Net-juu no Susume

Was this one of the best shows of fall? Will it encourage more shows where a cake is the main character?

Yakumo-san anime announcement probably soon.

one can only hope

Occasional prayer for updates.

Does the source material ever explain why Moriko quits her job?

No, it was one of the worst.

Spring = SU (vinegar) + PURIN (pudding)

not good

To become a super neet

I thought it was an elite NEET. But why though?

Working can be tedious, boring, and awful, but then when you become a NEET, you feel worthless, pathetic, and hopeless. Life is truly a miserable thing

Show was 2/10. Probably the laziest and most cliched romance I've seen in years, could literally predict the whole plot from the first two episodes.

MoriMori is 11/10 tho, not only it's rare to find a christmas cake protagonist, but she's also a cute messy NEET, has a nice pair of juggers and man that mole makes me diamonds.

>MoriMori is 11/10 tho

That's not a mole. It's a piece of rice she's been carrying around for years, diligently avoiding cleaning off when she washes her face, hoping to create a scene where someone spots it and acts accordingly. Unfortunately no one ever did, and in time, the rice blackened in tandem with her soul.
This is also the reason she quit her job.

>nice pair of juggers
>typically wears oversized sweatshirt that makes it hard to tell
I don't know why this makes it better

Just so we're clear, there is nothing wrong with keeping a marriage license form half-filled out on your person at all times.
Just so we're clear on this point.

Two words: sweater puppies.

>Why do nothing but play online games all day instead of working?
Leave Normie.

In the middle of watching it now. On episode 5, but haven't watched it in a bout a week an a half. It's cute, but it's not really something I can binge. I see it's appeal but for some reason I'm not super crazy about it, like I was lead to believe. A little sad I dismissed it during Fall but whatever.

>premarital
>in public

Would they try to make their child interested in MMOs?

Their child would naturally become interested in it unless they stop playing
-t. son of video game playing parents

came here to say this

please don't let me down japan

the only doubt in my mind is that i'm not sure there's enough material for a season of anime. or, rather, that there's no logical place to end a season of anime unless they do some kind of anime original ending to at least pretend there's some kind of closure at the end of it.

>OVA episode also reveals she typically doesn't wear a bra

>decided to binge this
>see this part
>figure it felt like a series ending episode
>but remember there is another episode that probably will show their date
>it's actually just an unrelated OAD
It's criminal this only got 10 episodes

>It's criminal this only got 10 episodes
Was there even enough source material for more?

Hiatus end when?

There is, but it would have been a weird way to end the series. It was better this way, even if it did short the episode count

Reminder that you will never find your Morioka

If a woman is still single and virgin at the age of 25 there's something wrong with her. No buts and ifs.

I'd be fine with this if we got enough cake anime to remedy this.

36 chapters = 12 episodes (3 chapters per episode). More than enough.

You could tell it went to shit right when she cut her hair, and you could see the flags of it about to go to shit the episode prior. Maybe the first 4 episodes were good, but then the rest was just contrived self-insert relationship bullshit. Disappointing at best. Sakurai a shit.

Elite neets never die or grow old.
Mori loves life.

The worst part is that she reminds me of my waifu and basically looks like a cake version of her.

>Best girl barely got any screentime

Yes. That show carried me through the week and made getting home on a Friday after a long day of work the best moment of the week.

She got like 1 full minute

It hurts so much....

I wish I still had a job, for me this show was a strange mixture of happiness from how cute it was to despression because of how I can relate to MoriMori's NEETdom

Dude, Japan Office Workers have some of the highest suicide rates in the world. She has a fucking dream of people going to work, to walk off a cliff.

She thought office work was killing her. So she quit, rather than commit suicide.

About that, I'm not sure how realistic Morioka's NEETness is. In the show we learn that she was good at her job but she couldn't quite handle the stress that came with it. So she quitted. Which means that in a warmer, more supportive working environment she would be able to perform just fine, or even be above-average. I imagine that she could apply to the company where Sakurai and his senpai are working and do well there. And, as a bonus, we would see all the shenanigans that would ensue as a result of Sakurai playing Cupid. In fact, why isn't that the official continutation of the show?

If there was something that was bittersweet for me was how Morioka found such perfect husband material while playing an MMO. I wish I could find a female Sakurai i.e. I wish I could find a Lily.

The only way to redeem herself is by becoming a stay at home mom.

Who said Mori is a virgin?

She is in her 30s. That ship has already sailed

>cuts her hair
Such beautiful long locks lost over a date with Chad
Just fucking kill me even fictional neet cakes still end up becoming normie chad lovers who cut off all their hair
>3 boyfriends

Is older women retreating to MMOs something we will see more of in the future?

>older women retreating to MMOs

It's now. Though not quite the definition of a NEET, lots of housewives get into MMOs to pass the time, especially since idle grinding activities of MMOs mesh right together with housework. One of the top guilds in Runescape is compromised purely of married, stay at home women. Yes, you have to verify to get in, so it's not full of pretenders

Older women have always played MMOs really
My guild leader in wow when I was 14 was a 30 year old woman who liked to get drunk on her off days
She was married though and had to pause the raid several times to take care of a baby

>he doesn't know
MMOs have always been cake bait. They are just like Morioka, they play a man and never let it slide that they are middle age women

The first hatemail I ever received from playing an MMO was from a 36-year-old stay-at-home mother.

>Show makes me want to pick up an MMO
>remember that most f2p MMOs have dead communities
>also remember everyone is an asshole online and nothing like how portrayed in the show
Japan must have a lot of Japanese exclusive MMOs that are different than actual MMOs that puts these ideas in their heads

Kek. How did you find out?

She typed like a regular l33tspeaking teen. When I said 'he sounds like a prick' to my guildmates, they told me who she really was. One even showed me her actual FB profile, which was linked to her MMO account.

You just have to get lucky with people. I found a pretty good friend during LFR when i gave him some gear i didnt need.

>tfw too autistic for both IRL and MMO friends

No, but from what I pieced together in the anime
>she is hardworking which is exploited by her coworkers who dump their work on her while they go fuck around since she is too meek to say no
>she has crushingly low self esteem which causes her to take idle, even polite comments as personal insults. Seen when the shop owner makes the girlfriend comment and she replays it in her head as condescending
>at some point she actually has a turning point where she looks forward to work, but something happens which causes her to never log in to the original MMO again. This was likely the breaking point and she quits soon after

What I never pieced together was how she got the money to go NEET, but still buy shit like the expensive computer and a gacha addiction

Remember to support this show

I know that feeling
>want to play the game on my terms
>if I make friends they will want to go do other stuff that I may not want to do at the time

I fucking hate SOL but absolutely loved this show
Mori a CUTE

She's a fucking slutwhore and cut her hair for some faggot youngster.

No, I dropped it after 2 episodes when it became apparent that they set the main story in the game, I don't want to watch an interaction in game play out as if its real, i want to watch the person playing the game, not the game itself, sadly every anime based around a game does this and has the character like they are the game characters

ok
but she's cute

theres more irl interaction past ep 5

It's not like it matters. There's only enough content for a handful more episodes, and there's no telling if it will ever come off hiatus. Plus it's not like it sold that great. And to top it all off there was the debacle with Yaginuma

The game is pretty much dropped halfway through

She cut it for her date with Koiwai, who is older than her

>Yaginuma
This is why the show must be supported, support Yaginuma

So who won in the end? Sakurai or the chad? It was left kind of open.

What are cakes even good for? You can't marry them

>i want to watch the person playing the game, not the game itself
So you want to watch someone silently typing away at their computer for 23 minutes an episode with the occasional curse because they died or didn't get the drop they wanted?

Chad was never in the game to start with. Everything he did was to push Sakurai and Morioka together. But Sakurai is too dense to notice this and ends up making blunders that make it seem like Koiwai is in the game when he actually isn't

I guess it would be enough. Well sadly nothing yet happend in manga so anime would be just advertisment for manga and a tease.

They are for drinking your sorrows away with.

What?

Staying true to Yaginuma's vision.

I liked it but it did make me think how a guy who decided to become an MMO playing neet at 30 would almost certainly die alone.

They do

One of the directors for the anime went full Sup Forums on twitter. I'm just surprised this thread lasted as long as it did before it was brought up

Let's be real here, if not for the absurd coincidence of Moriko living a few minutes away from two of her guild mates, she would probably be dying alone too

Well everything for the convinience of the story. In other anime 4person guild planned offline metting and suddenly all 4 of them were from the same school.

I suppose I meant if you're a cute girl like Mori even popping out to the shops for snacks some guy might try and ask you out.

What are the chances? as others have said, they are typically playing Japan exclusive MMOs. So it's now like WoW and a worldwide game just so happens to have all the main characters in one town. The entirety of Japan is still a stretch, but less ridiculous, especially if the game they are playing is portrayed as popular

Pretend it's 3d. Mori isn't supposed to be seen as cute when she is in full NEET mode.

The show must go on. I played a couple of mmo on my country exclusive servers but I barely found anyone living close to me.

Umm sir apparently there's something wrong with your cake.

How so?

At least in this one it's not the entire fucking guild. Two of like seven is mildly believable.

It was 3, guild leader was working in the market. I don't say it's bad thing I enjoyed watching it. If it were her realising they all live far away and staying shut in it would be drama not romcom.

>guild leader
>Sakurai
Who was the third?

I just found out a random person in my guild lives only a couple hours from me.

They play a girl but I’m sure it’s just a dude anyways

Why was Moriko so embarrassed to have Sakurai see her underwear in the laundry?

>bland 3 to a pack panties
>he wouldn't find a bra in the pile

>Tfw you will never have the means to become an eleeto neeto

Do you have any screencap of it?

A 25 year old beautiful "cake" is one thing but holy fuck this "thing" called MoriMori is way past her expiry date. It's a fucking health hazard if not immediately removed.

>tfw he follows me now because of it

I would a Becky

Becky, Yukari, Nanako - there are extremely good reasons why those cake teachers are all fucking single. Slobs. Whores. Excessive smoking/drinking. Not particularly attractive by 2D standards.

How are they going to handle the last episode? The manga suddenly went in a pretty hardcore direction, I was surprised.