Holy fucking shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G-8b04GZuT4
youtube.com/watch?v=h7-bDBDgOUo
youtube.com/watch?v=Jw6KRkx0vNg
youtube.com/watch?v=E9B9Fvr1ehw
youtu.be/kSzE0yJZUVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I DON'T LIKE THE WAY YOU ATTACKED CHRIS AND COSMO! IT'S ONE THING TO TAKE THEM PRISONER AND THREATEN THEM BUT WHEN YOU ACTUALLY HURT SOMEBODY THAT'S GOING TOO FAR!

Gotta go fast.

STUCK IN A NOODLE KITCHEN

Why does Japan not care for Sonic?

WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION

Don't watch dub

Metarex Arc was great, literally DBGT done right.

Its the only good dub

Show with the Japanese dub is actually decent, and Chris isn't even annoying in Japanese.

Agreed, if only the rest of the series was as good.

shit indeed

>that ending

how the fuck was that allowed

YOU KNOW

...my ass!

>tfw Sonic X won’t be redubbed with a more accurate script and original OST using the current voice cast akin to Funimation’s dub of One Piece

Daily reminder that 4kids removed an English song from the games in the English dub of Sonic X:

youtu.be/G-8b04GZuT4

The Eng OP was unironically good.

It's a shame they can't find a groove in making the games consistently decent when you get some decent vocal tracks for them. youtube.com/watch?v=h7-bDBDgOUo

>DAT FUCKING SCENE

>one piece
A manga getting dubbed user? Don't be silly.

Im sure there was some good content in there but the little amount of it I watched as a kid was garbage
Satam and Sonic CD movie are superior

They removed English text off signs all the time

forces ost was bad and you should feel bad

Chris is still the embodiment of first world problems no matter what version you watch.

I wasn't speaking for Forces as a whole, but you have to admit you can find earworms in even the worst Sonic games.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jw6KRkx0vNg

I'm surprised there aren't more Sonic X threads because this series was The Shit.

And when I say that, I don't mean it was "the shit", I mean it was the DEFINITIVE example of "shit".
Actual shit is less shit than Sonic X

S O N I C
GO
S O N I C
GO

GO GO GO GO, LET’S GO

youtube.com/watch?v=E9B9Fvr1ehw

Stop

I don't think I actually finished it, what happened at the end?

Tails gets trolled.

fucks sake

Tails has to kill his girlfriend

Eggman notices that Rouge has pretty big tits for a bat.

Imagine having to kill your waifu to save the world.
Will you be able to do this?

Sonic CD cutscenes > Sonic OVA > Sonic X

X is literally just cheap Saturday morning cartoon tier.

>X is literally just cheap Saturday morning cartoon tier.
Except the last 26 episodes which are not only the best episodes of the show, but they are also excellent by themselves.

Everyone knows that CD blows everything out of the water. Didn't the same animator do a bit for Sonic Mania?

Ice and water, steak and cow
Autumn, this year, and last year
Spark and burn, rain and cloud
A, B, C, D...
Tuesday, Wednesday, so is Friday
How 'bout moons and headlights?
What I say and what I think
A-B-C-D-E-F...

No, the world doesn't deserve saving.
>yfw Amy makes that exact decision in Sonic X

Tyson Hesse did the animation for Mania

Patrician

No Mania's animations were done by Tyson Hesse, one of the artists for the comics and the artist who did the nipples the enchilada strip.
CD was animated by Toei.

Amy being cute is the best part of X.
>Sonikku!

Which are the top 10 hottest gals in Sonic?

That's pretty hardcore.

Can I just watch the last 26 episodes and avoid the rest?

As flawed as this show was, the ending actually hit me quite a bit. The final arc in general was pretty good, it feels like another writer took over the series.

rate them

What went wrong with Sonic after S3&K?

OVA>=CD>>>>>>>>>>>>Hesse

What if Sonic X covered Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006?

left > right > center
CD is always God tier.
Hesse obviously tries to make him look like CD but he still has a distinct modern western look.
The Sonic movie is good but they look kinda goofy.

>Can I just watch the last 26 episodes and avoid the rest?
Unfortunately not really, some episodes don't need to be watched to appreciate the last 26 episodes but I couldn't tell which. One thing for sure is you need to watch the first 26 episodes + episodes about Shadow The Hedgehog and the last episodes of the first 52 episodes of the show, that's the best I can tell for now.

What's wrong with Hesse?

The President's secretary.

This girl is like 14 Jesus Christ Eggman is a lolicon.

Tails offing Kosmo felt like a reference to MuvLuv. I'm not crazy for thinking this right?

>Eggman is a lolicon.
He should aim lower.

He's good but his style ventures into that Calarts look at times.

I remember being big into Sonic SatAM, the Archie Comics, the games & Sonic X all at various points (X when I saw it on TV a bunch as a young-in, I was like 9 or 10 when I got big into SatAM and the comics, and my infatuation with them/the games were off and on all the way till I was like 11 or 12).

While I've since gone through much less interested waves of checking out/trying to appreciate some of the games/the comics I used to love, I can't help but shake the idea that Sonic as a franchise and fandom in sum total, has to be one of the cringiest things to exist, ever.

>Toei

How the mighty have fallen. Then again, budget focused into a couple of minutes is an unfair comparison I suppose.

Damn shame we never got anything else on par with the Movie.

Sonic Heroes is good.

I mean, Toei still does great work with their original properties *Precure* - but their adaptational stuff has been historically terrible though iconic, all the way back to Dragon Ball.

ON A SUNDAY RIDING MY BIKE

I NOTICE, I NOTICE

>Chris gets turned into a kid again when he's an adult

That made me mad even as a kid

SEGA actively refuses to acknowledge it for some reason. I got ahold of the composer and asked him if he could release the OST, but he said he had to "talk it over" first. I take that to mean he had to ask SEGA for permission and they said no. I never heard anything back from him.

What's wrong with Sega and Sonic?

Sonic CD Sonic does looks a little DBZ'ish.

That was only for the 4kids version, right? It made no fucking sense whatsoever. Especially when Eggman tried to kill Chris in the first few episodes.

>Can I just watch the last 26 episodes and avoid the rest?
If you've played the Sonic Adventure games then yes. You'll miss a few details but nothing major.

The ending still sticks with me.

They're all great. That's how Sonic is supposed to look. Even the new games can't get his classic look right.

Sonic Team went with a modern reinvention for the Adventure games. And it was successful at the time, but the modern design isn't as timeless as the classic.

Every franchise has a terrible fanbase. All of them. Some are just bigger and louder than others. Honestly, it's mostly Sega's own fault for not keeping a tight enough leash on their icon's quality. Nintendo did a much better job with Mario.

I'm still upset we never got a full OST for the OVA.

it fits tho.

Fan autism and changing times aside. Sonic was genuinely considered a cool motherfucker in the 90s.

DIFFERENT THINGS THAT LOOK ALIKE

>what's wrong with SEGA?

The only thing western cartoon styles fit into is a dumpster.

Now I regret not finishing Sonic X when sthg watched it. I gave up when they blew through the adventure games in about four episodes.

Fucking this

Sonic X needed moments where the animators just flexed. Speed is arguably the coolest thing to see in animation, but Sonic never felt fast in Sonic X. The OVA and CD cutscenes had this sense of speed that should be in anything Sonic.

I was extremely disappointed that we didn't actually get to see Knuckles beat the shit out of Rouge.

>youtu.be/kSzE0yJZUVk

There are some moments but they’re few and far between, especially in the third season where the QUALITY was amped up to 11

Great now Youtube is suggesting Sonamy videos to me.

Which has more quality, Sonic X or Sonic Underground?

Sonic the Hedgehod (SatAM)

Also pic related

but the comics WERE good

We're approaching the danger zone with characters like that.

SatAM>OVA=Boom>AostH>X>literal shit>Underground

Yardley (the artist of pic) cool though. He's one of the reasons the comic started being good again.
The actual character and her creator however, is a different story.

I mean, I agree sorta - in hindsight I remember having great memories with those comics. But still, it's surreal but I'm about a decade removed now from when I was super into those comics, (a bit less since I was last nuts about Sonic period) and I dunno, even with nostalgia glasses on, I just feel this really uncomfortable cringe factor lurking in the background whenever I dwell too long on Sonic lol

Yeah, I never went too in-depth with the circumstances but I remember it sounded like the "creator" of all the Echnida lore went REALLY off the fucking deep end. Thankfully all my first-hand experience with that stuff was long after that guy was gone, around the period that art style was being used. When I was reading monthly (and that Sonic Universe side comic! circa 2009) I can remember following a saga about Enerjak, the fall of Eggman's Empire, (of course temporarily lol) the Rise & Fall of the Iron Dominion, the Death Egg again I think & some other cool stuff before I tuned out. Actually, thinking back, I really did love all that mobius lore.

Step aside. Real kino coming through.

>just tell me that you love me

*blocks your path*

plz dont

I genuinely like the OVA.

I think most of the credit goes to Crush 40 for that. Their songs are far too catchy, even for games like Sonic & the Black Knight and Shadow the Hedgehog.

>Shadow the Hedgehog the video game is almost 13 years old

Fuck me, it feels like only yesterday I was poking fun at how retarded it seemed.

Sonic Underground by far