Serial Experiments Lain

So, what the hell was happening to her???

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_d-dRXi05s
youtube.com/watch?v=TkXzOlytPME
laingame.net/
laingame.net/index.php?id=57
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the knights fucked her brain and she was a plant used to blow up lain's room

Was her trapped in the wired?

beep beep beeeppepp

Yeah, Lain characters were fucking ugly indeed. Haibane Renmei was so much better

Her call could not be connected, please check the number and try again.

Someone was phone.

>Mika.png
Who the hell remembers SE Lain's character names aside from Arisu

too bad the plot was hack

you dont remember Eiri?

No, Haibane Renmei was better than Lain in every aspect. It wasn't so mindfucking though

angel beats was better than HR

Haven't watched it but it looks like Code Geass-tier garbage for normies so I probably won't

Hahaha. Renmei fags need to kill themselves and become angels so Lainfags can discuss anime without retardation clogging up the thread.

what was the point of this video?
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_d-dRXi05s

>a good, heartwarming show
vs
>muh 2deep4you computer shit not a single Lain fan understands but pretends to like

The scene on the left is early on in episode 5, while the scene on the right happens later during Mika's mindbreak adventure into the eldritch abyss of the internet or whatever. Comparing the scenes side-by-side is necessary to understand ANYTHING that's happening in the Mika scene, and it becomes apparent that Mika is actually in the same location at the same time as Lain was earlier in the episode, the difference of course being that Lain was in the "real world" while Mika was in the "internet world", which of course in this series the two worlds are closely overlapping and the borders separating them become ever thinner.

>LoudWaffle
yeah thanks, i know how to read comments

then why ask lmao
Lain is one of those shows that just doesn't seem worth reading into, its more obscure than it is worth

I didn't find that explanation really comprehensible XD

Finished it a few days ago.
Didn't make sense to me for the most part until the fact that you can spawn a physical body into reality, which made my previous theories click.
Also is window in Lain's room a plato cave reference?

Has anyone ever played it?
youtube.com/watch?v=TkXzOlytPME

Lain has much better directing and its themes are more interesting, the plot much more complex (not an inherent strength, but still) and the surreal presentation is overall a treat.

Haibane is one of the most organic depictions of guilt in the medium and projects its themes of self-realized forgiveness and redemption onto the viewer through tone, environment and atmosphere.

Both are great shows, and even if I personally prefer Haibane there is absolutely no way I'm gonna trash something as good as Lain for all that.

PRESENT DAY

yes, it's one fuck of a trip
it takes place in a different universe

You don't remember Touko?
She's pretty much second protagonist

Only if this counts
laingame.net/
Listening to hours of recordings was never this fun

My god she's like a mixer of Sup Forums and Sup Forums as one, I love this version of Lain!

>Listening
it is all voiced?

She is high as fuck.

This
laingame.net/index.php?id=57
Is pretty much how most of the things outside of cutscenes play
Rest is switching betwen sites and keeping track of things you unlocked if you aren't playing on PS

>Lain has much better directing
>surreal presentation is overall a treat