I've come to the conclusion that you are born in this millenium if you hate naruto

I've come to the conclusion that you are born in this millenium if you hate naruto.
This shit was intense in the beginning, the story just branched off because it got so popular. Look at fucking Zabuza, Gaara, Orochimaru. Top-tier villains in all of manga.

I think the anime is a little questionable with all its filler, but the manga still stands as one of my favs after reading hundreds of others.

But you really shouldn't judge people just because they don't like something you do.

nothing gets popular in a vacuum, of course naruto did things right at first. that was also, what, nearly 20 fucking years ago now.

I think it was necessary to prevent catching up.
It was still good throughout Part 2. Pain Arc was the peak of it. The story was wrapped up awfully fast though because of deadlines.

I understand yeah it was to prevent catching up but it still bothers me that random stuff was added/taken out

IMO the whole manga was fine untill the end of the Pain arc, that sudent turnaround was complete BS.

First Rescue Sasuke arc a best.

>Naruto started airing in 2003
I mean you don't have to be a genius to figure that out.
With torrents taking off and anime becoming largely available to the masses, Naruto was the anime everyone orbited to while trying to discover more anime to download, seconded by I would say was Fullmetal alchemist.
I myself started watching Naruto when It was like 20 episodes in.

Haku is a boy.

naruto is pretty fine most of the time, it just has a bad fanbase due to huge popularity

>It was still good throughout Part 2

You have shit taste. I've come to the conclusion that whether or not you like Part 2 or not hinges on how you feel about Sasuke. If you don't like Sasuke there's pretty much no reason to read Part II. The focus is that lopsided.

>It was still good throughout Part 2. Pain Arc was the peak of it.
"No!"

This.

>Pain Arc was the peak of it.

Agreed.

Konoha suffers from Mary Sue syndrome.
I mean really
>Is home to most of the main cast
>has the strongest Jinchuriki
>has op clans like the Hyuga and Uchiha
>Won every Ninja War
>Constantly shown as morally right
>Portrayed unfailingly as the good guys
>Has the Sannin
>Person from Konoha saved the world.
It is the blandest shit ever. I root for Iwa just to spite the bastard.

hyuga have the potential to be OP but never had a really great noteworthy ninja so far that we know of.
the sanin are overrated as fuck

besides that you're right

Where can I find a good translation for Naruto? I want to read it.

> Zabuza
> Chunin Exams
> Sasuke Retrieval arc

These are god-tier shonen arcs

Shame how Naruto has such a bad rep now.

>The two most broken ninja clans, that always fucking go at each other because no one else can take them, manage to get over themselves thanks to Madara and Tobirama and join forces, establishing a massively powerful military state as a base

>The world shits its collective pants at this; all the manley ninja clans realize they're fucking boned if they don't join up and establish similar nations, each eventually becoming the de-facto self-ruling military force of a land governed by a civilian government

>The upstarts occasionally try to fuck with the established Juggernaut of Uchiha+Senju, but the pairing of the two most OP clans out there has constantly made generational strides to maintain the state of their overwhelming power throughout the generations

>They win every war and produce tons of noteworthy ninja

What part of this doesn't make sense? The two greatest powers in the narutoverse created a nation of Übermensch. For all Naruto's talk of hard work making the man, that obviously ended up not being true with him coasting on Uzumaki and Hokage bloodhax - geaneology's the biggest factor when it comes to pure powerlevel.

It suffers from the same problems as Harry Potter
>All main characters exist as walking stereotypes
Kakashi is the hip sensei, Naruto is the perky, op protagonist, and Sakura is the loudmouthed girl, and Sasuke is king of edgelords. The villains are neat, but yeh
>Gryffindor Syndrome.
Konoha is never portrayed as being in the wrong. If Konoha disagrees with another village, then Konoha is always right. Konoha is the Mary Sue village like Gryfindor is a Mary Sue house. Konoha dindu nuffin. The other villages are just meanies jealous of how great Leaf is.
>The Fan base.
Ermaggerd, you don't like SASUKE?!?! HERESY.

Yeah I hated how none of the other villages had legendary ninjas outside of the kage. I can only think of the seven ninja swordsman and the two brothers from the cloud that had some nine tails.

*Hashirama

> gryffindor syndrome

but konohna shinobi killed pain's parents

It makes sense, but come on man, Konoha just screams perfection complex. It's just like Vale in RWBY. It makes sense, but it is frustrating.
>Le Heroic Kingdom of justice
>Undefeated in the Shinobi Wars
>Not once is Konoha ever shown to be in the wrong in world politics.
They are a Mary Sue Village. If anything is pro-Konoha, it is portrayed as automatically just. If another village tried to advance its interest, they are painted as Assholes. The Village is op as shit.

>All main characters exist as walking stereotypes
Maybe now, but when it started it the early 2000s?

> Konoha is never portrayed as being in the wrong.
Konoha segregated the Uchiha to a Konoha ghetto and away from the main village, because the 2nd Hokage hated them

Konoha forced Itachi to massacre his people, including women and children and innocents in general. The third Hokage was aware this was happening.

Konoha isn't always portrayed in a positive light.

> The Fan base
The bigger the fanbase, the more likely toxic people can join in

>comparing the Seven to end show Sasuke and Naruto
And the Seven were also portrayed as Assholes. Kiri was based around blood purges for fucks sake. Kiri is not aligned with Konoha, so it must be bad. Let's make them hammy villains.
It's childish.

>not in a positive light.
In relation to the other villages they sure as shit are. Name one time Konoha lost a war, or started a war. Name one time Iwa, Kumo or Kiri are shown to have any moral high ground.

I'm on episode 159 of part 1. How far downhill does it go if the series is 9.5 to me so far?

I was born in the 80's and still hate it. What do I win?

Are you going to ignore the examples I already provided?

>you are born in this millenium if you hate naruto.

Except 5 to 10 years ago on Sup Forums, every single Naruto thread got shat on, and now it's been accepted, despite how shitty it is.

So it's the opposite, if you love Naruto, it means you were born in this millennium, and are probably an underagefag

>I'm on episode 159 in Part 1

Why are any episode after episode 135 in Part 1?

Skip the Filler Hell, watch the last scene in episode 220, and go straight to Shippuden

Except the other villages are consistely shown to be worse. Again, show me where Konoha ever starts a war. Show me where they pull shit like Suna did at the exams. You can't. Because, Konoha, other than some internal stuff, is never shown to be in the wrong. Iwa is just jealous. Kiri runs on blood purges, and Kumo tried to kidnap Hinata. Seriously, show me an Example of Konoha being the aggressor. Hell, show me a war that they lost.

>Why are any episode after episode 135 in Part 1?

**Why are you WATCHING any episode after 135?

The Sand and Mist are portrayed bad too. Rock too.

Hidden Cloud not so much. Maybe even better than Konoha.

Are any of the filler episodes worth it at all?

5 to 10 years ago was the height of it's popularity. And contr/a/rians hate popular things.

Not to mention that popularity = more fans, good and bad. And the bad spoiled the whole perceived fan-base for Sup Forums

Guess that means ANBU does there jobs well if they make it seem that way, because anyone who read or payed attention knows that there was an extensive amount of bullshit being perpetrated behind closed doors

There's that one where they try to find Sasuke's whereabouts to having someone sniff him out. But Naruto accidentally farts on his headband as he goes to pick it up.
That's all I remember.

Born in the early 90s and liked Naruto somewhat as a kid but I think it was my least favorite out of One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach. Dropped it during the chuunin exam arc. Dropped Bleach during the Bount arc when I was watching its fansubs.

The focus wasn't all sasuke, everything just happened because he left. It's literally war against the akatsuki

The same konoha that had a society of konoha supremacists willing to secretly murder anyone in their way that was unethical even by the standards of a world full of ninja and caused at least one genocide?

Sand Village

They did have their whole village completely, so there's that.

Maybe a few. But I wouldn't suffer though the almost 100 episodes of filler for those few.

The best filler that come to mind are Hinata vs Bee Summoner and Curry of Life...eh not much

I will admit that it does at least give secondary characters more screentime. But in my opinion it's not worth it. It could've been done much better.

Yeah, I saw that one. If that's the only one then I guess I should just skip to 220, then.

That my point. Konoha is NEVER guilty of anything other than negligence.
Again, to summarize.
>Iwa: Sneaky Assholes who rant about the damn Tree Huggers. They are Konohas main rival, so they must be shown as asshats.
>Suna: Easily manipulated backstabbers. Also Sand.
>Kiri: blood purges are fucking awesome. Let's do that.
>Kumo: Hey, kidnapping kids for breeding stock is lit, yo.
What is moral ambiguity?

>other than negligence
They ACTIVELY segregated a sect of their own people, and actively decided to massacre every single one of them.

>ROOT
Never got to do that did They? Konoha never loses. It never starts wars. It is better than every other village in both morality and strength. It fucking leads the way against Madara. It's ridiculous.

>never loses
Who is Nagato.

>massacred every single one.
After the Uchiha were shown to be plotting a coup. It was obviously bad, sure, but they are given an out. Compare this to Kiri.
>Blood purges? Fuck yeh! For the Evil!
Iwa >Hey, Trees are stupid. Let's start 2 Shinobi Wars for the Lulz. Of course, Konoha is morally right in both occasions.

i'd recommend the last arc in part one with the sand village

Do you think ROOT never did anything other than the tiny bit of stuff we saw on panel for their entire history?
I'm pretty sure the reason Konoha never starts wars is because anything that MIGHT start one against Konoha was assassinated. That danzo fucker was using mind control in the first damn meeting. They had enough political power that the freakin Kages couldn't do anything to them. Before the real madara showed up I'm pretty sure that everything bad in the series could be traced back to Danzo in some manner.

>Fourth Shinobi War
Of course Konoha had to be the special snowflakes who led the Alliance.

Curry of Life, since it's technically canon now.

konoha was the only village that really put a tough front against akatsuki to begin with so fair's fair

>After the Uchiha were shown to be plotting a coup
Because Konoha has been treating then like shit since the 2nd Hokage, a coup was understandable

And Konoha's answer? Murder everyone, even children and the elderly

>only village to put up a tough front
Of course they were. Can't have another village stealing Konoha's thunder. God forbid.

Actually, A, the Raikage was in charge of the Alliance, since his village was the only one that didn't do business with Akatsuki.

Why is this a bad thing? They're obviously "the main village" so why do you want them to always be the bad guy?

desu you can't put the two top clans in the world who used to be each other's rivals under one roof with one leader and expect things to go peacefully

would've ended the same way irl

>Raikage led them
Well fucking well, somebody other than Konoha did something morally right for once.
If only the whole ANIME and Manga didn't suck their Dick so much.
It reminds me of Vale in RWBY.
But Vale is worse. Prbly.

>Because Konoha has been treating then like shit since the 2nd Hokage
Treating them so badly that they gave them authority of the police and their own secluded land? But because the Uchiha only operate under brain problems they first thing they did was stage a revolt instead of peace treaties

>And Konoha's answer? Murder everyone, even children and the elderly
Either than are have a clan filled with edgelords run amok across the entire country and burn everything around them

Konoha is where the main character lives, so of course you going to see that village take the spotlight.

>The Main Village.
Okay? So that means they have to be the most moral and upstanding of all Villages? They have to win every war, be right in every political battle? Being home to the protagonists=Mary Sue Faction is a trend that needs to die.
There is no ambiguity here.
If Konoha is fighting someone, they are bad.
Konoha vs Iwa= Konoha Good.
Konoha vs Suna= Konoha Good. Suna is only good when they help Konoha.
Konoha vs Kumo= Konoha Good. Kumo helped Iwa.

Answer my last question since you happened to skip that.

>Muh Main Faction
The excuse of every Mary Sue country.

Outside secluding them from the rest of the ninja clan after Madara's faggotry they left them to their own business and even made one of them chief of police, Sasuke was allowed to attend ninja school and Itachi was a high ranking ANBU respected by all his peers. A tad too extreme to stage a revolt don't you think?

>desu you can't put the two top clans in the world who used to be each other's rivals under one roof

Yeah true, let's just murder their children in their sleep then

The best part of part 2 was the other nations, especially Raikage and Killer bee

I think people are more angry that it could have been great but ended up being mediocre because of fillers and get milked. Literal definition of selling out. I don't blame them, money is money but it still hurts

My answer is that being the Main Village doesn't mean that moral ambiguity cannot exist. Instead, Konoha is always shown to be morally just in every conflict it takes place in.

they shouldn't have banded together. at least not in a situation when peace is only possible as long as hashirama is the only one who truly wants it and the only one with enough strength to enforce it

an all out civil war would've been worse

Fuck off, Naruto apologist.
>it was okay until Pain
The drop in quality was insane since Part 2 started, and even before that. Like did you notice that Naruto learned fucking nothing in two years? The timeskip as pointless. Sasuke however just outclassed Naruto and all Naruto did was freeze up and cry. The video games rectify this but it shouldn't be on a fucking video game to fix the fucking plot.

if you completely ignore the everything from the War arc they ain't that much stronger than Kumo

Ok, but you're still not answering why that's a bad thing.

>Yeah true, let's just murder their children in their sleep then
You do know that the Uchiha staged not one but two attacks on Konoha which killed thousands right? Literally every single bad incident that happened in the manga was because of the Uchiha.

>Madara's assault
>Obito unleashing the Kyuubi
>Itachi's massarce (before it was retconned)
>And Sasuke's entire arc of faggotry

Its like Kishi tried his hardest to make them unsympathetic as possible.

How many times did I type 'fucking' like an edgy 15 year old? God this series brings out the worst in me.

Eternal reminder:

Secluded an entire race cause of one douche isn't the answer

Definitely doesn't put Konoha in a positive light

>Ain't much stronger than Kumo
>What is the Third Shinobi War
>Who is the Yellow Flash
>Who is Kakashi
>Who is Hiruzen
>Who are The Sannin
>Who Is Kushina
Konoha has never lost a war. The closest they came was right before The Flash solo killed an entire army like the ultimate Mary Sue he was.

He learned a new rasengan and how to control the jinchuuriki
Sasuke was also training with Orochimaru, Jiraya's teammate

>You do know that the Uchiha staged not one but two attacks on Konoha which killed thousands right?
Of the ones you listed, only Madara happened before the Uchiha were secluded

Obito unleashing Kyuubi was during the 4th Hokage. And the few who knew who unleashed the Kyuubi assumed it was Madara (and they weren't even sure about that)

>a bad thing
The fuck?
Because it is ludicrous as shit. Do you expect me to believe that Iwa and Kumo just sit in the mountains all day, rubbing their hands plotting like Saturday morning cartoon villains? Because that is how the show handles the morality.

>wrong in world politics
What is Anbu, Danzo etc

>>Secluded an entire race cause of one douche isn't the answer
It is when your clan is a literal ticking time bomb
>Definitely doesn't put Konoha in a positive light
As it turns out they were right because they staged two attacks on them.

That's a pretty good chart, I'll agree to most of it

Naruto's entire conflict of being a loner is poorly expressed. The most you see are faceless adults who hate him and like fucking Mizuki. I can't remember any time where his status as the Nine Tailed Fox's host really got in the way of his progress. Like, was it those old people who were Sarutobi's friends that said shit about him? I dunno.
>A new Rasengan
OH A BIGGER BALL WHOOPDEEDOO
>Control the Jinchuuriki
And that's it
He didn't even learn the basics of elemental jutsus. The series is poorly planned out in that regard. He kept getting thrown into training arc after training arc.

Danzo was a bad seed. He doesn't speak for all of Konoha.

Naruto, both the manga and character, became about bringing Sasuke back and about redeeming Sasuke. Meanwhile every other clan, rookie, or bloodline limit became irrelevant.

>Of the ones you listed, only Madara happened before the Uchiha were secluded
I'm talking about the second one they planned before Itachi killed them
>Obito unleashing Kyuubi was during the 4th Hokage. And the few who knew who unleashed the Kyuubi assumed it was Madara (and they weren't even sure about that)
The uchiha were in the know about the assualt. On the same night of the Kyuubi incident Itachi saw that his parents were missing.

Even Danzo in his own extremist views thought what was best for Konoha.

>Danzo represents Konoha
Lol.
Show me a conflict where Konoha was actually in the wrong.

Why doesn't that image have Naruto having an asthma attack? That was a low in the series over how hard his Sasuke boner was. I CAN'T BELIEVE MY OBVIOUSLY EVIL FRIEND IS BEING EVIL.

Remember that time the Uchiha were said to be genetically evil and then it was never brought up again?

>training arc after training arc
You don't really expect someone to get stronger from just fighting, right? He's literally up against the akatsuki who want his fox so there HAS to be segments where he learns something like Sage Mode if he wants to compete.
Poor planning is giving him an ability like that right before pain instead of him actually training for it.

enough with the uchiha apologists, they planned to unleash the 9 tails (equal to nuking the village) long after the 2nd was gone. the 3rd belonged to sarutobi a 3rd clan that for all we know wasn't biased towards senju or uchiha. they could've negotiated they could've protested instead they decided to massacre the village because of how asshurt they were being called out on their BS

even sasuke's and itachi's parents didn't resist itachi because they knew uchiha were in the wrong

>Obito unleashing Kyuubi was during the 4th Hokage. And the few who knew who unleashed the Kyuubi assumed it was Madara (and they weren't even sure about that)
The Uchiha knew about the attack too.

I expect Jiraya to teach him the fucking basics and for Naruto to show off the cool shit he learned.
>Sakura: Oh what is Naruto doing?
>Kakashi: Well my magic bullshit eye tells me he's doing the ninja technique of XXXXXXX! He must have learned that during the two years he was away!

What you actually get is
>Sakura: What's he doing?
>Kakashi: He made a bigger fucking ball!

>Iwa, "Hey Kumo, Tree Huggers suck, right?"
>Kumo, "Yeh, fuck them."
>Iwa, "Sweet, let's start a war!"
Meanwhile
>Kiri, "BLOOOOOOD PURGES MWAHHAHAH"
Meanwhile Konoha is the shining beacon of justice and never acts out against anyone except for Morally right reasons. Suna can be portrayed as good hoping if they are sucking Leaf Dick.

He literally learned how to harness some of the nine-tail's powers.