Buyfag thread

>guide:
buyfag.moe

>the 10th is tomorrow
Holy shit.

Really want that new maki figure, but it has nico attached

pls no delay

By the way, why isn't this thread on /toy/? Why does /toy/ hate us?

I'd like to get the one from the OP but the price has skyrocketed so badly recently.
Hope they make an reissue.

Anyone would hate this thread after seeing how much crossboarding normalfags and Sup Forumsermin are in it. I swear the vast majority come to this thread from other boards just to jerk off to lewd figures.

... and I thought I'm special.

Expressly forbidden.

Scale faggots spent years degrading everything made with joints as ugly "toys" and saying how superior scales are, they don't get to turn around and say the toy faggots need to accept a scale thread after they got their own board.

When do prize figure prices settle in after market?

>no hotglue allowed
the fuck is wrong with /toy/

They don't want autistic retards shitting the place up. We should enforce that here too.

You don't even see hotglue in here because the delinquent instantly gets banned.

we do still get fags circlejerking about it even without webms.

Mods love it sometimes. I've seen threads full of webm's before. Happens rarely though.

Maybe in /gif/ but not in here.

The only people who want this thread to go to /toy/ are autistic newfags who pop in these threads saying "lol wheres the anime?"

You must not have been in these threads much in the past because I definitely recall a couple times someone came in spamming hotglue webm's. They did get banned eventually but probably got at least 20 posts in.

Gladly, I don't want to be in the same board of those joint lovers manchildren

Where do all you buyfags store boxes?

>13.8k each
Pulchra is dreaming.

"Absolutely no Japanese figurines." what? There's a Nendoroid general, a Cu-poche one and most likely a Figma general, which all features figurines made in Japan.

That is a whole lot of shit taste there.
But I keep in my closet.

Read the next sentence.

Insane. Alter keeps increasing their prices with every single new release too.
Newfags are literally killing this hobby. Manchildren who are starting out and don't have many figs yet will buy any fig because they think it's cool, not caring about the price.
This of course drives prices up for everyone else as well.

I suppose this has really become an normalfag hobby.

Closet under my stairs

Yeah I realized after pressing enter they're allowed as long as they have joints.

Everything you mentioned has joints though, you'd normally call them action figures, dolls or something similar.

>normalfag hobby
How so? I imagine most normalfags wouldn't be willing to buy and display a figure, let alone pay $100s for them.

looks weird

It's definitely more normalfag than it used to be, seeing as how the most normalfag series keep getting the most figures.

Still available and won't bin. I love Galko but the face seems a bit awkward. Not sure if it's just the camera angles or what. Does anyone have her and can attest to her quality?

THat has been true for decades now, or do you seriously think evangelion was obscure?

I have her and I like her a lot.
Nice quality and details imo.

It's the calves. Everything else kind of works but you can't have breasts, hips and thighs like that with stubby legs and those are the worst offenders.

That's a retarded assumption, i've been buying for well over 15 years now and Im still willing to pay for them, and plenty others who have actually grown with the market are doing the same since we can recall how horrible quality was not long ago

more popular != more normalfag
Your second point is just basic supply and demand, of course more popular franchises are going to get more figures as they likely have higher demand, so more money to be made by manufacturers.

Your entire post reeks of
>m-m-muh secret club!

I see what you mean but she still looks cute.

>nendo-poche

I just ordered that yesterday. $300 goddamn dollarydoos, but I justified it with the extra money I keep every month under the new tax plan. Thanks Donald, for enabling me to buy more plastic butts.

The bodies are better than poche bodies, but the pudgy nendo faces don't work with them. Nendos are designed to be the way they are.

>$300
A/B for 24k. I'm sorry user.

you're an idiot

And I ordered it from Solaris no less. I saw in the guide people have received broken "new" orders, so I'm taking a gamble.

Literally why?

Why would you not check literally anywhere else first? That 24k A/B was up yesterday.

There's even two of them available A/B for that price. Take this as a lesson learned.

Apparently it's because they want people to use the heads of their nendo to put on those bodies. It feels a bit awkward but maybe that's because we aren't used to it yet.
Sometimes Solaris has good deals but most of the time it's more expensive.

I sleep on them.

I throw them away. Seriously. Couldn't justify keeping them around.

Still not sure what to do. It's a bit tad pricey for such a simple figure, albeit cute.

Out of principles, I don't want to acknowledge Alter's new shitty price policy, so I could buy her binned if that ever happens, but even there I feel like she'd still be like 13K, and I'm taking the risk of seeing a price increase since it's the only decent fig that *actually* looks like her.

I'd go for it. Yeah, it's expensive, but generally, popular Alter figures (it's SAO so naturally it's popular) skyrocket in price after you can't buy them new on amiami etc anymore.

Even if you don't like Asuna or SAO I'd go for it because you can probably make money on it if you ever want to sell it.

Storage unit.

If you want her, buy her but don't peddle the
>m-my principles!
shit when you're asking Sup Forums to decide for you.

Her face is barely sculpted at all.
Is that really her best figure? Considering she's from a popular series, I would expect she had at least some good figures.

I know they're nendo accessories. GSC is trying to take back the slice of the pie that Koto took when they started CuPoche, but I don't think the Nendo heads on those doll bodies look good.

I'm a bit loath to buy preowned, but maybe that would have been the better route this time. Live and learn I guess.

A/B is 99.9% new. Lurk more next time.

>Her face is barely sculpted at all.
the art style just kinda has blobby faces

A/B figures are often still sealed with barely noticeable box damage. I'd trust that over Solaris any day.

I can understand that kinda extreme autism over a B item, but A is indistinguishable from factory new condition.

>often
Isn't it basically guaranteed?

Should have probably clarified that the often applied specifically to the box damage. A/x guarantees it's still sealed. You only have to start worrying if it's B/B.

I bought plenty of stuff rated B/B on AmiAmi and they were all basically factory new, with everything sealed and the figure still properly protected with plastics and whatnot. The only figure I ever had "issues" with was one rated B/C, where the box was a bit yellow and sort of moldy, but the figure was perfect.

>Item has been opened and contains signs of minor wear or damage. All parts are included.
Is still the expectation though, I wouldn't start running around saying B/B is going to be sealed.

So I want to buy a volume of light novel, which will come with a special edition that include an audio drama.
It will not come with the CD, instead it would come with a booklet that include the script and a download code.
What would be the likelihood for this special version novel with booklet available in electronic version in ebook stores?

If you say what is it and where its from someone might be able to better help you.

If you keep an eye on preowned sites you will surely find someone selling Maki only.

Most people probably only want Maki though, might be hard to find one before someone else snatches it.

Yes, I'm not implying that, but in my experience every B/B item was sealed and was seemingly never touched, and I'd say about 10 of my figures were from Amico's pre-owned section. The rating seemed to be more as a way to make sure some very minor box damage didn't also damage the figures. I still wouldn't be worried at all about anything rated B though, even if it was open, but if you are worried about that, then sticking to A should be fine.

I want them for the clothes

Oh yeah, I definitely agree with there being no problem with B items, its more the fact I've seen people here get the wrong expectations.

Märchen Mädchen Volume 4 from Shueisha DashX bunko

They would need to saw the base of the figure in half, or alternatively sell the figure without a base at all.
Why would anyone want this?

You could try going through a proxy.

My dad cut a hole in my ceiling. Now I have an attic to put them in.

The humidity is gonna ruin em

I store some empty boxes in mine but I wouldn't leave any figures there. Way too hot in the summer.

Storage unit out the city

>pic related poped up for 18k on amiami
>confirm my order at incredible hihg speed
>page takes ages to load
>item no longer available

acceptingyourdeath.jpg

All my figures are displayed. The figure boxes are put into AmiAmi shipping boxes and then sealed with garbage bags. It isn't humid or hot where I live so they are fine but now you got me worried.

If it's an exclusive preorder bonus, unlikely.

That is an limited edition which seems to have a different serial code
That could work for physical book, but then I am thinking about the ebook

Why is there still no Citrus merch?

Zenmarket are able to buy digital products.

it's just not fair

It's rare when I think something I watch is bad even though I always watch near 20 shows every season. By that logic it has to be flopping thus no one wants to make figures no one will buy.

>dec-2018
>probably delayed for a couple of months
>feb-2018
>valentine figure
Is this a 4D move by Alter?

Kadokawa Holo is on the way, but I wish I knew about this beforehand

>dec-2018
>probably delayed for a couple of months
>feb-2019
>valentine figure
Is this a 4D move by Alter?

>spend all this money and time making this whilst delaying existing products
>it's a shit shipping figure

Nippon-Jewsan had her for retail price for a week after release. Most likely my order which I cancelled and then re-bought a while after. ;)

I've been around long enough to remember buyfags being harassed.

user you had your chance, read this no one to blame but yourself.

How do you know it will be one large base and not two small connecting bases?

I'm getting it because Maki is my waifu, but I would be much happier if it was literally any other girl then Nico. I would almost be happier if it was any other pairing of girls then NicoMaki

Because then they would probably sell them separately for better sales, with maybe a special one for both scales as a bundle. Kinda like that one (IIRC) Saber + Nero negligee set thats out there.