Which were the "strongest" scenes in Dragon Ball Z?

Which were the "strongest" scenes in Dragon Ball Z?

In my opinion this is one of them

>freezer has just killed vegeta, krillin and several thousand namekians

>goku has just become supersaiyan

>freezer hates goku with a passion and he ends up cut in half

I think it's the most "serious" scene

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DEeIyJvwTKg
youtube.com/watch?v=8YdWnIZ40vk
youtube.com/watch?v=tum1P5jm_so
youtube.com/watch?v=JmW4dB7BaBg
youtube.com/watch?v=hVnV4uuOTRE#t=26m30s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unfortunately this is when DB turned for the worse and became a giant powercreep trainwreck

Yeah, this is where the show should have ended.

Freeza honestly came around too soon

>power creep
>creep
Nigga, they ain't even creeping, motherfucking goku is legit GOD STATUS.

Actually it was already becoming that with the Picolo Jr. saga, which wouldn't have been that bad if it ended with Goku winning, becoming too damaged to continue career as a fighter, and introducing an offspring character or focusing on adventures of other characters instead, both of which would allow to continue the small scale adventures, interesting fights and lower stake battles that made the series good in the first place. Too bad senzu beans were the first bullshit plot exploit nails in the coffin of the franchise.

Probably Gohan becoming SSJ2

This. Nothing goes harder than Gohan finally going apeshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=DEeIyJvwTKg

Goku should have let freeza bled out

it would show how turning super made goku colder

Is this some sort of fandub? A jokedub or something what the everloving fuck?

english dub of OG dragon ball fucking sucks
that is the main reason americans hate the OG series

FIVE
MINUTES

I’m pretty sure in the manga he wanted to fight him again.

That's the peak, yes. And should've ended the franchise there with main plot.

I like it but solely because the nostalgia is comfy to me. Japdub is so much better though.

yeah it's a good scene. kinda gets ruined like 5 episodes later when he fucking returns and jobs to trunks

He already went apeshit on Namek.

youtube.com/watch?v=8YdWnIZ40vk

Like half of the History of Trunks scenes. The one where Trunks is in front of Gohan's dead body under the rain, he slams the ground and in tears finally transforms into a Super Saiyan, is one of the most memorable scenes in all of Z. Let alone one of the strongest and most serious ones.

Senzu Beans couldn't even heal people when introduced, they just fed you for a day. That was added in later on.

But yeah I agree. Either that, or have Goku retiring after Vegeta's monkey fun crippled him or after getting killed by Raditz.

LOL
Nigga, Roshi blowing up Frying pan mountain was when the power creep started to get crazy as fuck.
Him blowing up the goddamned MOON in that tournament was when things went complete bullshit.
Want to know something else?
DB was shitting the bed in popularity UNTIL it went full power crazy and fightan..
BUH MUH GIF OF PURE MARTIAL ARTS FIGHTAN WITH KRILLIAN!!

Krillian is not and never has been fucking popular you faggots!

Goku pitying Frieza's state and deciding stop fighting is my favorite

>Senzu Beans couldn't even heal people when introduced, they just fed you for a day. That was added in later on.
That's not true in the slightest, that was introduced from the very beginning.

Many agree that Future Trunks timeline is quite fucked up. If they stop making Super and think of returning to doing another series they could go with a Future Trunks spin off, where we actually see how did his arc developed after Cell saga. They'd have to introduce other characters or revisit older ones (we see Android 8 in his arc).

I'd say the strongest moments are all deaths caused by Nappa, that Piccolo's sacrifice for Gohan is rough to watch.

I loved when Cell realized he fucked up.

>they could go with a Future Trunks spin off,
The black arc ruined the marketability of Future Trunks forever user.
Toei is right now forcing the guys who made DBH to unfuck that litteral disaster RIGHT NOW.

Vegeta's sacrifice always gets me, even if he didn't accomplish anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=tum1P5jm_so

Android/ Cell saga was not so bad. The only weak part is the Cell game. Gohan going in full rage is a great scene, but all the fighting and development was incredibly placid.

Anyways Cell saga was a good following part.

I really liked Raditz single-handedly embarrassing the two strongest fighters on Earth.

Him and Goku being killed will always be a tremendously powerful scene in my mind.

Sadly you'll never see bodies and limbs cut in half in super or a modern dragon ball show just faggots getting overpowered and changing hair colors with a new power

Dragon Ball peaked at this moment. Frieza should've been the final villain of the franchise.

Vegeta going Super Saiyan and the ripping android 20 hands was pretty scary. The music, the scenery and Vegeta being a scary guy again.

This, it turns a major aspect of Goku's character on its head, whereas before he'd spare people out of kindness here it felt really cruel

What went wrong

My favorite Kamehamaha at least is when Gohan gives time for Cell to do a full charge one, but Gohan just stares at it, then unleashes his at the last moment.

One of my favorite scenes is when Gohan realizes how much he's immeasurably fucked up, and has lost all his motivation to fight.. only for Goku to gently chide him telepathically and tell him that for all we know, it could have been the best choice.

Yup DBZ Syndrome

but how come americans wank over the original funi dub so much?

because people grew up with it, it's hard to combat nostalgia goggles after so many years with it

the zenkai boost shit was really obnoxious on namek in hindsight. was a really shitty way to make characters lose and then win to the same foe later.

everything after namek is everyone just fucking around not taking shit seriously though

Probably this.
youtube.com/watch?v=JmW4dB7BaBg

You sounds like a spic. I don't give a shit if it was popular. Hell, it could keep the powers, but for gods sake keep martial arts in. That was the coolest part.

I'm honestly struggling to think of series that rebooted with a focus on the next generation that didn't end up being less successful and relevant than their predecessors.

Good things are rarely successful in the short term.

CCS? looking hopeful

>Gohan fucked up when Vegeta got his arm busted and left him crippled

Gohan fucked up when he didn't treat Cell like the dangerous villain he was.

Future Trunks did it right and wiped out 17,18,Cell within like 5 minutes.

Literally was emotionally moved by Goku's progress to final stage of enlightenment and had tears in my eyes.

This finally wraps up the whole story of Goku, which has lasted 34 years.

Trunks fart would kill them. Different situations.

Gohan's fart could have ended Cell, it's the very same situation. Gohan fucked up like the little retard he is, and he does it again with Buu

two different characters, Trunks was literally traumatized by the androids. Gohan was a kid who hated violence, went through trauma and got a power up and that made him arrogant like the brat he was. Go shitpost in the dbs general. He didn't do the same against Buu.

>he didn't do the same against Buu
>I'm here to kill you
>spends the rest of that fight just fucking with him and making him angry instead of taking him out right then and there
Your hero is a fucking retard who you people excuse time and time again

the manga was literally 5 pages of fight, then buu decided to blow himself up.

You could say the same about goku against Kid buu, why he didn't kill him IMMEDIATELY? because its a shonen and fights are no fun if they end like that you fucking mongoloid.

Yeah no shit, retard, but you don't see me excusing Goku or Vegeta's stupidity when they don't murder someone they could have right away. It can be a battle shonen all damn fucking day, but when a character fucks up it's still them fucking up. Gohan fucked up when he didn't kill Cell when he had the chance, and he fucked up again when he didn't kill Cell when he had the chance. Am I saying it would be more entertaining if Gohan showed up, sneezed on Buu and ended everything there? No, but I can still say happily that Gohan fucked up because that's how the story went, Gohan arrived and then fucked up

That image needs a realistic edit with the organs falling out and only being held by some membrane.

Gotenks fucked up by fusing. Shin fucked up by not telling Gohan Buu could absorb people.

Yeah, and Gohan fucked up by not killing Buu when he could have. Everyone in this situation fucked up

The only issue is that there are dragonballs. Then again they never thought of using them to cure Goku of his heart illness either.

Here we go again, gohantards going full AUTISMO

>Android/ Cell saga was not so bad.

Everything that happened in that arc was because the characters were dumb as shit. The only parts I legit liked was Cell's original form and Piccolo's adventures.

>17 was retarded. 17 outright presented his twink ass for Cell to nom when 16 constantly asked them to run.
>The krilldawg destroyed the remote when he should have held onto it in case 18 was about to get nommed.
>Vegeta let Cell absorb 18 because he was an arrogant cunt
>Vegeta allowed Trunks to go for a useless form and wasted his son's potential when he could have used his wisdom to correct Trunks' attempt.
>Bulma took out of 16 the one device that could have killed Cell immediately. Considering Cell's reaction to 16 getting ready to blow himself up, it seemed like such an explosion would have destroyed Cell point blank. Or at least mortally wound him. Bulma could have at least fucking told 16, goddamn.
>Goku sent his son to fight a monster and even gave said monster a full heal to make sure he could give Gohan a whoopin at full strength

>Goku constantly forgot he had instant transmission, and could have probably killed Cell before he even got to his semi-perfect form.
>Goku could have grabbed Cell, instant transmission'd him into space, and popped back onto Earth before Cell could have been able to react.
>Goku gave Cell every advantage he could ever ask for.

No wonder Gohan fucking snapped. He was reacting to all the bullshit happening around him.

I'll never understand why people enjoy the Andorid/Cell saga. Like you said, Piccolo's bits and Imperfect Cell was alright, and I REALLY don't like Cell, but the entire fucking arc was boring and frustrating.

The biggest tragedy was how Android 16 got shafted badly, when he had a lot of potential for character development.

If Gohan had bonded with 16 his death would have had more weight, but overall his existence was the potential for him to do something cool being shafted by the incompetence of others. Like how 17 and 18 refused to listen to him, or how Bulma took out his one trump card without informing him of this.

The Android saga was the best in the series

>Trunks based as fuck introduction
>Vegeta vs 19
>17 and 18 absolutely tearing through the Z Fighters
>Piccolo fusing with Kami
>Piccolo vs 17
>That entire sequence on the island where it felt like Piccolo, 17, 18, 16 and Cell could all believably fight each other
>Tien having the GOAT human moment against Cell

It all went to shit once Vegeta let Cell go perfect

>which wouldn't have been that bad if it ended with Goku winning, becoming too damaged to continue career as a fighter

the least dragonball thing ever.

CHODEforce, assemble!

Cell never should have happened. Should have just been the Androids

fuck you its good

Why couldn't Yamcha be more involved with the later series!
Fucking toriyama

the moment where 18 broke Vegeta's arm, I think it was the first time we saw someone take that kind of damage. Sure there were cut limbs and holes and what not, but never bones breaking

tenshinhan broke yamcha leg.

>Whack your arm in the direction of the joint
>Cries in pain

Fucked up limbs is common in Dragon Ball.

who is stronger. Yamcha and Krillin

>instant transmission
this makes it really hard to write a good DB story

Let's discuss how stupid the blanco storyline is.

Gohan goes Blanco and beats Jiren. Red Shaggy beats up Gohan leading to Shaggy going blanco. EGP reveals he is evil and commands memes to kill everyone.

OK let's start first off nothing is stronger than Zeno. Grand Priest could kill every angel by farting meaning no asspull can make someone on par with him. Zeno would erase any moron who interrupts the tournament so no hermano cell Dorado and whatever stupid shit these spics come up with. Joe Capo doesn't tell us what universe the memes are from my they are there for no reason. The memes having transformations is beyond stupid as well.

>Which were the "strongest" scenes in Dragon Ball Z?

Gohan going SSJ2 easily.

youtube.com/watch?v=hVnV4uuOTRE#t=26m30s

I just fucking love frieza's design. I love that his forms progressively look less menacing, i love his shit eating grin and his VA. I honestly think frieza is one of the best non-human characters designed in animation.

>yamcha gets arm broken
>people laugh

>n-n-nobody l-l-likes g-g-gohan..!

fucking low iq normies hating yamcha just because they have been told they are supposed to find it funny

Instant Transmission is by far the most OP ability Goku has and it took a lot away from the 'journey' aspect of DBZ that had been around since Frieza.

Like why the fuck did Goku arrive on earth with a ship if he could have just instant transmission'd over there in the first place?

He is. His final design was so against how Toriyama normally designed characters that it felt eerie and small compared to the monstrous forms he had before-hand. Toriyama loved making his villains big, bulky, and/or 'rough'. in how they were designed. Nappa was a design you'd expect from Toriyama, but Vegeta was meant to be the little guy to help show how not all Saiyans had to be big and tough looking to truly be powerful.

But all of those designs still felt like something Toriyama would draw. Hell even Frieza's first three forms felt like designs Toriyama would make. But the final form? That was something entirely new. It was sleek, simple, and lacked the rough appearance that was iconic for his characters at the time. Made Frieza stand out like a sore thumb, and truly be the most 'evil' design the guy had ever made.

It took Frieza being beaten to a pulp and comically slapped silly to start truly feeling like a Toriyama villain again, but until that point, he was one of the scariest villains in manga.

In all fairness if Trunks and Goten had listened to Gohan and not fused he'dve just killed Buu in round 2.

>>Goku constantly forgot he had instant transmission, and could have probably killed Cell before he even got to his semi-perfect form.

>IMPLYING

Goku apologised for Cell the first time he used Instant Transmission against him, he knows it's broken.

you just into loli body

>Nerfs himself for a fair fight by not using instant transmission when it could have saved lives

Oh right, can't forget that Cell saga was the moment that Goku being a dumbass became more obvious Sure he was never smart and was prone to giving villains second chances, but this was the first time he was so blatant about it

What a dumb comment.

I wish they brought Nappa back, the new vidya made me think of all the funny uncle opportunities with Vegeta's family.

this user gets it

Please stop making threads about this trash anime.

you can hide it instead of spazzing user

/thread

All anime is garbage, DBZ is the least autistic one, you stupid basement deweller.

Powerlevel bullshit started with Goku beating Tao Pai Pai after three days of training.

The transformation scene is great if you pretend Gohan has a reason to care so much about 16.

It's full fucking shit writing. Cell arc is "oops": the arc.