Kokkoku - Episode 9

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fhBA6ynorvc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Grandpa is best guy again. And father worst guy.

Who would have thought?

Really cruel and hilarious.

I hate to say the phrase, but is this a JoJo's reference?

This kid is way too calm for someone seeing his grandfather manhandled by a giant soot monster.

Holy shit what did he do!

Trash anime.

Why is this show getting so little attention on Sup Forums? It also has the best opening this season.

Because Sup Forums is too busy jerking it too little girls.

Not waifufaggable enough and low budget

>Juri will eventually be alone in the Stasis
feel so bad for our girl

>and low budget
How is that different from the usual haremshit that Sup Forums likes? Those are pretty much power point presentations with girls.

Shit taste

Sagawa literally did nothing wrong

Because it is a forgettable, mediocre story. Personally I don't like it because of the cheesy cliffhangers.

You already answered your question
>with girls.

Still, but nicely drawn frames of cute girls in panties is all they need to jerk off.

COMING IN
COMING OUT

>Not waifufaggable enough
But Juri is so cute.

Exactly. Newfags on Sup Forums and the oldfags who are pretty much waifuposting every season don't like this show where it's not all about waifus.

I'm pretty sure that people from Juri's family are more inclined to develop special abilities in the Stasis because of their heritage. Their grandpa can use teleportation (which can be considered a special ability) so I'm assuming he learned how to do it from someone else higher in the family branch. I'm guessing that the original writer of the book that Sagawa used as a reference was a part of Juri's family and somehow his extended periods of stay in the Stasis affected how Specters functions in those of his family bloodline and given the right conditions of the individual, they will develop some sort of special ability. So it's not really surprising that Makoto developed some sort of special power after the Specters entered his body (remember it's also his first time entering the Stasis).

DON'T THAT MAKE YOU CRAZY NOW?

I agree with you, user, she's great. But she doesn't get enough fanservice or romantic teasing with any males for the average waifufag.

Story is pretty good and quite original for anime standards. The cliffhangers are annoying for sure.
Juri-nee is too pure for Sup Forums.
It's already confirmed that the specters are used to the familiy's blood and are attracted to them. And it's confirmed specters give special powers. Since their ancestors were before in contact with the specters and returned they probably got more resistant to the specter taking over and turning into heralds, so they can "merge" with the specter on a deeper level in order to get the power, but still retain their senses. White eyes is basically a confirmation that they merge more than other humans that host a specter.

I'm a bit confused on why the bad guy went through all the testing with Heralds and all other shit when all he wants to do is time travel. I don't know if I'm a brainlet or if it's spoiler territory because his motivations are different actually.

>big bulky tree dudes kill everyone who do "things"
>dude wants to do some "things" but doesn't know if those "things" will get him killed by big bulky tree dudes
>tests how big bulky tree dudes react to learn their patterns and rules and make sure that he won't be killed if he does "things"

He wanted to be sure that he won't get killed by the heralds.

I like it but I feel like it's moving at snail pace.

What episode(s) did you get this from? The only information I remember about the Specters giving special abilities is that Sagawa forcefully turned himself into a Herald by controlling the Specters in his body and he somehow used his 'mental state' to do this. If what you said is true, then the theory that the founder of Sagawa's cult and the one who also wrote the book that Sagawa used as a reference is indeed an ancestor of Juri. Then that means that Juri or anyone else in her family can willingly transform themselves into Heralds and still retain their sanity/consciousness, won't be surprised if their dad turns into a Herald when he discovers that the Stone has been destroyed.

the premise of this show is actually amazing

>mysterious skill that can stop time
>cult of villains that are after said skill
>orchestrate the ambush the family in possession of it

the problem is the generally awful execution, uninteresting characters and almost everything that came after the initial conflict

They are in stasis, can't go faster when time is stopped.

>Juri becomes a time lord
>sees universe collapse
>becomes goddess of a new universe
>a 10/10 japanese diplomat breeds her good

Also, the fact that they still are in the same stopped moment since the beginning. I think the story will end in a major plot twist when they go back to the normal time.

It doesn't have some sparkle. The creators really tried, tho

Still no JAKA JAKA

Heralds and Sagawa are proof that specters can give you power. Sagawa is further proof that you can get powers while keeping your consciousness.
In one of the previous episodes the "bad guys" were talking why Juri's grandfather can teleport and they mentioned that their family has a long history with Stasis and that the specters are used to them. Or maybe it was when they were talking why the specters entered the brother and shota after two cult member were killed by a heralds. Can't remember correctly. Maybe confirmed for this was the wrong word but it's heavily implied.

I think that the whole anime being set in a single moment is one of it's selling points. The execution could be definitely better but the idea of everything happening in one moment while time is stopped is one of the reasons that keep me interested in it.

The real problem was the intermission bullshit halfway through every early episode with the dude screaming jakajakajakajaka or whatever.

What is the point of the ED lingerie session?

>The real problem was the intermission bullshit halfway through every early episode with the dude screaming jakajakajakajaka or whatever.
Stop, that was the best part.

Your enjoyment.

Delete this. You don't sexualize Juri.

But it is lame

You are lame.

You can skip it, user.

In all honesty I've been wondering this from the start. I may find the plot interesting enough to follow weekly but the ending is not going to hook anyone by itself.

>The real problem was the intermission bullshit halfway through every early episode with the dude screaming jakajakajakajaka or whatever.

Try watching it with headphones on loud. That shit scared me nearly to death several times.

>not liking jakajakajaka

One of the best shows this season actually.

Trash taste.

Honestly been wondering that since episode 1. It seemed so very out of place compared to the OP and the show generally, but whatever cute girls in cute lingerie is fine and maybe it helps sell the show a little? I dunno.

That intermission is awesome and gets me hyped every time.

>That shit scared me nearly to death several times.
You are saying that as if it being loud and sudden wasn't the point.
Do you hate Beethoven as well?

juri is for Makoto

there's a trigger anime in the same season
unless its doing something REAL fresh, it can't get threads everyday.

/ss/ needs to leave

>Story takes place in frozen time
>Literally an entire day's worth of activity in less than an attosecond once they leave Stasis

Imagine how trippy that would be in reality.

I've lost hope that the dad is going to redeem himself from being a piece of shit.

thats his whole character though
I love how even the music gets goofy as hell in his scenes

becase nearly entirety of Sup Forums so 25-35 years old fat neet virgins losers are watching their generic boring girls doing borings things #13213123 and that mecha shit something in something XX

Nah his show moves at lightspeed in-comparison to the trash that is Darling in the Franxx. That show has no discernible plot and doesn't know what it wants to be.

No, what's more freaky is that the Stalled are actually moving at "normal" speed but since the ones with specters are moving really fast, it seems like time has stopped. But the spector people are trapped in a "second"

>Grandpa can teleport
>Juri can kick people out of Stasis
>Makoto can control Heralds
Wonder if NEET son (if he ever stops being Stalled) and the father will have powers.

I don't know, the dads first instinct on seeing the Herald was to distract it while Makoto runs.

I hope Dad doesnt but Tsubasa does. Dad doesn't deserve it but tsubasa showed some initiative before he got de-jellyfish'd
theres also makoto's mom

also a question about the jellyfish:
when juri knocks them out does that mean they're never going to be able to go to the stalled again? or will the jellyfish reenter them if they try to go again?

I find that a pretty good way to develop his character. Yeah, he's an asshole, he stayed an asshole, but he was willing to sacrifice his life for Makoto without thinking even for a moment. That's much better than "wow I'm good now!". After all all of this takes place in less than one day's time for them. Hard to see anyone have a change of heart so soon.

They can, just like the other woman. She has got kicked out back in her childhood.
But they can't enter the same time slice again

And the black haired woman also had powers to fall slowly right?

I forgot she did that, considering it was one time and not that interesting. I don't think it was falling slowly though; her power in general is probably being able to prevent object from moving when she interacts with them. Like Grandpa though, it's imperfect and she just falls slowly instead of creating platforms.

the bess
youtube.com/watch?v=fhBA6ynorvc

I believe her power is to prevent her from affecting objects in stasis. Everyone else would push the floating hand down while standing on it, but she could prevent the rail from being pushed down by her weight which made her float. But because it's not perfect she could only slow it down almost to a halt and couldn't keep it floating if other people excreted force.

At least that's how I understood it.

I downloaded the full song a while ago. Pretty damn good.

At first, I thought this OP was shit because it just sounds like gibberish. This is the most English mixed with Japanese I've heard in an OP in a long time, and the beat keeps changing. It's really grown on me though; shit's groovy.

I don't think black haired has a specific power much like herald dude she figured out how the time stop world and the jellyfish worked and used that to her advantage you. Basically how and why everyone is able to interact with shit in stopped

Same here.

That wasn't a special power only she has, no.
She simply figured out how the stasis and jellyfish work and had the mental strength to take advantage of it. Theoretically everyone should be able to do it.

Dad is good at calling Heralds.

Doesn't that just mean that he's a disgusting human who has no problems with mugging and hurting people in stasis?

Can people play musical instruments in stasis?

Makoto a cute

It's just the direct bloodline that has powers.
Best dad only married into the family so he wouldn't have anything special. NEET should have had something though, he just didn't get an opportunity to discover it.

To some extend probably. Remember that they can affect other items and they keep the kinetic energy for a short while before they stop. So they should make a sound, but probably distorted.

their vocal chords seem to produce the voice just right
the entire stasis thing is so unexplained it doesn't really make sense to even discuss that anyway

show is good but will it have elves

It's pretty bad and not in a Gangsta way just plain uninteresting

>the entire stasis thing is so unexplained
this is my biggest gripe with this show

it's like the author didn't feel like expanding on the concept, just took the initial idea of Stasis and kinda went with it

What was the point of the sex scenes in Mezzo Forte?

Full OP when?

No elves here nano.

Its a Miyabi song, its probably been out well before the anime.

There was no point, that's why Mezzo DSA was better.

Sagawa will never hold a candle to Toguro

I realized the only reason I'm watching this show is because I like it.

That's new levels of depraved.

what

I prefer smaller tits.

Father is hilarious. I don't why you hate him.

also this

Rape her for all eternity in stalled time!

I STILL don't fully understand Sagawa's plan. I thought he was going to be "immortal" by making his body stalled but being able to live in the normal world. But what he's doing is pretty much cryogenically freezing himself?

The animation this episode was so bad what the fuck

Seinen is usually not popular both on Sup Forums and in Japan. You'd know this if you lurked more.

Yes.