Studio Pierrot

Can we talk about how they are unable to make a good anime adaptation out of an existing manga?

>Naruto
220 episodes of Naruto were aired. With a total of 94 reported filler episodes, Naruto has a filler percentage of 43%.
>Naruto Shippuden
500 episodes of Naruto Shippuden were aired. With a total of 221 reported filler episodes, Naruto Shippuden has a filler percentage of 44%.
>Bleach
366 episodes of Bleach were aired. With a total of 166 reported filler episodes, Bleach has a filler percentage of 45%.
>Great Teacher Onizuka
43 episodes of Great Teacher Onizuka were aired. With a total of 8 reported filler episodes, Great Teacher Onizuka has a filler percentage of 19%, but it has an anime-original ending.
>Tokyo Ghoul
With a total of 12 reported filler episodes, Tokyo Ghoul has a filler percentage of 50% and it highly deviates from the manga.

Can someone tell me what Studio Pierrot did right? Yuu Yuu Hakusho is probably their only good anime adaptation of an existing manga.

Ah the meme that Pierrot sucks, and Madhouse and Bones can't do nothing wrong while IG and Sunrise continues to be irrelevant.

How does it feel to finally have bare-minimum knowlege about animation studios?

>Tokyo Ghoul
>50%
Really?

>How does it feel to finally have bare-minimum knowledge about animation studios?
Enlighten me then, Black Clover isn't a proper adaptation either.

>With a total of 12 reported filler episodes
Because it deviates from the manga? Wasn't that Ishida's choice?

The first season of Tokyo Ghoul was good.

The entire second season yes

Osomatsu-san

>bones
Sorry but bones is doing every thing wrong now. The last great series they animated was soul eater

>good anime adaptation
Ok but since when did the percentage of a show being filler make or break an adaption?

If you don't want to watch 94 episodes of Naruto filler then skip 136-219. They're usually isolated from the main story so the pacing doesn't turn to shit tier during important moments like Dragonball and One Piece.

My only issue with them is how they messed up Tokyo Ghoul, I've actually enjoyed their other stuff, I understand why Bleach fans are pissed considering the anime never finished but it's just stupid how much hate the studio gets.

There were drafts Ishida done to help Root A fit in to :re but unfortunately I think due to the constraint of 12 episodes they ended up butchering it and ignoring a lot of Ishida's ideas and it's glaringly obvious there was meant to be more but instead it ended up rushed and incoherent, unable to fit into :re.

With GTO they had to come up with their own ending. And the adaptation is godly otherwise.

You're taking "animefillerlist" numbers which (at least for Bleach) counts some episode adapted from canon chapters as fillers, just because they were side-stories. Do your own research sometimes.

It's actually better from ep 14 onwards if you like shounenshit

>What is Urusei Yatsura and Yuu Yuu Hakusho?

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, Midori no Hibi, Osomatsu-san, Hikaru no Go, Tokyo Mew Mew, Baby Steps, Kingdom, Shirokuma Cafe, Yume-iro Patissiere, Urusei Yatsura, Kimagure Orange Road, Sugar Sugar Rune, Super GALS! Kotobuki Ran, Akachan to Boku and Clamp Gakuen Tanteidan are great.

Only people that haven't watched Sailor Moon properly will complain about filler. Filler can be much better than the main story if you have a passionate staff.

And didn't Studio Pierrot have some of the best animators in the industry working for them time in time off? Can't bear watching Naruto, though.

True. Fillers are often a lot better than the main story.

Have you even watched half of the series OP listed? The fillers were sub par at fucking best.

I enjoyed most of the naruto fillers, they felt comfy and less tension.

>"how does adapting an on-going manga work?" - the OP

Ah the meme about Pierrot being good and pretending to be an anime connoisseur while bringing no actual argument

5 minutes

>forgetting the travesty that is Beelzebub anime

>Wasn't that Ishida's choice?
They butchered his work and made some scenes in (like Kaneki teaching Naki how to write kanji). The second season was a mess and the animation god awful as expected from Pierrot. He even tweeted how disappointed he was but quickly deleted the tweet to avoid controversy.