>gets rejected by the retarded girl he's in love with
>doesn't even get best girl because she fucking dies
>shithead of a mc survives

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCK THIS SHIT!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mLKIg73pLcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KtmEWzBD-Tk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>waaaaa muh generic schoolboy self insert that I liked the most because he's generic

Every Tenjo Tenge thread, he got a lot of focus what more do you want

Kinda late to talk about this subject m8, but yeah for a long time many people just started wondering why Masataka wasn't the actual protagonist, his scenes were the few high points Tenjou Tenge even had. Still OP even if Masataka didn't win the girl he liked, he still earned some respect within the series though, he ended his track record by being the only guy around fighting against a god and being able to handle himself.

nagi is a fucking faggot manlet who nobody likes

Maya was Mitsoumi-sexual so that wouldn't have worked out anyways. What's really grating is showing that timeskip scene with Bob and then completely ignoring the rest of the cast.

>because he's generic
How so faggot?
- Masataka doesn't have random bitches latching onto him.
- Doesn't get handled power ups.
- Pure effort and skills.
- Isn't a retard around women, just believably shy and will get serious if the opponent is a woman.
- actually thinks his shit through.

A common Oh Great trait, it seems he cannot write protagonists and lead girls to be more likeable than the supporting cast.

This is one of those times where the "generic" looking character is actually the best one.

>gets rejected by the retarded girl he's in love with
Actually this is not the worst part, the fact Aya says she kinda likes him but Souichiro is the one she loves more is the fucked up part.

Just reminder fag, Masataka has 3 volume covers for himself, Nagi only has one.

Well, who cares about the rest of those losers anyway, at least Bob was cool.

The story was already ruined by that point, do you actually want to see more of what happened to the rest of the cast after that fiasco? Bob and his girlfriend were the only main characters to actually have a decent ending.

Editors probably realized he was more popular but Oh Great still couldn't get over his Nagi boner.

When I saw the focus was drifting more and more to Nagi, I just dropped it. Mind you this was back when I was buying the manga. I stopped at vol. 5 or 6, I hate Nagi and the story at the time was clearly favoring him with his bullshit demon ancestry or some nonsense. I still respected Oh Great so when I learned he made something called Air Gear, I jumped on that, but alas, I also dropped that too when it went full retard.

It seems I have a low tolerance for stupid bullshit.

>at least Bob was cool.
He ended up as a jobber though, he was only cool because his character was welcome in any scene he was in.

>Masataka doesn't have random bitches latching onto him.
Madoka
>Doesn't get handled power ups.
Nigger, he's literally a Takayanagi, you know, the branch with the most bullshit DNA of all the families.
>Pure effort and skills.
See above, Nagi had to train a lot more than Masataka because unlike him he doesn't have SHIT outside of his exorcist powers, which is also why his mom got shat on incredibly hard after losing a single arm because she relies entirely on her exorcist powers.
Unlike Masataka Nagi had to constantly deal with his own power fucking his body from the inside exactly like what happened to Mitsuomi.
Not to mention that Nagi had to deals with his own father skullfucking him from the inside.
>Isn't a retard around women
He drops spaghetti every time he's around Aya, he had to constantly think worm girl was her mother before punching her just because she was naked and never, ever realized Madoka had a crush on him because he's completely fucking dense, unlike Nagi who's actually comfortable with women and can read them well enough.
>actually thinks his shit through.
He doesn't, the only part when he doesn't behave like a complete idiot was around the last arc starting from the fight between Bob and Madoka, before that he was a chuuni counterpart to Nagi.

>Just reminder fag, Masataka has 3 volume covers for himself, Nagi only has one.

He was the better written, more flushed out and interesting character. Nagi is stupid as all fuck, not even in the like to hate type of way either. You just what him to be gone and to fuck off. If I may use One Piece as an example, Luffy is stupid, uninteresting and tedious to read just like Nagi but he still works as the MC because he is relegated to comedic relief. Meaning he spends his time in the back ground and is only brought up when he absolutely needs to. Even when Luffy is the focus, the story is still told through the eyes and experiences of his crew, as Luffy wacks the big bad. Tenjo Tenge was great at the start since Nagi was fulfilling his purpose as a blank comedic relief canvas, so that the other characters developed and drove the plot. Once he became the focus, I lost any interest I had and it seems many others did too.

FUCK Nagi and FUCK all Nagi apologists.

Nagi was pure shit.

>He was the better written, more flushed out and interesting character.
You just relate to him more because you're as beta as him.
Nagi and Masataka are parallels, they're almost exactly the same character but one is a generic shy teen while the other is the archetypical delinquent.

>Bobs gf was raped
This made me mad, she was raped and that was that, after the rapist got punched. Why even do that if it doesn't change the entire story or the characters? In retrospect, it was done merely as a shock value cause nothing substantial came from it.

So weird how the backstory is indisputably superior to the main story. Nagi was such an unlikable fucking faggot.

>Why even do that if it doesn't change the entire story or the characters?
You're even more of a nigger than Bob if you don't get that why that happened.

>You just relate to him more because you're as beta as him.

He had a reason to be involved in the story. His brother was the main bad guy, his love interest was under threat from him, he was brought up being taught martial arts and techniques, and he was thrown into situations that were out of his control. Nagi just shows up, wants to get into fights and through the power of bullshit, is some descendant of demon hunters and super powerful and his dad was a demon and he can teleport and he's 10,000 year old in secret and he can master any ability just by looking and he has access to a time machine and when he isn't around all the characters have to ask "Where's nagi??"

Whoa, I never seen so much bullshit contained in one post, how the hell do you spin the Takayanagis being some godly family with superior DNA and the Soichirous as some random family with just some powers? Selective memory is strong on you.

The Takayanagis were one of the main families in martial arts community while the Souichirous hail directly from a renowed hero shown in a flashback later and Nagi himself is the son of a powerful sorcerer, becoming a literal god because of it. Takayanagi is pure training effort as the series itself shows everyone ignored him so he had to learn shit by himself and some stuff his father finally passed down to him after Mitsuomi went rogue. Also how one girl in Madoka qualifies as "bitches latching onto him", did you erase the meaning of plural too with your selective memory? Nagi had three women show interest on him without doing anything at all.

BOMB A HEAD

Soichiro? More like Soychiro

>You're even more of a nigger than Bob if you don't get that why that happened.

Explain it to me.

>He had a reason to be involved in the story.
He had less of a reason than Nagi since Mitsuomi was just a puppet for Nagi's father.
Tenjou Tenge had protagonists for each "generation", in the beginning it was Aya, Shin and Bunshichi, then it was Masataka's turn, then it was Nagi's.
>His brother was the main bad guy
In his own part of the story, again, the villains were Shin, then Mitsuomi and then Souhaku, TT has three main arcs.
>through the power of bullshit, is some descendant of demon hunters
So is Masataka, especially since he's also directly related to the Imperial family and the strongest branch of the families, the Takayanagi.
>and super powerful and his dad was a demon and he can teleport and he's 10,000 year old in secret and he can master any ability just by looking and he has access to a time machine
All of that shit you pulled out of your ass.
>The Takayanagis were one of the main families in martial arts community
Here is how I know you stopped reading far before the Sengoku flashbacks even.
Post discarded.
That was a chapter to show how Bob really loved Chiaki because of how buttmad he gets, it was there to show how Chiaki was done with Bunshichi(remember, she was actually Bunshichi's girl before Bob came around) and how Bob, despite being a lecher actually was in love with Chiaki.

Fucking hell, you people have the reading comprehension of high schoolers at best.
Of all the things to complain about TT's horrible writing you don't get one right.

>All of that shit you pulled out of your ass.
Just like Tenjo Tenge.

Nice rebuttal nigger, at least next time put some effort in your shitposts, you're as much as a beta failure as Masataka.

we all wanted to see the katana flashback, it was a must.
then again, the mangaka abused the flashback thing, and pulled it out every time he ran out of bad guys.

Are you mad?

Tenjou Tenge has a lot of flaws, but a thing i really loved about this series, is how well the "pov character" thing works there.
btw, one of my favorite pov characters was asshat.

>So is Masataka, especially since he's also directly related to the Imperial family and the strongest branch of the families, the Takayanagi.
What the fuck does that have to do with Masataka in particular, how can your headcanon insist that this influenced Masataka's strength when much of the cast flat out said he had no talent at all, he was only average and later the same people that undermined him became surprised when Masataka started beating really strong foes. Get your head out of your ass, the series not even once states the Takayanagis passed their skills by blood, unlike the Souichirous which was explicitly stated their blood was special.

Someone should pair Oh Great with a good writer because his art is fucking sweet.

Does he currently have a manga ongoing?

this.
the guy has nice art and good ideas, but he usually get lost in his own stories, or things get out of his hands.

>So is Masataka, especially since he's also directly related to the Imperial family and the strongest branch of the families, the Takayanagi.
So? There isn't a single stance of that being used to say Masataka was gifted, hell it was quite the contrary, people thought Mitsuomi was gifted and Masataka was the average joe. I love how you think Masataka is gifted though his bloodline when the series not even once stated this, while conviently forgetting how Nagi's entire ancestry is layered out, being explicitly stated it made him special.

Biorg Trinity is his current series, he paired with a writter and the series still is shit because the writer is actually a fan of his, even adopting a similar pen name, so the story doesn't even seem it is being written by someone else because it just feels the same any Oh Grear flair.

From what I remember, Biorg's writer got prizes and stuff for some of his books. And Nisio is Nisio.

>and pulled it out every time he ran out of bad guys.
That's not really the problem, his main problem with the flashbacks is that he's absolutely inconsistent especially when it comes to some particulars, like Souhaku having somehow all of his fingers in Makiko's flashbacks.
Another problem is how he completely dropped certain characters, much like it happened with the raid before the Sengoku flashback arc where none of the characters outside of the main cast reappered at all, which is especially bad.
Not to mention absolute bullshit like Bunshichi being a descendant of Yukimura or Shojoh being completely unfazed after taking Bunshichi head on in the last arc despite her spending a lot of power to keep her Mitsuomi transformation but having Kabane job ingloriously to Susanoo after one minute.
>Get your head out of your ass, the series not even once states the Takayanagis passed their skills by blood
Except they do, speedreader, the Takayanagi are the main branch that has Susa's blood, meaning they are the one that inherited Susa's bullshit strength and potential whereas all the other families eventually developed their own abilities, which is demonstrated perfectly by Shin unlocking all chakras on Mitsuomi with him turning into an unstoppable monster in less than a year.
Why do you think the Takayanagi are the Head of one of the two wings while Souhaku is the other?
Why do you think that Souhaku of all people was a direct subordinate of Mitsuomi and Masataka's ancestor in his own time?
Because they're the family with the strongest power and potential out of all the other families, and unlike some branches like Shojoh or Kabane's families their blood has always been pure.
Masataka was second only to Maya in the Juuken club, and that's only because he was the least determined of the cast, see how when he finally grows some balls he shits all over Mitsuomi and his personal guard at the same time in the very last chapters.

He's doing the Bakemonogatari manga adaptation so that part is covered for now at least.

>Air Gear
Ringo was sexy as fuck though. Also good opening.

youtube.com/watch?v=mLKIg73pLcQ

>Except they do, speedreader,
I can't speedread through your headcanon, I have no access to it, thankfully. Not even once in the series any character owes Masataka's stenght to his ancestry and he was second in Jyuuken-bu because there literally was no one else left, Masataka had to pester Maya till she allowed him in.

>Not even once in the series any character owes Masataka's stenght to his ancestry
Yeah, sure, except all the times when they point out he's a Takayanagi, which also happens with Mitsuomi for the records, especially when their father becomes more prominent in the plot.
Or how Mitsuomi turns into the monster he is literally only because he's a Takayanagi.
Or how Mitsuomi himself and his character are there to be a foil to the other families and the use of special powers whereas the Takayanagi are the family that incarnates the essence of martial arts and pure strength instead of magic gimmicks.
>he was second in Jyuuken-bu because there literally was no one else left
So, Aya, Nagi, Bob and Sugano suddenly and conveniently do not exist anymore?
And you accuse me of having a headcanon?
How do you justify Masataka destroying Mitsuomi, Isuzu&Co. in the finale then? Especially when he didn't do literally anything for the whole manga compared to Nagi or even Bob?
Masataka can use a lot more bullshit than anyone in the cast bar Nagi himself because while Nagi's only ace in the hole is stealing other people's power(and try not to die while using them), Masataka(and Mitsuomi) miraculously learn everything, because that's their own trick.

See the difference between other branches, Isuzu was a jobber whose specific power was compressing body fat, Tetsuhito's gig was having iron skin but outside of that he was a complete shitter despite Souhaku "installing" other families' chakras in him, Makiko herself couldn't do anything outside of using her exorcist powers and even Souhaku, with 1000 years of supposed martial art experience was a shitter at actual combat.

Takayanagi's whole point, and that is stated multiple times through the manga, is that they're GENETICALLY the embodiement of the archetypical warrior, AKA Susa, the progenitor of all the families.

nagi a shit

>see how when he finally grows some balls he shits all over Mitsuomi
That is literally not what happened. At best, he was holding his own against Mitsuomi.

We know. Bunshichi a bro though.

how did bunshishi end up ? Also, why was he so strong ? Read this shit when I was young and all I remember is him jobbing againt Mitsuomi

>At best, he was holding his own against Mitsuomi.
He won against Mitsuomi fair and square after fucking up his bodyguards, there's no holding his own, he fucked him up, broke his ribcage even.
>how did bunshishi end up ?
Dead.
>why was he so strong ?
He literally just was. His ancestor was Sanada Yukimura and there's no real explanation as to why they were bullshit strong, he simply is.

>He won against Mitsuomi fair and square
After Mitsuomi just got done fighting Bunshichi and while in an already weakened condition due to his illness

>after fucking up his bodyguards
Wow, he beat a bunch of worthless jobbers. Very impressive.

Man, the fights in this show were stylish. It's a shame they were so short though.
youtube.com/watch?v=KtmEWzBD-Tk

>After Mitsuomi just got done fighting Bunshichi
Excuse me? Shojoh fought Bunshichi, Mitsuomi's "fight" with Bunshichi was a single punch when Bunshichi was already half dead.
>Very impressive.
So did Bunshichi in the whole series, either he jobbed to Shin or Mitsuomi or disposed of a few jobbers and cars until he died, and he still was one of the strongest fighters around.
Unless you want to deny this too, in which case be my guest.

we don't even know the true extent of Bunshishi power thought

Well, if Ogure wasn't a hack it wouldn't be a problem.
He is hinted to be the physically strongest character in the cast, which is a notable feat since he can basically mimic a chakra power with his raw strength, and Mitsuomi's dad did say that Bunshichi would have won the fight were it not for Bunshichi caring more about saving Mitsuomi.
Keep in mind that the guy can literally trash cars and send them flying without using any power, even Mitsuomi said that Bunshichi didn't understand or need martial arts simply because he was born naturally strong, and a freak of nature.

FUUUUUUUCK

The bitches in his manga are so fucking hot!

FUUUUUUUCK