Kishi made him a jobber

How the fuck can you do this to the most interesting character of your entire story?

Dude should be the protagonist.

show me where he jobbed in Boruto because I can't remember

havent seen it yet lol.
but he looks to be a fucking weakling hokage. i saw naruto last a few days ago and he's like "oh shit, the village is fucked" until sasuke saves it in 3 seconds.

the fucking disrespect...

i still remember the time Kakashi was one of the most talented ninjas Konoha ever had. He became fuck nothing.

most side characters in Naruto have protagonist potential, its one of the big reasons it got popular.

Think about it, a story around the life of:
>Kakashi
>Sasuke (yeah i know it already is)
>Hashirama
>Lee
>Jiraya
>Salad
>Killer Bee
>Itachi
>Obito
>Danzo
>Nagato
>...

These are all worthy of protagonism

you are (well not sasuke).

but Kakashi is probably the only character that is properly developed and doesnt have weird motives to act accordingly. He is the one character which we sorta see all the trajectory that he went through, and everything in his life holds some kind of weight to his future self. Its bloody infuriating he seems to become a fucking nothing next to all this ninja gods in the final part of naruto.

really, that scene on naruto last where he does god nothing before the village might end up disappearing is way too shitty.

I haven't seen Boruto, and would love for them to give him something else but I find it hard to believe that will be the case.

I think of Kakashi as the strongest a normal person in Naruto can be before things get crazy. Yeah he had a sharingan but it was balanced unlike Obito's where he couldn't spam his ability non stop. No bloodline or Tailed Beast bullshit and he was Kage level from the start of the series.

sure but he is a character in the naruto where things went really crazy. and its a damn shame cause he looks useless.

Funny you should mention that because I would love to forget about Boruto.

Kakashi is pretty important almost up till the end IMO. He says way back when Naruto learns Rashenshuriken that he's been surpassed, but the thing about Naruto is that characters are not only as good as their strength, unlike DBZ. They remain relevant and useful pretty much until Kaguya shows up, but considering how late in the series that was I think it's fine that Naruto and Sasuke had to come out on top. That was foreshadowed since like halfway through part one.

I think that was the point, Kishi was really fixated on the new generation surpassing the old so he purposefully introduced characters and abilities to downplay the old generation's (Kakashi etc) strength; to in turn show that the baton of leadership had been passed from old to new.

They should have just left him with double eye hax as a parting gift from obito or killed him off. With all the other bullshit going on it would be believable enough that the coolest guy could kamui his eyes into kakashi's sockets and heal him with the last of his power. He'd be bedridden after any serious fight, but that's already his thing and he'd be relevant.

I like to pretend Naruto ended at chapter 700/ep 500 after Kaguya gets wrecked and the cycle of hatred is broken. I also like to pretend Dragon Ball ended after the Buu Arc.

That's the thing Kakashi would've been way too powerful and they are already nerfing nardo and sauce as is in burrito series.

the moment the power displays get too unbalanced, its way harder to find that relevancy you wrote about.and that's exactly what happened to kakashi. it seems they wrote him against a wall and then had to try to fit him in the rest of the story knowing fully well he just wasn't relevant enough.

they don't merely surpass though. they make him look like a jobber. that's my problem.

i always though they were going another route. sharingan hurt kakashi more than helped and made him stop developing himself cause of some kind of unbalanced chakra (or some shit) and start powering up again. seems like that was never the case. the two eyes would have been cool but once again, it would make kakashi look stronger just cause he was obito's friend.

naruto was a lot more problems than just kaguya.
the moment sasuke, after 2 years, goes against deidara, itachi, the kages and danzo and nothing really happens to him, you know they fucked up a lot somewhere. the just completely lost its tracks and made most characters irrelevant.

wtf is a jobber?

jobber is that guy that exists to make others look stronger.

i honestly think kishimoto had no idea how interesting Kakashi was when he ended up creating him. its definitely weird as fuck what he did to him.

Kakashi has already won. No need for him to be the center of anything really.

>Ninja villages in peace, so basically no need for ANBU (Kakashi-etc).
>Became Hokage.
>Taught the 2 greatest ninjas and one pink haired female. And is forever their sensei.
>Solved Obito's mystery.
>Asked his father why he did what he did, and got to tell him what was in his heart.

What the fuck does this character do now?
If you mean that he should have been the protagonist from the beginning... Well then it would just be plain boring.

>Some ANBU stuff that gets old fast. ("Cover me." OK SIR!)x26
>Thinks about Obito.
>Thinks about father.
>Climbs mountain with one hand.
>Reads eroge.
>watches Naruto do wacky stuff.
>Watches Naruto get super powers.
>Watches Naruto get sad and angry.
>Trains Naruto.

He was a side character. His whole being was perfectly implemented and you are all faggots.

>lose super hax sharingan
>can't pull off super hax moves anymore

I'm fine with this, although I haven't watched boruto so I don't know about his recent jobs

>the moment sasuke, after 2 years, goes against deidara, itachi, the kages and danzo and nothing really happens to him, you know they fucked up a lot somewhere. the just completely lost its tracks and made most characters irrelevant.

Disagree.

-Itachi basically threw the fight against Sasuke and only wanted to protect him from Tobi as well as remove the curse mark
-Deidara suicides himself, Sasuke didn't really kill him
-The kages basically wrecked his shit and would have ended him if it wasn't for his team/Zetsu/Obito stepping in to help randomly
-Danzo was outsmarted but let's be honest, Sasuke was always heralded as the Genius so it has to get shown off sometimes.

Let's not forget that Sasuke also gets wrecked by Bee and if it wasn't for his team he would've died right there. Literally a 4v1 and they almost lost.

Basically what I'm saying is Sasuke is shown to be strong and have potential but it's also shown how hard it is for him to fight certain others.

>the moment the power displays get too unbalanced, its way harder to find that relevancy you wrote about.and that's exactly what happened to kakashi.
Naruto isn't DBZ, power displays aren't everything. Most of the strongest characters are shown to fumble and screw up, and eventually get outwitted because it goes to their heads. It's not like DBZ where whoever has the most power at the time is completely untouchable by everyone and everything else. Shikamaru was able to outsmart and defeat an immortal guy. Kakashi is still one of the smartest people in the village. He's hardly irrelevant.

what is this ghost samurai everyone has?

Oh let's not forget WAAAAY back in part one, Kakashi literally looks at Naruto and says, in regards to Haku "in this world there are people who are younger than you, and yet, stronger than me". Kakashi was never the "strongest" character. He was deadly because of how smart he is.

Completely forgot about that line, what bullshit that was. Kakashi was a kage level fighter at that point in time there was no child that powerful

It's an advanced technique from the sharingan. Susano-o.

I mean, Gaara may have been able to kill him considering how he wasn't just OP, but also incredibly skilled for his age.

pink eye bullshit powers from a edge emo clan

Also, any of the Sound Ninja 4. They outsmarted ANBU and according to later canon, had enough strength to fight base Raikage, who's the most OP of all the Kage.

Orichimaru vs Sarutobi was what every fight should have been like if it wasn't for the power level creep after that.

Everything becomes DBZ level of earth destruction later on instead of ninjas doing cool shit.

aren't soundfags basically all orichimaru henchmen? is that even a real village in a real country?

But user, that fight was also ground shattering.

Apparently it is but never got explored. I think you have to go through certain bureaucracy to create and maintain a ninja village. I wish they gave a backstory on it or something.

>not ground breaking
one fucking job user

They were manipulating and creating earth, water and forest out of nothing. It was a pretty good preview of what was to come as the series progressed.

even more so, it truly was a ground breaking fight for the series

-His Father suicided,
-Chidori'd his teammate straight to the heartHis -Mentor was killed by the edgy pupil
-His Mentor's mentor killed by the edgy the pupil
-His mentor's mentor's mentor was killed by the edgy pupil
-His edgy pupil tried to kill him, and wanted to destroy konoha.
-His teammate is one of the main reason of the chaos in world.

it's amazing that kakashi survived and with the most sane mind in narutoverse

>...
>leddit spacing
fuck off

"sane" besides one kiss in a filler episode and reading jirayia's shit romance novels he's the biggest foreveralonefag in the entire narutoverse

Kishi would've NEVER let this happen! I don't even need to look at their powers to say this with 100% certainty. Kakashi had to remain a revered character in part 1

I'm still mad about how the power creep fucked Sarutobi, the best kage

No but that line, which was all canon, is still there. Let's be honest too, without Obito's eye Kakashi would still be very talented, and yet just another Jounin, aka pretty much fodder for any Akatsuki or tailed beasts.

>New generation surpassing the old
>By making use of ancient techniques, exploiting the potential of their ancient bloodlines or sealed ancient beasts, and literally being blessed by prophecy and reinarnation from ancient badasses.

No.

A lot of cannon lines from part one were ignored later e.g. Sarutobi was said to be stronger than the first and second Hokages in his prime but was rezed as an old man even though Kabuto explained to Madara that you're revived in your prime

The plot should've developed into someone using genetic engineering to make kekkai genkai that far surpassed any that came before it.

Where was that said? i know he was called a god among shinobi in part one but I don't remember him being praised as better than the first and second (the second was not literal Ninja-God-Indra like Hasharima, though)

Let's not forget how the water produced by the 2nd hokage in the chuunin arc fight was said to be an amazing amount only for fodder ninja to produce the same shit in the 4th war arc

Yeah when a line of a dozen fodder Ninja came together they could make as much water as one Tobirama. Not really the same thing.

Here and I believe during the Orochimaru fight

How about Itachi's unique ability to perform hand signs so quick you can't even see his hands. Then 100 episodes later we see 0 hand signs and 50 jutsu from every fucking character

You need to go back to r/anime.

Sure it wasn't a mistranslation? If it's not then I'll concede it's BS, but that scan looks like it's a fan translation, not an official english manga page.