Why do people not like Mari?

Why do people not like Mari?

Dumb, tacked on waifu. Feels out of place in every scene. She's the Marie of NGE.

best girl of the series

Because why should I?

she's annoying and feels out of place :/

The people working on rebuild don't like Mari. Why we should?

Fanservice the character.

I don't know. Maybe because she's the Marie of Eva?

I'm still brewing several theories on my own, the must fun one implies that she was made like that for a reason, as a warning, and is too late now.

Yes, I'm a waifufag, only for Mari!

Zero-dimensional plot device with horribad design. Don't tell me you can't see that.

>Even her creator felt she was a mistake
Well this is kind of sad.

Just so I'm clear, where is this Marie from everyone refers to?

They forgot how to create characters with realistic psychological issues.

I keep forgetting she's even a character.

Persona 4 Golden.

Wow, she really is the Marie of NGE...

Thx user

i assume the little girl.

Mari had a better story in earlier version of 2.0

She piloted Unit 2 against the angel while falling. Asuka arrived later with kaji by plane and meet up with everyone at a train depot next to the airport. Asuka calls her support fire and is the main pilot with Mari being a backup. Mari is chosen over Asuka during falling angel attack due to higher sync rate. Asuka devastated NGE style with flashbacks to backstory/tragedies. Asuka Jumps at chance to pilot 03, Mari interacts with the characters and convinces shinji to fight by kissing him. She is a female Kaworu according to staff.

However at last minute changes, the story was altered and everything was changed. into 2.0

Soo last minute that they even had voice actors in pre animated content created,

She is the best girl in RoE. Only tryhards refuse her.

She had the potential to be an interesting new addition, but they let it go to waste and now she's nothing more than an extra pilot, which makes me wish they hadn't bothered introducing her and had just given Toji a larger role.

I love Ramiel-chan's lack of any unnecessary curves.