Pop Team Epic

Why is Mike Haggar the mayor of New York?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_67lqyQcBfg
youtube.com/watch?v=OvDziPMbbfI
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-01-10/even-pop-team-epic-anime-series-director-struggles-to-understand-it/.126174
danbooru.donmai.us/pools/3050
blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/02/16/pop-team-epic-interview-with-producer-kotaro-sudo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>New York
He's MAYOR OF EARTH

What a reference, I booted up my old SNES copy of Final Fight the other day. I'm gonna stop being a stupid hipster contrarian and watch this show now.

Newfag spotted

Did his young version have Ryo's VA from Devilman Crybaby? The Engrish was just as bad

How would he make America great again?

[Spoiler]Besides piledriving and suplexing everything in sight.[/spoiler]

Good question. Last time i checked, he was the president of the USA.

Yes

Yep, same VA; Ayumu Murase

>Tfw the ideal male is a white FRENCH man, while anglos are deligated to "obese retards"
Best anime ever, not only do they tell off Anglofags, but they follow up with dicksucking of the real franko race!

dubs when?

I can smell you from here, Pierre.

k so i have a question. what kind of accent or way to speak or whatever is the one the mayor has on the second half?

Show me a pro anglo skit, i fucking dare you. While this frankoboy has been stared in like every show. Sorry "lad", Big Ben don't impress glorious nippon anymore.

Not sure but I think it's Okinawan. It almost doesn't sound Japanese.

>Haggar

Is that pronounced Hagger or Haygar?

Is this yuri?

There is no way this is a reference to Cable from the Robocop TV show, right? Surely it's just a reference to Detroit being full of blacks?

I don't understand the joke about the singers talking at the start of the ED
what are they complaining about?

He said sata andagi, so probably.

Good filename

>Joseph (Boy) B: Shino Shimoji

Is this a mother fucking final fantasy xv reference?

Freddy?

>detroit

they are saying the voice actor pairs they chose for every episode are obviously piggybacking off the success of other shows.

Somebody should upload the hidive version to nyaa.

I fucking laughed at the "mad hater" joke

>No one caught the Jojo reference

Pipimi says "toutomi" and "Toutomi(a pun for Toyotomi) Hideyoshi" in Japanese.
Toutomi is a combination of toutoi(venerable) and the suffix -mi(-ishness), but -mi isn't normally used like this and you can think toutoi means "moe with worship" as an otaku term in this case including the usage of -mi.
I think "yas kween" isn't bad but "Lawd Hideyoshi" isn't so funny.

Can they afford Nakata?

but who is the one piggybacking? Does appearing in PTE promote the other shows somehow, or is PTE piggybacking off of the other shows by using their VAs? Do they even promote the VAs ahead of time?

youtube.com/watch?v=_67lqyQcBfg

That FFXV reference fucking killed me

The AE86 is a car that trains the driver.

what is this referencing?

Teen Titans

>Noct and Gladio
Obviously.

The reason why "And the earth" is added may be a reference to Journey to the Center of the Earth(mainly the attraction)

Okinawan Japanese sounds like somebody stuck Japanese and Korean into a blender and called it a day.

>but who is the one piggybacking?
PTE, duh.

PTE already existed back in the 1960s. Steamboat Willy concept was literally copied from them

No? I swear that was a reference to a very old arcade machine where you select a bunch of zany muscular characters you can arm wrestle with.
youtube.com/watch?v=OvDziPMbbfI

>LPer

Part 5 confirmed

This is the all female Ghostbusters we need.

what genre of the bgm was used during the ff15 reference? i fucking liked that holy shit why dont we have more of those chill music?

This guy looks an awful lot like Trump.

>no pompadour pipimi
this episode gets a 0/10

But all blonde gaijin in suits look like Trump.

What a POWERFUL image

>Masahiro Ito
That Masahiro Ito?
>Guilty Gear tournament hoax
What

>this was voiced by some e-celeb

truly a shitty anime

PTE episode where the seiyuus are 4kids english dub VAs when?

good episode

all the americans look like fucking creaturas lol

the guy who discovered kizuna was the mayor???

>Save with me

Pretty sure it was a 2 for one, and dark specks there was the one you wrestled after specks that would record your strength for a high score

>Arm Wrestler 1

The hell are you talking about? Clearly the ideal man is Hellshake Yano!

There was a guy that faked that he won an overseas Guilty Gear tournament and then got interviewed on TV (maybe internet?) only for everyone to find out it wasn't real

oh

I was told this anime stopped referencing on episode 2. So that was just a lie huh?

Whoever told you that just stopped getting the references on episode 2.

When is Hagar going to put a shirt on

When you stop being a little bitch.

This killed me

Nigga, that arcade is on the cinema lobby I go to, never thought it was referring that

I thought he was a lot better here.

I like TL Notes but I fucking despise spoonfeeding subs like this one, so I'm partially glad for the Crunchyshit even if they're the reason we can't have good things.

does anyone have the new va chart for this episode? I wasn't able to watch it yesterday so I missed the thread and fireden is shitting the bed

I've been lagging behind on this show, so I was surprised to be checking out twitter and seeing pics of this

haha, yes

>pipimi voiced by shinji
TOPSIES REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Popuko (aka Prompto) is being a useless fuck while everybody else does the actual work
Sounds about right.

Anyone else get the feeling French animator-kun is just desperately trying to get by and that he doesn't really know what the fuck he's doing with his segments
They're still great though

I think he's just happy to get paid.

this

True art is born from desperation user, hes like a new Anno

That's the whole joke. He doesn't know anything about Poptepipic, but they told him to make stuff for it anyway.

how cruel.

Japanese bullying is harsh

>He doesn't know anything about Poptepipic
Even the director himself is so
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-01-10/even-pop-team-epic-anime-series-director-struggles-to-understand-it/.126174

It's the blind leading the blind.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bkub knew about it

danbooru.donmai.us/pools/3050
Relevant.

blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/02/16/pop-team-epic-interview-with-producer-kotaro-sudo/

>He doesn’t speak Japanese, and communicates at work with English, so Kamikaze Douga said, “Wouldn’t it be funny if we gave him the manga and let him do as he pleased?” So we ended up going with that suggestion. Since he doesn’t understand Japanese, he made the segment by looking at the art and imagining what was going on. That’s why it ignores the canon and has Popuko and Pipimi going to Paris, and makes self-deprecating French jokes. Also, he creates those as a one-man team, which is why it’s animated more like a Western cartoon. We also hired French voice actresses, so the footage is sent over there for voice-over recording. I was shocked to hear how much it actually cost to do all that… (laughs).

Why.