Initial D

Why they kept the romance, if it's this ham fisted and butchered from the manga? It's embarassing to watch.

GET ME POWER

self-inserting for you guys

Hey it was fucking embarrassing to watch middle schoolers tongue at recess but it's real life

After first stage it gets even worse compared to the manga in terms of that subplot, just watch the anime for the races.

>even the movie did that better
ouch!

Because she wasn't pleasing old men in the movie

>Because she wasn't pleasing old men in the movie
but she was

>ham fisted and butchered from the manga?
Kinda. They even removed a character on the anime who actually alerted Takumi about Natsuki being a thot. Said character and Miki-senpai were siblings and the childrens of Papa.

Regardless, Initial D has fucking awful romance. Takumi, Itsuki, Iketani and Kyoko got such terrible romances, I wish the author wouldn't have bothered on writing it.

>Anime about cars and driving
>let's shit out a beach episode anyway

Just watch Battle Stage if you're going to do this shit. Part of the reason why nearly everything beyond 3rd Stage is bad because it becomes "race of the week" instead of focusing on the characters themselves.
I'm convinced Shigeno thinks the only way to mine drama out of a relationship is to have it end horribly. I almost expected golf Takumi to be having an affair with a caddie or something before the show was over.

Live action or Legend? Because I was thinking of Legend.

Those episodes helped the show to be entertaining and make the characters more likeable, while making it feel more juvenile (you know, fitting the age of all of them). Do you know what happened when the author decided to remove those "fillers" and make the show only about cars and driving? We got Fourth, Fifth and Final Stage. Easily the most boring parts of the series, becoming stale as fuck. Shinji vs Takumi felt pretty much like a "thank god this is over".

Sometimes I believe Shigeno himself had bad luck in romance, hence the awful moments on the manga. I have little hopes on that on his new manga.

Yeah Shigeno is divorced.

Oops, I was thinking about the HK Live action movie.

>Those episodes helped the show to be entertaining and make the characters more likeable,
ha?
>? We got Fourth, Fifth and Final Stage. Easily the most boring parts of the series, becoming stale as fuck. Shinji vs Takumi felt pretty much like a "thank god this is over".
He should have taken a few notes from Michel Vaillant.

To be honest that's better, Legend just wanted to have some basic bitch fanservice love interest while cutting Impact Blue almost completely.

>ha?
Those episodes helped to make people learn and care more about characters like Natsuki or Mako. Remove those episodes and you have a show formulaic as fuck. Not even that, you get something exactly like Fourth Stage, with characters you only see during the race and then "good ridance". Nobody wants to read a manga with such a huge amount of disposable characters.
Sega Rosso kinda helped tho, making 8 arcades based on the manga and having all of the characters returning over and over again with new bits for characterization and dialogue added with each entry. WIthout all that, I wouldn't gave a single shit about Kyoko, Kai, Nakazato, Tohru, etc etc etc.

>implying
S1 was comfy as fuck. This is exactly why I hate anime where the S2 has only 1cour even if it's better, shit just feels empty.

Frankly said I don't even remember there being a beach episode.
Considering it plays in fucking Gunma, wouldn't an onsen episode have made more sense anyway?

Have you watched all three of them?
How?

I left the theatre mid-way through the first one.
It was simply that garbage.

>while cutting Impact Blue almost completely
Wasn't that because Legend actually follows the manga? Impact blue happens after Ryosuke on the manga, as opposite of the anime where they slapped them before, along with Kenta.

Eurobeat edition.

That's true, but they showed up briefly and advertised with Mako regardless so it pissed me off.

>Eurobeat edition.
There is one? Fan-made or official?

Fanmade. Someone called Dagumi Tofu edited the songs in, they obviously don't match as well but they're decent. They keep getting deleted so I don't have links.

At some point I figured that since there's so much difference of effort put into races/romance, the author must have been forced to do it. I imagine you can't have something mainstream without love interest and that shit, so he just complied and got over it to get to the racing part which is what he was the most passionate about. The Mako story was great though, made me lose my shit more than once.

>They keep getting deleted

How do you delete torrents/magnet links?
The movie industry would love to get some input from you, I suppose.
If it's Youtube: I keep getting recommendations for obviously unlicensed uploads that are months, if not years old. I don't think the delete-police is all too active.

Dagumi Tofu put them up on youtube and mega, and someone else later on google drive so Avex blocks or deletes them. I've already seen them so I can't be assed to look harder.