B: The Beginning

what's the verdict?

The answer is pic related

So the verdict is cell phone?

Shit.

It's like two people wanted to write different stories but they had to make a compromise to include both of them at once.

Who is the supposed audience for this anime?

Dropped it after one episode because it was a fucking mess. Basically

I'm enjoying it. It's giving me a weird Darker than Black vibe and it's nice to have Animu with well done 5.1 audio for a change.

The ripoffest of rip-offs. The king of recycling.

Everybody who watched and liked:
Psycho Pass
Tokyo Ghoul
Guilty Crown
Zankyou no Terror
Death Note
...or so the producers thought.

It's an entertaining ride. Also that ed is unskippable.

Bit disappointed that the supernatural elements took a backseat to the thiller crime drama near the end but with all the worldbuilding we got about it I'll be happy to see a second season.

Also they're really put some thought into their foreshadowing if you know where to look which is nice.

they should've just tried to remake DTB

I didn't like the ED song.

It's...eh.

The first half is really poorly paced. It picks up slightly in the 2nd half but it feels like a challenge just to get there. Its only worth are the visuals and soundtrack.

I feel like it might be the kind of show that'll have more merit during a rewatch when you start to notice the foreshadowing and teases. But it doesn't leave me with any desire to rewatch it.

Overall, it's a clusterfuck.

Had good animation but the demi god plot was shit.

SOON

What's the verdict? Is she cute? I can't tell.

The entire magic genetically engineered children thing was pointless.

If they just cut that out and made it entirely about solving murders it would have been much better, I guess they just had too much money and wanted to spend it on SOO KEWL fights.

7/10
Would feed her red bean buns.

Gilbert is worsely written Kotomine

She's a cutie. Wished she had more moments with Koku though, they had the beginnings of a really funny dynamic going.

B: Boring as fuck

I still don't get why used goods were released to the public when it's common knowledge all they are capable of is rape, murder, plunder. Lots of money and time is also spent on the police, courts, prisons because of that.
It really is an edgefest.

>Watching this subbed
Look at this fucking faggot.

AOTS at the very least.

You are on Sup Forums, you know.

>It's common knowledge all they are capable of is rape, murder, plunder.

Not if they're given the gold solution. They'll literally do anything they're order to get more too. Place them right in the heart of society's infrastructure (police, hospitals) or in places of power (one of the Reggie's became a congressman) and you literally have an army of human puppets will follow your every word and can shape the country how you see fit. If Gilbert got this way at the end he was literally gonna use his Reggie sleeper agents to wipe out the whole RIS.

I could understand keeping puppets that are useful to you if they hold positions of power, but the baddies we saw were ugly (=evil) human trash with low IQs. You have no need of them and keeping them out in the world is a waste of resources.

Boring

WHAT A COINCIDENCE!
Cringeworthy.

All the people Koku killed were Reggie's too - which means that the assemblyman and family he killed in ep 2 was also Reggie's so yeah some were in positions of power.

Also even the wastes of resources are good fallguys for crimes, as demonstrated by Gilbert.

Did you miss the part where she spent literally an entire day tracking them down by herself.

Also they're camping out in a town filled with old farts so of course they'll stand the fuck out.

Man B) had to be one of the most well written villains I have witnessed in the anime medium. If you get his character the first go, good job, otherwise I advise to go back and review his motives and the source of his madness. The chilling factor about him is his type is very real. Schizophrenic but also extremely intelligent. He could shrug off murders by developing a new personality and destroying his former one so as to avoid a mental breakdown. The human mind can only take so much stress before this happens, yet he was able to sidestep this due to his illness. That whole bit about how it was mentioned this his grand scheme was actually him trying to end the madness he created was poetic. It took someone who was even smarter than him to finally put him down. I mean there was even more to it than that by his current personality wanting to force K to see from his perspective. He wanted him to murder him b/c being conflicted by his other personalities, he desired death yet desired for K to become him. To continue the cycle as he put it.

>not watching a Japanese show produced by Japanese people in Japanese
???
Just because the money came from Netflix doesn't change anything.

The entire motive behind the murders though was a smokescreen for Man B to move freely and allow Man A to carry out his fake destiny user.

Don't make me laugh. What tracking? She drove from place to place at random. This is not how tracking works. Their world having no security cameras (given the high level of tech shown) in public places is a joke.

>Also they're camping out in a town filled with old farts so of course they'll stand the fuck out.
Nice fanfiction. If you bothered to pay attention the island is filled with old people and tourists. Keith and Koku could easily pass for a dad and a son having quality time together.

There is also the fact that it was well established by Eric that Lily was on the same page as Keith. She is in no way a dunce, and even played out to be on part with Keith when it comes to intelligence.

I admit it flew over my head the first time I watched (mainly because I was hella salty that there was no mystic voodoo happening during Koku's final battle despite all that buildup) but going back and rewatching the last few eps made me realise that yeah he IS really well done.

I love how Keith barged in ready to kill him only to back down at the last second because he realised that killing him is EXACTLY what he wanted all this time. He was so close to achieving his orignal goal but even with Keith derailing his plans he still came out on top.

The filming made me kek tho

I'm in love. Blushing Keith was cute too.

Now try and imagine living the daily grind as him. The only way you can stop yourself is through someone else that rivals you. You yourself can't do it b/c your brain is split up into so many personalities, each with its own motives.

Cute policegirl and autismman part was great.

Sasuke fighting evil clowns was shit.

curious fact, these initials in Spanish LITERALLY means anus

Wow. What kind of 'intelligence' you need to bump into someone in a tourist hot-spot? Telepathy?

No its full of old farts and tourist TRAPS user, not actual tourists, just like any place in the middle of nowhere - the RIS team are suprised that Keith chose to lay low there and it's what tips Eric off that Keith's goal isn't to hide.

Plus they do stick out - Lily mentions she only had to ask two(2) people moments after arriving to track them down.

More like, hmm, guy cooks with spices in his house that were not common in the area this story mainly took place. CSI pulls this deductive analysis all the time and no one bats an eye. What makes it so unbelievable here?

There is also this to consider as well.

Tourist traps don't exist without any tourists around.
It's an asspull, deal with it. Their country is not a city-state, he could have been hiding anywhere. Yet TELEPATHY kicks in and a stupid girl makes the entire police force into idiots. Sasuga. You can have a star stamp on your homework, girl. Why didn't they use drones?

>CSI pulls this deductive analysis all the time and no one bats an eye. What makes it so unbelievable here?
I've never watched CSI, I simply call out bullshit whenever I see it. B: The Bullshit.

>guy cooks with spices in his house that were not common in the area
Apparently, shops don't stock them where he lives. Maybe it's a state planned economy.

Good thing I didn't drop this after the mess episode 6 and 7 were. Episode 9 was pretty good.

how on earth can anyone watch dubbed anime??? they all sound like total shit.

it didn't happen that early on tho

you just wanted to whine and report to an image board that you dropped it

You realize Tourist Traps are seasonal hot spots. They have slow or dead periods of business. Worked in a few hotels and learned this simple truth.

Didn't watch it yet. When I have free time I will watch it. How do you guys have so much free time? Are you neet?

I've become a temporary neet due to a random ass accident that almost took my life. I'll be working again this fall.

Fuck you, I want to listen to Noctis VA

The ED is really fucking good

I watched half friday night and then the the rest this morning.

Lily is the cutest and has a nice butt to boot. Wanted to see more development between her and Keith, maybe even romantic. On the other hand I couldn't care less about Koku and his waifu.

>Why didn't they use drones
Because they're trying to locate Keith without tipping off the shadow org that also wants him and thus is putting pressure on them to track him down. Also did you forget how their entire electronic network has been compromised?

The whole reason they even ''''dismissed'''' Lily was so she could essentially go off the grid to find him.

>Telepathy
She got to Keith's last known location (the river) simply by canvassing every conceviable roadside stop she could. Also its not just guy cooks with spicies, it's guy cooks with a dish which is famous in only one specific area - implying he has a passing familiarity with said area, which is a good a lead as any.

Same here user. I haven't binged a show with this much anticipation and excitement for quite some time.

This desu

Had a snow day.

Thanks user, you explained this much better than my attempt to reason with him.

hopefully next season will be better. Keith is my husbando.

It's not hard to find five hours of free time over the course of two days.

I just hope they have quality interactions between Koku and his husbando(yandere).

I feel the reason why Koku and Luna weren't as fleshed out as the rest of the cast was b/c much of their screen time was being set up as continuous self-fulfilling prophecy. Once Keith told Koku to see his fate out, despair, or hope, and fight what he felt wasn't right, Koku broke the cycle. If this does get a second season, I'm willing to bet Kisirama will tie up all the loose ends left with the King and the corrupt government, along with Koku and Luna rushed backstory.

>How do you guys have so much free time?

I have good time management skills

>Because they're trying to locate Keith without tipping off the shadow org that also wants him and thus is putting pressure on them to track him down. Also did you forget how their entire electronic network has been compromised?
And? How is any of this an obstacle? The hacker lady can provide encryption and they may edit the footage to their hearts content. A single policewoman finding a guy without any back up, her only clue being what the guy cooks is even more fantastical than the whole human experimentation subplot.

>it's guy cooks with a dish which is famous in only one specific area
I'm good at making curry. I love eating curry. I've never been to India and I have no links to India whatsoever. Your logic is flawed.

You don't die after several seconds of being strangled. These super human demi god war machines are even weaker than regular humans.

I watched the first two episodes and wasn't feeling it, does it get better or should I drop it?

So Lily reminds Keith of his sister due to their heavy resemblance but at the end it's revealed said sister wasn't even Keith's actual sister and was adopted? Did I get that right? For what purpose would they throw that in at the last minute?

To be fair, that was a Reggie, being strangled by a Reggie that hadn't had their gold fix.

Family is family user. The series showed us time and time again that Keith still cared for her, adopted or not. Hell, Keith avoided Lily b/c he didn't like being reminded of his sister when he saw her. Lily happens to resemble her.

>How is any of this an obstacle?
I see you've missed how the hacker lady says outright that she's no sure she can completely keep them out even with her best efforts (and she can't, as seen when shadow org also manages to get data from the bug put on Lily's car and sends an assassin to take them all out next ep).

Also its a single policewoman tracking down a guy who's explicitly stated to think in an extremely similar way to her - its more of a w "...where would I go in his shoes" situation and the gumbo was the eureka moment. Also Keith wasn't even putting much effort into ''''hiding'''' - he was only using that time to let Koku rest up.

So the audience doesn't get any incest vibes when they fuck.

They threw the adopted part in because said sister was also in love with Keith - it's what drove Gilbert to murder her. Them not being blood related makes the crush feasible.

Maybe to make a potential romance less off putting? The team constantly teases her about it and when she gave that whole "I love him" speech to ruse Gilbert, Keith was blushing hard as fuck.

Episode 9 is good

I'm really liking it.

I just finished episode 6, which was a bit expository and the fight had some "too fast to see so no drawing here". It was prob the weakest episode but I really liked the background story told, and some moments after the fight.

I don't understand, nor do I want to, why people are not liking this, but whatever.

I'm super into the story. I like the characters and the mystery.
The fight scenes are really good, the one with Izanami was dope.
I think the art an animation are gorgeous to look at.

>Also that ed is unskippable.
Right? The beginning of that song is SOO good, man.

It's not AOTY contender but it's worth watching

Solid 4/10

So am I thinking into too deeply into this or did Keith avoid her because he didn't want to make into a potential target for Gilbert by getting close to her?

/thread

Most likely. After all he was suspicious of Gilbert from the very first episode, hence why the cigarette pack he gave him in the first ep was bugged.

I mostly thought he avoided her because she was a painful reminder of the past due to the many similarities with Erika.

I mean he was pretty gung ho about using Lily as a honey trap for Gilbert later on.

Not blood sibs = allowed sis to fall for Keith. This pisses off the Gilbert.

>I see you've missed how the hacker lady says outright that she's no sure she can completely keep them out even with her best efforts
So? Eric wanted Keith arrested anyway. Later he is arrested (and it's official - Gil knows about it) and they are working together.
The writers just wanted the genki girl to shine, since up to that point she had been useless and only wasting screentime.

>a guy who's explicitly stated to think in an extremely similar way to her
This proves nothing. They think similar, so what? How do you go from thinking similar to bumping into someone in a gumbo shop?

I watched them on my 1.5 hour bus ride to home + lunch time and the rest when I back home.

>she had been useless and only wasting screentime
I wanted to watch this because I like the girl's design but I guess I'm not gonna waste my time if she's useless.

>that tight body
Too bad she is barely relevant to the plot.

Yeah, she even gets kidnapped and has to be rescued later on. She's only there to serve as a gag character.

>Useless
Ignore this, user is being a shitter.

She has a fun personality and is also the closest to covering just wtf is going on out of the whole team (the only one closer still is the guy who's literally been spending years obessively researching the case)

She is useless. You only like her for waifu qualities (a generic genki girl), not for her role in the story. She could be written out entirely and the plot wouldn't change.

She isn't useless. While Koku and Yuna were the central figures the supernatural plot, Keith and Lily were the central figures for the human story line.

There's no point in being close to discover shit if she actually isn't the one to solve the mystery. That just drives home how irrelevant she actually is.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll just pass on this one then.

By your logic the entire RIS team is completely irrelevant because Keith was the one to solve the mystery. If that's the case start shitting on the entire team instead of sperging at the icky girl. Never mind the fact if they didn't step in events would have ended exactly how they did 7 years ago.

Also I don't see you bashing Yuna even though she was LITERALLY a waifu character and barely does anything revelant apart from being beaten up.

>She could be written out entirely and the plot wouldn't change.

Okay then tell me how they would have ever caught Gilbert if Lily didn't throw him off balance and kickstart his breakdown. Gil's whole stick is that he runs his life like clockwork thanks to his Reggie army anyway - Keith had no concrete proof at all to pin anything on him.