

Eh, think about it logically. A slave market in a town is catering to people with money, and those types of people naturally prefer good looking men and women, generally to be used as servants. They aren't going to put the average looking people on display; the government probably directly buys them in bulk for public works projects. But that shit is boring, so why would the author bother explaining it? Only kingdom building stories would touch upon that sort of thing.

Fair enough. I guess getting strong slaves or those skilled in a field aren't very appealing when you are a demigod with thousands of skills and maxed out stats. Gotta get the sexy ones that you won't be fucking anyway because you are allergic to pussy.

Was shield hero one of the few practical slave users? He pretty much bought Raphtalia to be his DPS rather than just because she was a cute loli with potential for waifuness.

Slavery exists to fill an economic need for cheap labor. In China, where labor was plentiful, the only legal slavery was forced labor which could be ordered by the emperor using prisoners of war, criminals, or ordinary peasants through the corvee system; also eunuchs. There was no legal private ownership of slaves, and no recognition of the right of any person other than the emperor to own another human being.

That just means Jap protagonists are massive hypocrites that only free the damn slaves after he encountered some waifu bait beastgirl and got horny. The worst thing is that these fuckers didn't even want to touch the girls or admit that they're thinking with their dick. Fucking Jap, I guess it's their culture, even when they wrote pandering shit they can't stop themselves from being hypocrites.

Unless I remember wrong, weren't most store bought isekai slaves affordable enough that a no name MC adventurer who just did a few quest could buy them?

Adventurer is a highly paid profession in most Isekai; but yeah a lot of authors are simply clueless about money, so that's just them being retarded. As long their parents keep sending otakubux they don't care about prices.

Most of the isekai with slavery that I've seen uses slavery for cheap, forced labor. Granted, I usually stay away from shit with "skill taker slave cheat" on the title.

Yeah, almost every other slave user I've read pretty much just lands himself a slave and treats them as eye candy companions.

I will just be a smart man and avoid isekai with all the shitty tropes. It took a while but I managed to find something more decent to read.
>Game system
>Harem
>Girls liking MC course "He's nice"
>Muh cheat
>Revealing that God summoned MC in fucking chapter one
>"NPCs" are dumber than MC because muh inferior technology

Isekai authors could just read about slavery in ancient Greece and Rome and it'd do fine in their shitty fantasy world. Even philosophers sold themselves to slavery to pay their debts.

That's just wrong, you can sell yourself to some rich folks in ancient China and pretty much be their slaves but with a fancier name, "servant'. They even have documents to prove that they own you and use it when trading "servant" .But yes, there is no private slave company except for state owned, cause they think it's inhuman and shit. Oh yeah I forgot about the prostitutes, they technically are slaves, owned by the brothels.

because VRMMO takes more effort. Only Sense Online actually has quite a lot of thought put into it, matched only by koreans and chinese who have LIVED mmos but want to write power fantasies.

>Only Sense Online actually has quite a lot of thought put into it
In what sense?

Do we have slaves in Medieval time? I don't remember that being a thing.
Back then when we add slavery plot point it's to show the MC from brighter point when he finally saves them. Now it's just a shitty execute to easily acquire loyal waifu.

they made the mc a cute girl(boy)

Is this Growth Cheat?

what effort?

you had serfs and that's about it, slavery was not that big iirc.

Vikings and Russians were pretty big on the slave trade but it died out as they became more and more Christian. Russians still kept taking people in their wars against Sweden from Finland to be sold as slaves to Turks in the 1600 and 1700s.

yeah I should have said Western Medieval. Well one of the good things the Chirstfag may did was to stop slavery.

The system and how it maintains balance, showing strengths AND weaknesses. By having characters other than MC that change and grow according to builds more interesting than fighter, mage, rogue.

Okay, Log Horizon counts too, I just wanted to point out that non-japs are more autistic about mechanics but they never do anything with it because power trips.

Old Man vrmmo plays it more loosely, but along the same lines.

>Well one of the good things the Chirstfag may did was to stop slavery*.

*only applies to Christians

That's ok, you just need to fucking convert. That reminds me we still didn't have any isekai in which MC works for the Church and the glory of our lord.

>MC in majority of cases directly interacts with the god(s) of the new world
>absolutely zero interest in religion

>That's ok, you just need to fucking convert
Also, not be black.

I don't see why there aren't, it's honestly a perfect match for most of them. Keeps good records, charitable, well-regarded. It's like the "adventurer guild" on steroids, but unlike such a monstrosity it isn't nonsensical.

>interacts with the god(s) of the new world
yet all the time it served as a fucking joke, reasons to get more OP or another waifu bait.
The god didn't even want him to spread his religious to more unholy masses, it's always some bullshit reason.

faraway paladin my dudes, william is preaching the good word every day for his qt goddess

I guess because Jap thinks the church is always a corrupted org.

Literally Faraway Paladin.

But still, it makes perfect sense they'd fall in with them. It should be the most useful organization around given the goals most of them have(travel, information, personal safety), and it's got a reasonable entry point as well. It really is a perfect match.

nips with their retarded view on organized religion thanks to greedy priests making people forge guns back in the day
goddamn stupid.

MC is the cutest and he/she's mai waifu/husbando. Fucking bitches try to hit on him all the time, though.

Well, it is if you look at those rich televangelist scammers. The problem is not whether they think the church is corrupt or not. Nips always have suspicions with foreign or new religious cults, not just Christian denominations, but almost never about the state and their own autocratic Imperial cult itself. Only Nintendo era Final Fantasy seemed to subtly criticize traditional Imperial cults, beliefs and society that the myth was founded upon.

I hope that the next boom after isekai is genderswap.

Well it's already happening. Too bad it's made by the same guy as Hakai me no Yuuri, so it's probably gonna be a disappointing borefest.

No, it didn't. Shield Hero had the MC go and buy the cute frail beastkin girl, who of course quickly fell in love with him and wanted to be his slave. It plays all the stupid isekai slavery stereotypes completely straight.

Slave Harem

>quickly fell in love with him
He brought her back from the brink of death, trained her and cared for her. It's a better reason to fall in love with someone than most romantic comedies, let alone isekais.

A lot of big brothel prostitutes had huge debts attached to their lives and if they were successful enough could earn their own freedom or seduce officers with heavy wallets and get bought as wives.

Shield Hero contemplates the usefulness at least, he simply couldn't afford the high level werewolf dude he actually wanted so he settled on what was the cheapest with the most potential.
Granted the cute racoon waif was set up for him to buy by the queen without him knowing so it was really the only good deal in his price range in the entire shop. He would have had to be quite the idiot not to go for her.

he cured her hyperAIDS by throwing her some fucking pizza toppings and she instantly tried to hop onto his dick(and also grew up in days, getting huge titties because eww, lolis)

He could buy either her or some crippled dude. Besides, he prefered her cause she reminded him about princess bitch and he wanted to vent his frustration on her.
Besides, later he buys slaves in bulk and proceed to powerlevel them. He is interested in efficience.

>Teach slaves to obey their masters in everything they do. Tell them to try to please their masters. They must not talk back to them. They must not steal from them. Instead, they must show that they can be trusted completely. Then they will make the teaching about God our Savior appealing in every way.
- Titus 2:9-10

Nowhere in the Old or New Testament is slavery condemned. Instead it is accepted as something normal and slaves are told to obey their masters. There's a reason that the Bible was used to support slavery in the southern US for example.

Right. Good reason, then.

It's because having the church be corrupt is seen as a clever twist. Of course it's a "twist" that's almost always used, so at this point everyone expects the human church to be secretly evil.

An evil church is convenient if the MC is an antihero or a lone wolf, since that way anyone who claims to be morally superior than him can be presented as a hypocrite. Thus a lazy author can have his edgy MC be the most moral character and never have to question his actions.

It was a lazy excuse to let the cute beast girl fall in love with the MC and volunteer to be his slave.

Because fuck having the MC approach women as equals; they should be his property so that they can never defy or reject him. But of course having the MC treat women as his cocksleeves against their will might trouble the conscience of some readers, so authors make all the slave girls love the MC and volunteer to be his slave because he doesn't beat or abuse them. Thus the MC is given willing sentient cocksleeves and everyone in the story is happy.

I'm glad iesekai is funneling all the lowest degenerates of the hobby into an easily secluded niche.

But he's not into her that way. And he earned the fat tanuki's respect regardless.

Generally I'd agree with you, but not for Shield Hero.

Your taste is shit and you disgust me.

it would be great if we could remain secluded you know, but those pesky LNs keep getting anime adaptations and those always brings digibro wannabes to the board, making those walls of text saying isekai is killing the industry and the like.

Now that sounds like a good use for slaves. What's the point of getting slaves if you aren't even going to use them to vent your sexual frustrations? One too many heroes buys slaves just because they were pretty, yet they don't eve touch them or make them work.

It also says to never enslave a fellow worshipper of God, all debts are automatically cancelled after 7 years without exception (slaves were generally debt slaves paying off money they owned to the slave owner), and that if you hit the slave they are automatically free,.
The southern US was blatant cherrypicking. While it was useful for gaining support, any attempt at logical arguments using it to support slavery fall apart under logical scrutiny. (eg if
That's why Fredrick Douglas declared that southern christianity was clearly a different religion.

95% of his slaves are killing machines, remaining 5% are proffessional craftsmen. He established highly capable and strong army and didn't need any funding.

Why is Makoto so moe?

>Gary Stu MC
>video game crap
>slaves

Instant garbage.

Which one to read next bros, Tanacuck, Faraway Paladin or Tsukia ga. Really just fishing for something long and half decent

faraway paladin

Faraway Paladin

sounds so bad

Because Tomoe took his role?

Tomoe a best.

Calm down django.

I SWEAR IF HE DOESN'T FUCKING FUCK THE DOG GIRL!

->anime s a whole
>not degenerate
Look at this pig.

Mio best. When they finally get Makoto in bed though, I expect Tomoe will be the one attacking Makoto. I don't know if she will be able to exhaust him like the one practice battle he had as a gift.

It's impossible to choose between the both of them but Tomoe is too fun.

read tanacuck if you want to keep up with isekai threads since 1/7 of the posts are cuckfags. Nobody reads Faraway paladin and if someone does suggest it, it's most like one guy samefagging shilling his gay series

I want them to find the way back to earth soon so we can get Tomoe and Mio in Japan, with Makoto trying and failing to restrain them.

>When they finally get Makoto in bed
Do you honestly think this is going to happen?

>no one reads FP
Yo.