FMA 2003

>4 episodes in and already filler
What went so terribly wrong? Should I just read the mango instead?

Yes.

Why complain about filler if you haven't read the manga filthy secondary newfag

>:
FMA 2003 is trash watch brotherhood instead

this

I heard that Ed's arm wasn't actually shown before this point in the manga. Was I misinformed or was that true? How the fuck did they do it?

man,Violet Evergarden is looking good i see.

The manga's the best FMA media out there, so yeah.

>he can't tell filler at first glance

I don't like its overabundance of unnatural colors. Feels like cheap manipulative tricks done by rookie directors.

>Complaining about filler in an original adaptation

Exactly, one quarter of the show is filler.

>watching Brotherhood instead of reading the manga

Kill yourself.

>Fullmetal Alchemist has a very high filler percentage of 63%.
What are you calling one quarter?

>Feels like cheap manipulative tricks done by rookie directors
Brotherhood director never directed a show before that and is actually an animation director, you can easily tell because his storytelling skills are absolutely ass, brotherhood has garbage editing, and he only seems to understand animation and pretty visuals, which was his job.

1 episode out of 4 is filler in 2003, that's about one cour long of shit to axe, no idea how deep you went into your ass to come up with this nonsense percentage.

> How the fuck did they do it?
He wears long-sleeved coat and gloves, mate.

I meant in terms of where the manga starts.

Like, in-setting? Or what?

As the readers, we don't know he has a metal arm, since throughout the manga at that point, we never see him without his coats and gloves, and in-setting, a good number of people do know, but at that point in the manga, we as readers are only presented with characters who are unaware of the fact.

FMA is overrated mediocre garbage no matter what medium/version you're consuming it in.
Never understood the hype.

As long as it's entertaining why does it even matter?

It's like a b-movie. If you can't understand how solid it performs then I ponder what you do think of as good

I guess so. I'll watch the filler for now. It's enjoyable.

03 has such a substantial change the own workings of the setting you can't really just call it filler, it's more like world building fluff for this particular adaptation since 03's world is a bit different than the manga/brotherhood.

FMA has some good filler but most are just lame drama stuff about a bunch of nobodies.

2003 tell the canon story better than Brother's condensed first few episodes.

First 1r episodes are semi-episodic, though most have lasting consequence. Then you have shit like eps 4 and 10.