Drifting Classroom

This manga is often referenced/parodied in other manga. What are Sup Forums thoughts of it?

It’s alright. I think it could have been shorter to focus on the main story but every other volume the characters have some situation to deal with that’s different than the last.

I'm surprised they haven't done an anime adaptation yet. Before the whole isekai invasion there was brief rise in popularity in survival horror manga.

Really?
I've never read it. Guess I'll read it now since I needed something new to read anyway.

I was definitely not expecting that ending. I thought it would just be a spooky school story.

There is a (shitty) live-action adaptation with Timmy Turner.

Lol drake bell was in it

Good

is there an survival manga older than that one?

while flawed in certain points (those plot conveniences were sometimes absurd) I though it really captured the best
essence of what a survival manga should be. totally disparing and chaotic, it really inmerse you into that awful apocaliptic world full of mass hysteria

The whole water is inside the ground while the whole surface become desert is kinda bullshit really, also elementary student having dynamites and letting those who already eat other kid back.

was this parodied in ghost stories? ive never read it but i remember having a dream with a similar premise that i'm assuming now was influenced by ghost stories

Is parodied in a lot of mangas.

it's basically Lord of the Flies but for the japanese

I think it's fantastic an icon of horror.
This thing has haunted me for years.

I remember when people would dump the Azumanga Drifting Classroom doujin, shit was intense.

I prefer Sprite

I heard that Umezu was the main inspiration for Junji Ito. Certainly their designs are similar but I think that Umezu is much more optimist.

Lord of the flies was a little boring I prefer this version, characters are more likeable and they resists more shit.

Besides the perspective that this story show about the evolution is very unique in a japanese guy or an american guy, while other stories portray the philosophy of the survival of the strongest as an unique and undeniable true or imply that the human being is just another human going to its inevitable extinction this story claims that the humans can help to the planet if they really try it and the human being is special and we can't accept that we are just animals with our protagonists going against that evolutionist philosophy.

Certainly a very unique perspective.

What is this manga?

Supposedly, Ito is known among mangaka as the "hier of the horror manga legacy".
Learned that from watching Manben.

Which is the superior Umezu work?

Kinda hard but I'd say 17, very few things can top rape aliens and MARIJUANA!? in terms of just plain crazy.
In terms if fucked up, there's God's left hand/Devil's right hand(the one with the stand and the little girl one)

Umezu is known how "the father of the horror manga" he was an important influece in the gender and I can see similarities between his works and Junji Ito's works.

Loli X-men.

>I'm surprised they haven't done an anime adaptation yet
Any day now

inb4 it's changed to current year and several characters are made cuter

Drifting classroom should be revered for how much ground it broke, I have read at least 10 manga that owes most if not all of their existence to it.
And even if it's old, it holds up imo. Suspend your beliefs for some logical leaps and you have a terrifying fever dream of a manga.

It is only topped by fourteen, that manga still scares the shit out of me.

a classic and quality horror manga. Never explains shit and makes things go from bad to worse. this and another one from a similar time period are really good I used to have them as recommendations to people.

It was okay, but the ending wasn’t what I wanted

My mind was blown rewatching Yugioh GX after reading it

Is the movie adaption any good? It looks like an interesting premise.

They'll probably change the cast to teenangers instead of kids.

The was kinda ahead of it's time, it's hard to believe it was made in the 70's.

This is one of my alltime favorite manga. Shu's mother has my vote for best mother in the entire medium. The lengths she goes to help her son whenever she hears his psychic screaming are incredible. I think this is a great work that shows the courage of average people.
Do you think they were ever reunited? The idea was that by fixing the past, the kids' world would transition back in line with theirs, right?

>17

fourteen, user

Fug, so thats why I couldnt find the folder to post pics.

This is too ugly to read

this is it this is the one I was trying to remember.

That part where the little kids jump off the roof to kill themselves fucked me up.