I just finished this movie and it was legitimately the best thing I've ever watched...

I just finished this movie and it was legitimately the best thing I've ever watched. The feeling of "post series depression" hit me like a truck because I realized that I'll never watch anything as good. How do you all deal with post series depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VFjAS6yQhjU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's just ok.
Watch it again with a more critical lens and you'll see that beyond the visuals it's sub-par.
>inb4 "stop liking things i don't like!"

>legitimately the best thing I've ever watched
This has to be bait. Nobody could be this much of a fucking pleb.

I've admittedly haven't watched much anime as I've stayed away from anything without fighting. I only watched Your name. because it was so highly rated. If this movie wasn't so great, what would you two consider to be great?

Koe no Katachi

Post series depression?
I only got that feeling after completing sonic colours wii

zen zen zense kara boku wa

>How do you all deal with post series depression?
I usually kill myself.

Does Koe no Katachi have a happy ending? I literally teared up from the trailer

>teared up from the trailer
nigga what

I hope you're not serious. The movie was completely fucked up over half the things that made the mange good. That bitch with her braided her is the best example of this, her actions in the movie make no sense whatsoever.
That and of course the fucking chromatic vomit filter. Last but not least I found the music incredibly unfitting, the scene where the mother starts fighting with that girl is a good example of where I found the music to be giving more of a strange goofy mood rather than a serious undertone, completely destroying the scene.
Seriously, go read the manga if you think that movie was at all good.
Not the guy you replied to.

It's one thing to acknowledge YN's flaws and another to say it's subpar
Why does Sup Forums do this? Something is either a masterpiece or it's outright bad

don't worry about the faggots who call KNNW trash, they're mostly edgelord EVAfags or shitposting kyoanifags who try to shill koe no katachi

>the scene where the mother starts fighting with that girl is a good example of where I found the music to be giving more of a strange goofy mood rather than a serious undertone, completely destroying the scene.
You literally didn't understand the scene. Congratulations.
btw I read the manga and it was meh as fuck

seeing her bullied made me feel sad

>condensing a 50 chapter manga into two hours, skip most of the development and rationale behind character actions, shit on half of the themes of the original story to animate extra cute girlz omg!!!
you're right, the original is meh, but the movie is just outright garbage

>You literally didn't understand the scene. Congratulations
Please, enlighten me. Make sure to point out how it was meant to be goofy and strange rather than serious and fucked up.
There's also no way you read the manga and think it's meh while thinking this movie is good. The only thing the movie did right was scrapping the retarded forced film making group plot device.

well if you watch it you'll find out that she's an "oh woe is me" little shit who thinks she did nothing wrong, obviously doesn't mean she deserved to be bullied but it's not wholly unjustified either.

not op, but i watched koe no katachi before your name. and desu it's nowhere as good.
your name was much more satisfying to watch in terms of conclusions, music and visuals.
i liked koe no katachi too, but it just wasn't as good
still cried during both

Still better than kimi no na wa

>Make sure to point out how it was meant to be goofy and strange rather than serious and fucked up.
It was a scene of relief. Not fucked up or goofy. The ENTIRE movie was about speaking your true feelings and listening to other people's voices. The OST that played during the scene reflects that. The sound narrative is half of the movie.
Why do you think they played a soothing tune when Shouko and Ishida got into a fight? Because they were finally communicating and expressing themselves.

interesting
Did it end happily?

>it's another "Your Name thread gets derailed with Koe no Katachi" episode
Why does KnK always come up in these threads, holy shit. I get that the two movies were released in the same year but surely there were other anime movies around the same time you could compare Your Name to. Why is it always KnK?

What does it mean to look at anime with critical lens?

open to interpretation, but looks like it, yeah.

yes, the male MC is best

I said sub-par, not outright bad.
I personally enjoyed it but I can acknowledge that it's not very good.
(Even the creator was disappointed)

let's be fucking honest here, shinkai's just sad he didn't get to use his tragic melodrama endings for once

>(Even the creator was disappointed)
I think that statement was partly damage control to stave off some of the critics
IIRC he also said he was alarmed at how popular it got and told people to stop watching

>(Even the creator was disappointed)
He also praised Koe no Katachi and personally shilled for it

Look at that shit and dare tell me this music is fitting.
youtube.com/watch?v=VFjAS6yQhjU
Maybe after the 1 minute mark, yes, it gets to "relieving", but before that it's just a complete incoherent mess of sounds that make for a goofy skit.

they are the two most popular from around that time and are both also not sequels. They also share similar genres. I wouldn't see the point comparing them to girls and panzer or kizumonogatiri for example.

I've seen the movie three times. It fits just fine.
>it's just a complete incoherent mess of sounds
When there is a miscommunication in the movie, the sounds become distorted and disjointed. Like I said, the sounds are half the movie. Listen to the OST when Shouko and Ishida go to the art museum together. They seem more or less fine but the OST is heavily muffled and melancholic, signalling that there is something that they aren't telling each other (which leads to Shouko's suicide attempt).
The OST itself tells the true story of KnK, not what you see on screen.

>grasping at straws that are abstract enough so that you cannot be proved wrong
sasuga, kyoanusfag. a soundtrack cannot singlehandedly make something good.

Ok, we can say the music is a matter of taste then, it still doesn't explain however how you could think the movie was even close to what the manga did.
Like you said that "I didn't get that scene", I'm here going to call you out for not getting the entirety of the manga. Either you didn't fucking read it (which I'm honestly 95% sure about at this point) or you are too retarded to pick up on all the actual character development and all the character's motives, which were pretty much all cut in the movie.

>the OST is heavily muffled and melancholic
>signalling there is something they aren't telling each other

Well I've got great news for you OP!
You will get to watch something as good again, in fact it'll probably be even better. Stay tuned for the live-action adaptation of "Your Name" by JJ Abrams coming to a theater near you in 2019.

>live-action adaptation of "Your Name" by JJ Abrams
KILL IT
KILL IT WITH FIRE

It's actually a reoccuring thing in the movie.
Ushio's specialty is actually electronic music, and you know where it ONLY shows up in the movie? When Ishida is walking through the halls and covers his ears, of course heavily distorted and unnatural.
There's also heavy distortions during grandma's funeral when the whole family goes off to grieve by themselves, and during Shouko's suicide attempt.
And you wanna know where it is the most clear and distinct? At the end, when Ishida and Shouko meet up for the festival after

>for the festival after
after talking things out on the bridge*

>You are supposed to know the specialities of the directors to actually enjoy it
>all this retarded extrapolation from nothing
this doesn't make the story any better, you fucking kyoani dick sucker

>Ushio
>director
wew lad