Is Water 7 saga the pinnacle of One Piece?

Is Water 7 saga the pinnacle of One Piece?

yes.

Watching it for the first time now and it's underwhelming. The Water 7 part was boring af. Hopefully Enies Lobby lives up to the hype.

I wasn't too impressed with it at the time, but after reading some of the post TS arcs, I appreciate it a lot more.

Water 7 into Enies Lobby is still my favorite arc. So much character development, good writing, great art and good world building.
I still loved Thriller Bark and more or less everything after it, but yes EL is still the pinnacle imo.

>I cried twice
>Best nakama introduced
>Lots of backstory and stuff

Great arc. Skypeia, Thriller Bark and Whole Cake are my other favourites.

I prefer Skypia but Water 7 is where I started following one piece week to week so it has a special place in my heart. Dope fights best nakama gets her full arc and great lore building. easily a 9/10

>watching a manga
?

Water 7/Enies Lobby was the peak of One Piece writing, but Marineford War was the climax. I've always felt like that's the reason why post timeskip One Piece just never felt as good; the story's bearings were already blown in what felt like a climax and now there's not much left to speculate except what "One Piece" is.

>Nothing to speculate but the most important thing
Okay user.

You're missing the point. Yes, "One Piece", is incredibly important and the core of the story, but only in the end. Despite the joke about "One Piece" being "the journey", it's true. The entirety of One Piece has really been about the voyage, making whatever "One Piece" is (Whatever the fuck Oda decides it is), completely pointless for the most part. Another problem is it could be fucking anything and we've been giving little to no information on what it could be. We can take potshots at what we think it is, maybe friendship, a picture, that all blue theory, but really it doesn't matter that much.

Ussop vs Luffy was the best fight in the series

Impel Down is the best arc, with Enies Lobby a close second.

Impel Down is the arc that one piece truly needed. It is the arc that made it clear why the straw hats follow Luffy. Without them, Luffy had no one to dick ride him and so he had to prove it to the reader. The cast of side villains for that arc also made it feel tense because there was actually a possibility that they won't survive the escape.

This. And it was wasn’t needlessly dragged out to be more epic.

It's definitely a high point in one piece battles,
with all the cp9 fights and all.
Not to mention
>robin at her emotional peak
>emotional baggage with usopp
>zoro losing a sword as a sidenote
>franky's introduction and backstory woven naturally into the plot as a supplement to robin's
>absolute extent of luffy's loyalty and morals
granted it's obvious luffy wouldn't hesitate,
but seeing him go this far the first time really makes his character shine.

>things actually happened and development occurred
No wonder it was good. Now we're just going through the motions watching Luffy defeat whoever stands before him until Oda tells us what "One Piece" is.

water 7/enies lobby is the emotional peak of the series for sure

>franky and tom's workers backstory
>CP9 reveal
>merry dying
>merry talking
>massive usopp character development
>usopp vs luffy
>robin's mystery revealed

absolutely

post favorite one piece scenes

This, and then it goes into Impel Down/Marineford immediately to tie everything up with Luffy with one giant climax battle. Timeskip One Piece feels so pointless and predictable.

the cast is too big post-timeskip.

would have been much better to have the Strawhats still divided for most of it, split off into smaller units, uniting for the third act of the whole story as they finally head for one piece itself.

GUM GUUUUUUM RECAP!