Is anyone excited for it? Ya think it's gonna be good or is it gonna suck?

Is anyone excited for it? Ya think it's gonna be good or is it gonna suck?

Or is no one giving a shit cause they don't know what is a saint seiya.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arete_(moral_virtue)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most anime Netflix makes is good, with few exceptions like VEG which isn't.

I look at it this way: Nips had repeated chances to continue the franchise and they fucking blew it. Legend of Sanctuary, Omega (Though I kinda like the ending of season 1, once the got through all the nuGold bullshit), Saintia Sho. Fuck, even the original author wrote a gaiden in which he pisses over his own continuity and can't keep it straight.

Maybe the burgers can remove some of the autism from the characterization, age the characters to be like the anime's first arc. Land of the Lustrous looked pretty okay to me, for a CG animation - though I only watched like one episode and didn't like the story. Maybe they'll give us a fresh way to animate SS, since Japan is out of ideas and keeps trying to replicate Shingo Araki's style, disregarding the fact that they cannot grasp what made it good.

I HOPE it's good. But it's a coin toss, really.

Poor spic's Ronin Warriors.

My brazilian and hispanic friends are looking forward to it at least. This is the one Jump property that could have easily hit it big if they marketed it correctly.

Saint Seiya always sucks. Perhaps the worstly written shonenshit ever.

Ronin Warriors was fucking garbage.

To be honest I only know SS from Jump Ultimate Stars

If it´s CGI it´s gonna be shit because you just can´t do those riddiculous stretches and deformations on CGI. Not to mention that with Tv budgets CGI animations usually have no weight like on Berserk. That´s fucking disgracefull.

Now if they make it on a more traditional animation it might work. The original had too much filler anyways...

To be fair, I wouldn't know how to handle Saint Seiya. The source material is kind of ass, and the real strength of the franchise was Toei's original TV run, which was a masterpiece of technique. I think you need a similar technical achievement (which is actually possible with Netflix money) or you have to change the source material to something more acceptable to modern audiences. Something that doesn't make people write "asspull" in every sentence they write about the show.

You can´t do SS without asspulls though... the whole show is about those shit weak saints that suddenly out of fucking nowhere get enough power to defeat the powerful ones.

That´s just bad writting but it was enjoyable 30 years ago.

It wasn't until the twelve temples arc, though. People cream their pants over that because everyone's got a zodiac sign and they want their character to be strong, but there's some great material in the series previous to that.
The problkem is that the author introduced foes that were suddenly ridiculously more powerful and made everyone's source of power completely abstract and separate from physical training. So if you're put in a life or death situation and rush-achieve illumination, you could go toe to toe with them, at least momentarily.
It may've worked one, but making it happen everytime afterwards was lazy.

All the arcs after sanctuary are like that. Athena is in danger and the saints push their limits to save her. It was lazy writting but we would excuse because the fights where awesome by the time and considering the rest of the options.

The context is different now so that just won´t work and yet, if they do something completely different the audiences will rant because it´s nothing like the original. It just can´t win.

But anyways... they show did that way before that arc though. It was what the show was about. The first fight, Seiya vs Casios, Seiya shows the power of cosmos and wins.

Then Shina kicks Seiya´s ass till he shows that power AGAIN. He only got relatively cleaver when he fought Shiryu but by the time they reach Ikki they had already played the "power of friendship" card.

Then there is the silver saints arc where Saiya does it again but because he though Marin was his sister. And then he is just saved by sagitarius cloth... so yeah, the show is always been pretty much that.

Back in the day it worked and just fine and we liked it but these days i don´t know if that´s gonna work, not even with nostalgia googles on.

They should skip the Galaxian Wars.

To be honest, even if the Sanctuary Arc is one of the best anime arcs of all time, I'm not willing to watch it for the 100th time.

>Then Shina kicks Seiya´s ass till he shows that power AGAIN.
Completely untrue. Seiya doesn't fight Shaina because he is subconsciously held back by the belief that a man cannot strike a woman (This is outright stated. The 80s were a different time). When the mooks try to take over, he just blows them the fuck out and splits Shaina's mask, but never attacks her. In that point in the story the main cast were either equals or stronger than their foes. In the manga, they are even on par with Silver saints, while in the anime they struggle a bit.

Unless they have movie budget(which they won't) the CGI will look absolute shit.

You can excuse CG not being top notch if you're engaged, but like in your movie, not even expensive CG will make up for a story that's dogshit.
What is with the japanese approach to adaptation's being "Cram in as many iconic moments from the source material as you can, even when it doesn't make sense"? The script for LoS was a complete mess.

It was so good, bleach ripped it off to a tee and made bleach into a household name.

>"Cram in as many iconic moments from the source material as you can, even when it doesn't make sense"
It was a cashgrab movie. That was the goal. The people at Toei don't really have a soul anymore.

>Ronin Warriors.
1. dont call us spic you fucking nigger
2. saint sieya might be overrated, but it´s light years ahead of your nigger warriors.

Right... IDK how they are gonna pull that off on 2018 jajaja. Seiya should totally have dedicated his life to find his sister and fuck Shina instead of fighting for Athena.

isnt it cgi which means it'll run at a weird frame rate and all herky jerky at times

That movie was shit even with budget... I just can´t forget Death Mask song and the fucking Anubis. WTF was an Anubis even doing there? Let alone a mecha Anubis...

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arete_(moral_virtue)

I want to think it's gonna be good, but Netflix