No Game No Life Zero

Can we talk about how great this movie was? I didn't expect these feels from a fucking NGNL movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k9oPtjPVE1A
youtube.com/watch?v=dOO_6qrH1d0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The quality and well-reception of this movie makes me somewhat hopeful for a season 2 at least

Same, I think I'll even pick up the LNs. Shame that the last ones aren't translated.

Good ass movie. Wish they've shown Artosh in it though.

Yes. From everything I've seen the movie was popular and did quite well in theaters.

There is more than enough content for S2.

LN was great. Movie skipped almost all of action with Ex Machinas. First part, until Schwi shows up, was a little slow, but the rest was great.

>that voice
>that heaven's strike
The fucker was imposing enough without even showing up in person.

Showing himself would've been better.

I guess it's understandable since it's a movie but seeing the Ex Machina taking on Artosh would have been nice.

Best OST I have heard in a while

>Schwi's death
>Riku pleading to Tet to take the Suniaster
Fucking hell man

Yeah, that would've been cool. LN felt rushed, and movie even more.

What the fuck. I'm watching this right now.

>BLOCKS YOUR PATH

>browsing a thread about the movie before finishing it

best song right here
youtube.com/watch?v=k9oPtjPVE1A

then what the fuck are you visiting threads discussing a movie before finishing said movie?
faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=dOO_6qrH1d0
This one is great too

I'm retarded. The movie was good though.

I have a weak spot for stories that involve machines learning how to feel emotions so this movie gave me a pretty serious case of the feels.

Ex Machina best bros

Kinda hate Jibril now

>We are machines, tools bereft of heart.
>We have lived here, yet were never alive. Let us die having lived!
>Einzeig shedding a single tear

>How many have I sent to their deaths?!
Fuck.

Jibril's always been a violent head-collecting motherfucker. We learn this on the episode she introduced herself. You're just blinded by nostalgia, forgot, or you only liked her as your waifu of the season.

It's worse in the LN. Riku notices that Shuvi's heart has affected them so much, they no longer speak in absolutes, and even avoid eye contact when lying about their probabilities in success when attempting to cheer up Riku.

This is what the Führer must had felt.

>gain feelings
>inmediately sacrifice yourself for the one you love
>the few that survive can't be with their husbando either
Ex Machina had a hard life

I thought shiro was cute in the series but schwi might top her. Dark hair + that cute cat hoodie was way too adorable

I want to exterminate the elven race with Jibril

This desu

How can steph be saved?

All the scenes of Shuvi/Schwi getting hit, or crying desperately made me aroused. Am I awakening to ryona? I'm scared.

Rewatching S1 now

oh god

You monster

S1 Shiro really sucks compared to shuvi, what went wrong?

For all of the idiocy that Steph has shown, she can probably beat everyone here in a game she knows how to play.

Jibril pls

S1 Shiro was perfect after the Reversi episode. And she was A+ in the vidya game.

>Steph winning any game
No chance buddy,

They are implying Riku/Schwi get reborn right?

Hell nah. lol

Didn't Tet say in the anime that he picked Sora / Shiro because they reminded him of someone he knew long ago (Riku / Schwi)?

I didn't read the LN so I can't confirm if it's truly reincarnation or whatever.

Please stop me.

It's weird. Tet tells us that reincarnation doesn't exist, but muses that he should try believing it does. It's assumed that since our omnipotent god believed in it, i happened, and that's why he asked Blank if they felt they were born in the wrong world. Additionally, all the remaining 5~15 Ex Machina identify Sora as a match with Riku, and immediately try to acquire him.

Didn't Tet say that reincarnation doesn't exist in Disboard? Maybe people reincarnate in others worlds after they die or something.

iirc the author left weather they were actually reincarnated pretty ambiguous, but it's tet's fanfiction that they were reincarnated.

>Didn't Tet say that reincarnation doesn't exist in Disboard?
He does.

>Maybe people reincarnate in others worlds after they die or something.
We just don't know. I used to think it was like that too until I read Tet's musings and thoughts on reincarnation. I mean, if god almighty said reincarnation didn't exist but would have liked if it did, don't you think something would have happened, intentionally or not, over the 6k years they were dead?

I want to do lewd things to this robutt

No orifices

What about the others after thousands of years?

>no orifices
>clearly has a mouth and chest pussy

>stick your dick in the chest pussy
>she dies

They have a chastity program, preventing them from breeding with anyone that isn't their husband (Riku).

Imagine giving a god absolute power and this brand new all powerful god doesn't resurrect you or your dead waifu

But were there any physical modifications made to make it possible if he appeared again?

I think they breed via magic ritual like some of the other races, so what you want won't exist.

>watch this today
>feel sad as fuck
>aniki dies a few hours later

This and a few thing don't make sense to me.

First why didn't tet save them?
How did artosh die?
What happened to the fire ball? IT seemed that it was going towards the machiens, they cast a spell we don't see, next scene they create a giant cannon and shoot it into the ground
Why did jibril nuke her after she had nothing left
Where machines store their tears
Why was consuming the ash necessary to talk to the elf girl
This takes 6k years ago yet the royal family is the same? And they even know about her?
How has humanity not come up with anything after 6k years, no technology whatsoever?

The Steph scenes made me appreciate the public humiliation tags on sad panda.

worst shuvi form

Not an LN fag but I can answer some of these
>First why didn't tet save them?
I don't get this, maybe someone else knows because I'm also curious
>How did artosh die?
Don't know this either
>What happened to the fire ball? IT seemed that it was going towards the machiens, they cast a spell we don't see, next scene they create a giant cannon and shoot it into the ground
They analyzed the first big fire ball and replicated it for the cannon, it's a special trait of the machinas to duplicate attacks they receive.
>Why did jibril nuke her after she had nothing left
Sadistic gerbil
>Where machines store their tears
heh
>Why was consuming the ash necessary to talk to the elf girl
This wasn't explained in the movie at all iirc, but it obscures magic. So the elf couldn't use magic on him or use magic to identify what race he was (since their are many humanoid races). Since the humans wanted to be anonymous.
>This takes 6k years ago yet the royal family is the same? And they even know about her?
Old dola was the leader of the reminder of the humans, it makes sense that she is the royal family; and they can write and document her theirs no reason she wouldn't be remembered.
>How has humanity not come up with anything after 6k years, no technology whatsoever?
Not sure

>First why didn't tet save them?
I don't think he can revive the dead. Just trees and shit.

>How did artosh die?
Before Riku used the drill, the ex machina had to eliminate Artosh, or else there would be a 52% chance the suniaster would appear to him after using the stalemater drill. It's now believed that the ex machina only stripped him of his claim to suniaster, and some malicious third party sniped him during or after. almost 2/3rds of the ex machina's numbers go to fight him, and off the 10k that went, only 700 made it to the final boss room.

>What happened to the fire ball? IT seemed that it was going towards the machiens, they cast a spell we don't see, next scene they create a giant cannon and shoot it into the ground
They used Shuvi's machines to redirect it to the attack from the armies, into 5k ex machina (1/3rd their population). They analyzed the attack, and allowed stalemater drill to replicate 74% of its strength.
>Why did jibril nuke her after she had nothing left
She didn't want Shuvi to analyze more of her attacks, because she sent battle data back to her cluster.
>Where machines store their tears
They're magic machines made by god. Try not to question it too much.
>Why was consuming the ash necessary to talk to the elf girl
Magic and magic sensors can't detect things in the presence of black ash. By inhaling it, you're able to waltz right past their automated magic defense systems. These automated defense systems were historically able to swat flugells from the sky, and Jibril is known for destroying an entire country because their defense system hit her.
>This takes 6k years ago yet the royal family is the same? And they even know about her?
It's history. Humanity isn't burdened by races of humans attacking and destroying each other's histories. Also, it's fiction. Don't look into it so hard.
>How has humanity not come up with anything after 6k years, no technology whatsoever?
Most technology is powered by magic here.

I rewatched it a bit ago and surprised at how well it held up, it's super fun.

So I want to pick up the LNs. Should I start where the anime left off or did they skip a lot of things?

It's been a long time since I read them, but I remember being mad that the anime skipped stuff. It's up to you. However, I'll warn that you should avoid reading volume 7 until volume 8 is finished, so make sure you stop at 6.

You hear about how they were busy killing and killing but it's damn depressing when it's actually animated.

It hurts user. I didn't expected this from NGNL.

GodLike OST and Animation TY Based MadHouse. ShuviBut and Rikudo are so much better than Shirou and Sora. But The Story is a complete mess tho u can't understand shit if you didn't read the Light Novel.

delete shiro replace with shuvi

Shuvi is for Riku and Shiro is for Sora.

Only the best

Alright I'll start over then, it's been a long time since I watched the anime anyway.

>you should avoid reading volume 7 until volume 8 is finished
Why? Does it end in a cliffhanger or something?

>make non-isekai prequel of isekai series
>it's 5x better

Really makes you think.

FUCKING Jibril REEEE... Muh I kill Shuvi for GAG FuFuFu even when she begged me to live. Why u flags can still defending that Bitch is beyond me....

Its not explicitly confirmed but its about as heavily implied as you can get without actually confirming it.

>Why? Does it end in a cliffhanger or something?
The arc takes 2 volumes to conclude, and volume 8 (the 2nd half) isn't translated.

Thank you for being one of the few people that remembered the story's setting. The 10 oaths were made to prevent everyone from killing each other.

>REEEE
>...
>Muh
>GAG
>FuFuFu
>u
>...
Holy shit, kill yourself right now.

A huge cliffhanger, and the person doing a fan translation is "too busy" to translate vol 8

Alright I'll wait then. Thanks you.

Tet was a nothing before becoming the One True God. An Old Deus, yes, but without any believers he may as well not exist.

In the LN the surviving Ex Machinae copied and fired his Divine Strike back at him. in the movie, no fucking idea.

I dunno. That scene wasnt in the LN at all.

Because she could.

Was probably oil.

Yes. Otherwise Riku could have been tracked by magic, which the ash prevented.

No clue.

Might as well ask why the ancient egyptians didnt have electric lighting.

I watched the movie last week. I really liked it. Too bad about S2 never though. And the LN translations from YP sucking.

>mc pushes himself to the point where he can't continue
>other character does something risky to help the mc when he's unable
>other character proceeds to also get injured or dies

I hate this

Riku and Shuvi had more personality and great moments in one movie than Sora and Shirou had in 12 episodes. How?

>The scene when riku activated the weapon to end the war.

Amazing. Makes what happens next even more heartbreaking. But it worked out in the end. All his friends death MEANT something.

All those super weapons. How did they not destroy the world by the time the movie start is a miracle.

They still haven't caught up with the old Bakatsuki translation either.

So how much inbreeding do you think corone's descensant commit? Because there is no other explanation to have someone that looks like a poker card and a descendant that while looks like her is a completely retard.

>someone that looks like a poker card
Are you talking about Tet, the god of games? Is this the state of secondaries?

Only in tet's headcanon. I prefer it that way, it feels more interesting.

Any decent subs this time around?

I was refering to steph's grandfather retard, he was a fucking poker card. Thanks for confirminh that you are a speedwatcher.

He should have picked this personality

>Might as well ask why the ancient egyptians didnt have electric lighting.

But they do

Oh, you meant a FACE card. I thought you meant Tet, since Tet's design is an amalgamation of game references (like having clubs, hearts, diamonds, spades on his design).

None of the super weapons that were fired at the end were really used.

If i recall correct from reading, at the end of the movie the entire planet is destroyed and tet remakes it into Disboard.

No I explicitly mentioned corone's descendant, so tet is out of question, his design is perfect, the illustrator might be a hack but tet is one of the things he did very right.

H-how do I read the LNs? Are people translating them?

Since you got quads, I'l spoonfeed ya.
You can just look up " No Game No Life Light Novels " on Google. Don't start 7 until 8 is done. The movie takes place in the 6th novel. Yes, it is worth starting from the beginning, makes it all the more fun.

Some guy on Baka Tsuki TL'd vol 1-6.

BT had to remove them when Yen Press got the license, but they still exist on VN Meido.

Some guy did manage to TL vol 7 but i cant find anywhere that has it.

Vol 8 and beyond havent been translated.