Steins;Gate

I just finished playing through the VN and watching the anime and was blown away. I've heard mixed stuff about the spinoff series'. Which ones are worth watching and which ones aren't?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uJjzeROh2YI&t=0s&list=LLxlR53BOncBeMisYWXFvu0w&index=4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get Zero while you're at it, the anime will start4 next month iirc.

meanwhile post best girl.

Is Zero a VN as well? It's the story of the Okabe who failed to rescue Kurisu and spent 15 years devising a solution right?

Robotics;Notes is fun

Yeah

god that sounds like the vn equivalent of walking over a mile of broken glass
is it of the same scale as s;g or smaller?

There's also a heart-crushing manga

I'd say it’s about the same, just finished it myself. Well worth the read

watch the movie senpai

Go read Chaos instead.

Am I just too retarded to understand Zero? Timeline is constantly changing for no reason, and what's up with all the endings where Mayuri goes to talk to Okabe? Isn't the timeline supposed to change after that?

Robotics;Notes is fine.

Did someone say Robots?

>god that sounds like the vn equivalent of walking over a mile of broken glass
I think they play it up way too much but yeah the game treats itself that way.

I'll answer if you beat me in Kill Ballad.

>Shits;Gay

One of the girls looks like a middle-aged Aki

Let's laugh about all those wrong-siders, my friend.

>it's another edgy Okabe transforms into Hououin Kyouma for the fifth time episode

>2009+9
>still no translation

I'm too retarded to understand too. But from what I can get, the timelines changed based on who can get to the time travel papers first, either through Amadeus or other means (laptop, harddrive). As for those endings, I think they only happen if you do that ending where Okabe gets punched by Suzuha and allows it to progress from there to Altair and Vega to the True Ending. I could be wrong though.

One thing that pisses me off the most is what is the point of Kagari? It always seems like it was to build up to something and it just got dropped and felt rushed.

To be Kurisu-bait.

>god that sounds like the vn equivalent of walking over a mile of broken glass
That's certainly how a lot of people felt when playing it.

We already have Amadeus for that, and it was a pretty shit Kurisu anyway, the two seconds where she actually appears where far more satisfying

Serika is love. Serika is life.

feels bad man. guess i'm gonna play it anyway because i can't help but hurt myself
thanks for your help anons, i didn't even know there was another vn

also to build on this, it was later explained that Amadeus logs were being tracked and that's the reason why every time Okabe picks up the calls, the timeline changes.

I just watched this too. This was the best part of the anime, really hit home. Second best was Christiana putting on the Hououin Kyouma act after we hadn't heard Okabe do it in 2-3 episodes.

this scene was done so much better in the anime than in the VN. However, the episode as a whole had more emotional impact in the VN because of the way it was presented. It hits you when you least expected it

Gerogerogero

I like Amadeus way more than original Kurisu.
She was a lot more pleasant.

How would she react if Taku were to confess to her? I just want a childhood friend to win for once goddamnit.

Buy Chaos;Child Love Chuchu and find out.

Post cute Suzuha

Only if they translate it.

I mean, she technically won.

>translations

>dedicating yourself to study a new language

Will I like this even though I can't really stomach gore?

>I just want a childhood friend to win for once goddamnit.

Aki blew out the competition purely because she was the childhood friend.

There might be a few moments, but it's not terribly explicitly gorey. Not nearly as much as C;H.

Reminder to read Chaos;Head with the patch Sup Forumsnons did for us before reading Chaos;Child.
AND WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT WATCH THE ANIME OF EITHER.

greatest love story ever told

Too bad it ends in a completely platonic relationship

>ends in a completely platonic
Yeah, not really. They’re a couple

Shut the fuck up, Serika.

When Committee of Antimatter was about to come out, we knew their relationship had gone nowhere. Just look at Déjà Vu, they are distant as fuck until the other gets in big trouble. It's kind of sad in a way.

>implying Taku would ever say that way towards Serika

Just make me the fucking sandwich, god damn.

Its a PTSD Okabe in a lot of parts, understandably so considering where it splits off from the original story. Apparently they're dialing the depression down in the Anime adaptation, but as of now its really unclear how they're going to actually adapt the thing.

>Chaos;Flop

Watch all of it user.

they always play with their relationship, like they wanted it to be canon, but at the same time they just want Okabe to be some kind of self-insert.

they're both just awkward as fuck channers. Until alcohol is involved. Sort of.

that scene is so fucking CUTE

Unpopular opinion: a little better than steins;gate

>the anime will start next month

HOLY SHIT I JUST CHECKED THE WIKI TO CONFIRM

FUCK YES

>Chaos;Children

Kurusu > Kurisu

(You)

Chaos Child made me feel empty

seriously this is the greatest track in all of ;

youtube.com/watch?v=uJjzeROh2YI&t=0s&list=LLxlR53BOncBeMisYWXFvu0w&index=4

I dunno, C;C had a lot of good tracks, really hard to pin down any of them as the singular best. Though that one definitely played at one of the most fitting moments ever.

True, I listened to that one a lot as well.

>Chaos;Head/Child and Robotics;Notes
>spinoffs of Steins;Gate
Fucking wrong siders.

Anyway, to answer your question, watch none of them. You can watch Robotics;Notes though, since its adaptation is solid, but Chiyo is a fucking scumbag and made sure the Chaos; anime are considered “impossible business” since he had no hand in writing them outside of story layout. Thus, they got shit on with low budget adaptations.
All the VNs in the franchise are good though, and better than their anime counterparts. Yes, even Steins;Gate’s VN is miles better than its anime. That being said, stop being a fucking wrong sider and get to reading.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. When I said spinoffs, I meant the ones directly related to steins gate, like the alternate ending episode 23, steins gate zero and the comedy shorts.
I also feel as if the VN affected me more as well, but I think the anime was really quite good as well. I'm a sucker for anime with little fanservice and actually interesting narrative though.

Why did Madhouse make Takumi’s hair look like such shit? Thank God Silver Link did a better job.

Aki blew everyone out because she was the closest thing to Kai’s OG crush, Aki’s sister. She is merely a substitute, but can never replace the real deal.

Yeah, for sure. The protag got shit on way more than Okabe. Takuru didn’t deserve what he got. Meanwhile, all the other protags get to live on happily with their friends while Takuru *spoiler* rots in a prison awaiting his inevitable execution by the 300

After the True End finished and the alternate main theme started playing on the title screen with the blue sky in the background, I started tearing up. Fucking hell. I wish the anime wasn’t a piece of shit.

When will see Takumi again? Is it true he’s banging Rimi in 2019 while fighting the good fight on Twitter?

>he had no hand in writing them outside of story layout.
I'm pretty sure he did the same with the VN too.

Oh, in that case, yeah, indulge yourself in all of the spinoffs you want. I think they’re pretty great if Steins;Gate is your favorite in the franchise. I can’t call Steins;Gate 0 a spinoff though, to be honest. It’s a canon part of the franchise, and presents problems that Okabe never encounters before reaching the Steins Gate worldline. Thus, these issues he encounters in the Beta worldline remain unresolved and could become a threat later on due to the existence of the Amadeus technology you’ll learn more about in S;G 0.

As for the romcom stuff, they’re nice fanservicy things. Movie is worth a watch too, but not canon. Honestly, they’re all fine if you love the characters enough to check them out.

That’s what I was referring to.

>Takuru didn’t deserve what he got.

Debatable.

Pretty much all of it is at the very least fun. The only spin-off material I'd warn you about is the movie, which isn't too great unless you really like Kurisu and want to watch some cute scenes.

ok, thanks user. to be honest, i'd give anything for more kurisu

Debate me faggot. He was just a kid when he made that wish. He for sure didn’t want any of this shit to happen and obviously wants to atone for everything. He doesn’t deserve to be punished because he was an edgy brat as a kid.

would Amadeus really be a problem in the Steins Gate timeline though?
She's not dead, so in that case, why would they bother using her as a basis for the AI?
in any case, I do agree, problems presented in 0 can show itself in a different form. There's also the committee. I just wish they somehow combine the series in a final fight against the committee or something.

For research. They probably wouldn't focus so intensely on Amadeus Kurisu over Amadeus Maho though.

So no justice at all for the people that died? "Oh well, I didn't mean to, so it's no big deal." Him atoning for it is exactly because he thinks he deserves punishment. If he didn't deserve it, he wouldn't need to atone, plain and simple.

What if Kimijima's AI was just another version of Amadeus? Maybe he stole it and modify it?

>I just wish they somehow combine the series in a final fight against the committee or something.
They’re getting there. Takumi became a conspiracy nut against the committee on Twitter. Okabe and his friends know about what happened in Chaos;Child and Robotics;Notes since they play a hand in both of the events there. Kurisu also mentions a fight approaching in the future in the C;C Children’s Collapse manga. They’ll get there some day.

Very likely that Amadeus is or will be retconned to be the original source of Kimijima's AI. They're both just too similar that it wouldn't be the case.

wait. are all the ; VNs based in the same world?

Of course they are. Why would you think they aren't?

i've only read steins;gate. so far.

Yes. Same universe, same worldline, same technology, same overall villain. Everything is loosely connected. Don’t expect them to be true sequels to each other or anything like that though. They’re all different stories with different tones, themese, and characters. Everything is loosely connected though.

I should really watch this again. Can't believe it's been 7 years already.

I never understood why Serika herself had to go to the crime scene in the first murder. And wasn't it mentioned that the security camera showed no one at the door??

>themese
I meant themes*

>trusting Sakuma to execute everything perfectly

The fact that she was squeezing the strap in the first place probably meant she was nervous about whether the plan would work at all, so it sort of makes sense that she would want to be there in person to make sure. Also, the security camera was at the hotel, the third murder.