Is that it?

DAAAAAMN

It that like the dream of a liberal?

Now look up how angler fish reproduce.

>5mmm
What kind of fuck ass measurement is that

Is there more?

OBSESSED

It was a short story by Nihei that was released after Blame, so not really. There were a few other shorts as well, about different topics.

this truly is the future of mankind

Post the rest of the short stories.

What the fuck is all this?

I can't believe how shitty SNIKT was. The art and everything was great but constraining himself for a western audience was cancer tier. I think the mindset he got in for SNIKT is what made Sidonia so shitty. The original short story for Sidonia was a lot darker.

His cityscapes were really great though. I wish Dead Heads had continued, I really wanted to see not!Killy cruising around in that R32 Skyline.

this is what happens when you let women write harem series

Nihei being fucking weird

>sounds in space

I skipped Blame Academy.

Fuck off.

>newfags being exposed to Nihei
Always great to watch

OBSESSED

spooky

I don't get it.

Nihei's daughter was a mistake.

SELECT ALL SQUARES WITH: STREET SIGNS

What was negative corridor about anyway

that's what you get for littering

>lil pump

His brother is the food source for entire sectors.

Alright, that's it for short stories from "Blame Academy and so on". I omitted the ones that are directly related to Blame.
If someone wants, I guess they could post the other short works by Nihei (Dead Heads and that one about girl stuck in the wall), but I can't be arsed selecting street signs for google anymore.

wait, so the gauna from knights of sidonia are biological weapons from an older human civ? or is this after sidonia and they've tamed the gauna?

I wouldn't read too much into them being related directly. Nihei has a penchant for recycling names into projects unrelated to where you may have first encountered them. Toha Heavy Industries, for example, shows up in several series that are obviously unconnected to each other.

I wish he'd go back to his old style.

This one shot is not Sidonia. Just a separate story that Nihei came up with, and later used the same idea for Sidonia.

It is never outright stated what Gauna in Sidonia are, but it seems like Nihei took the idea from Stanislaw Lem's "Solaris". There is even a Lem star in the manga.
In the book, humans find a planet that is covered by a sentient red ocean that can morph into different shapes and even creates people from the scientist's memories. Characters speculate that it's the creatures attempt to understand humans.
One of the central points of Lem's non-comedy books is the idea that if we find other life out in space, it will be something beyond our comprehension, and we would likely be unable to communicate.

I wish Nihei inserted more of his cute pissing robot fetish into his works

Way better than the garbage he's doing now, this needs to be a full series.

That new flick Annihilation that just came out was like that. The movie went kind of a 2001 route but the book was all about how words, feelings, semantics, quantitative analysis go right out the window with something that is truly alien. I won't spoil it but "recreating to understand" is a theme as well. I think that analysis is bullshit and that Peter Watts has a better handle on establishing common ground with an alien species, but as a spiritual successor to Solaris it was pretty good.

Just looked the movie up, and apparently it's not even going to be shown in theaters where I live. Is it that unknown?

What actually happened was the directors were """asked""" by some Hollywood jew to change the ending to make it more palatable and they told him to eat a dick. So they only released it to theaters in the USA. It's gonna be on Netflix this month internationally. It was way better in theaters though, the sound is essential.

I see. It's weird that studio execs decided to pass on the possible income. Then again, most money from movies comes from the US anyway.

Nice.