Oscars

>Koe no Katachi and Kimi no Na wa didn't even get nominations
>the only japanese thing there is The Red Turtle (but no one watched it)

Only polish-british anime can save us now

youtube.com/watch?v=CGzKnyhYDQI

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
futalog.com/361576623.htm
blog.livedoor.jp/drazuli/archives/8433668.html
maoyan.com/films/1172273
the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
aramajapan.com/news/tvmovie/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-surpasses-spirted-away-as-highest-grossing-film-in-japan/69666/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-17/shinkai-your-name-tops-spirited-away-as-highest-grossing-anime-film-worldwide/.111141
escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169311-Your-Name-Beats-Spirited-Away-in-Gross
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/your-name-spirited-away-highest-grossing-anime-of-all-time-a7530876.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=hSufzt6955M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>oscars
who honestly cares

Seeing how anime is viewed from a global perspective is at least worth noting. Why does everybody on this board act as if the oscars are some good behavior sticker you'd get in the 2nd grade? Sure the oscars are self masturbatory jew shlockdom but its at least worth acknowledging its relevance and how little representation anime has gotten especially recently.

Disney is going to win again.
Now go away

No, no one should give a shit how anime is viewed globally or how much "representation" it gets. Watch cartoons you like or fuck off.

still doesn't warrant care
Oscars are a marketing-oriented award show for casual film audiences who don't know anything about cinema.
If an anime film is good, it'll be featured in actual festivals and competitions.
Also neither of those two films were particularly great.

I just watched Kimi no Na wa and I'm depressed because I'll know I'll never watch anything as good.

Basically the same as 5cm. I really hope he can do something else. It's not that I don't like it, but repeating oneself is the most boring shit I can imagine.

/thread

This but unironically.

My favorite anime before watching Kimi no Na wa were literally Re:Zero, KonoSuba, and the Fate franchise. After watching Your name I realized that anime could be so much more than jokes and animated fighting. What do I watch to fill this void?

Have a you, no need to reply.

I'm not joking.

>Wanting spoonfed
>Writing like an absolute twat

Who cares about Oscars, a japanese animated film won the Annecy award. Also Koe no Katachi or Kimi no Na wa don't deserve any awards, they're just as casual and definitely less imaginative than something like Coco.

It's a mediocre teenage flick, with a generic artstyle. There are tons of better anime.

It's so juicy I can barely resist!

Did not find a way.

FINDS

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

>>Koe no Katachi and Kimi no Na wa didn't even get nominations
As they shouldn't have. They were 2016 movies.

SACK KEIT-AI

A friendly reminder that senpai noticed us.

futalog.com/361576623.htm
blog.livedoor.jp/drazuli/archives/8433668.html
maoyan.com/films/1172273

>$355 million

the-numbers.com/movie/Kimi-no-na-wa-(Japan)#tab=summary
supremecarlos.net/post/155932824647/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-just-became-the
aramajapan.com/news/tvmovie/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-surpasses-spirted-away-as-highest-grossing-film-in-japan/69666/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-17/shinkai-your-name-tops-spirited-away-as-highest-grossing-anime-film-worldwide/.111141
escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169311-Your-Name-Beats-Spirited-Away-in-Gross
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/your-name-spirited-away-highest-grossing-anime-of-all-time-a7530876.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films

PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo

Russia will save anime

Koe no Katachi was better and it was castrated compared to manga

I want this or Breadwinner to win.

>first fully painted feature film

Kaguya was also done with some time consuming technique and they shit on it

WHY DO YOU GIVE FUCK?

Is it all hand-drawn from scratch, or is it just interpolated rotoscoping? It looks like the latter but I'd be suprised if it's all from scratch.

>generic artstyle
It's instantly recognizable as Shinkai i.e. it's the opposite of generic. You people are so fucking dumb with your meme words.

It's just another teen romance with a shitty story and nice visuals. What do you faggots see in it that's so amazing?

If there's a technique that can shorten the time needed to make a Petrov's animation, we will usher in a new animation renaissance.

Rotoscoped, it was already filmed with actor s

>weeb discovers that the Oscars are just awards for who spends the most money

>Each of the film's 65,000 frames is an oil painting on canvas, using the same technique as Van Gogh, created by a team of 125 painters
>A total of 65,000 frames were painted, but since artists painted multiple frames from the same shot on a single surface, only 1,000 paintings survived.

Roto
youtube.com/watch?v=hSufzt6955M

Yeah, that's what I suspected, but it still looks really good. It's barely noticeable in the darker scenes.

>boss baby is nominated
>kimi no na wa is not
And to the trash this awards go.

Coco is going win anyway.

but boss baby is 10/10 babykino plus it have the cutest shota too.

>babykino
Oh, Sup Forums, you'll never not make me laugh.

Why does Russian animation have so many anthropomorphized characters, as well as animal characters? Just curious.

>fuckton of crew members
>shoot a movie
>fuckton of painters
>paint whole filmed movie
>budget $5.5 million

meanwhile Justice League cost $300 million to make and looked like shit

Nothing will disgust me more than The Tale of Princess Kaguya losing to piece of shit CGI crap like Big Hero 6