Why are 3x3 threads not popular anymore?

Why are 3x3 threads not popular anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CFZ_Uyqbr4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because everyone moved to reddit.

We have one almost every day.
+ Monogatari
+/- Fate, K-on, KnK, Koe no Katachi, Hyouka, NGNL
- Watamote

Digibro

someone fill me in. what does some faggot youtuber have to do with threads on Sup Forums?

Because what is even the point when everyone's taste is this bad? Fucking Fate, really?

He's exaggerating. There was film where he criticised 3x3 threads and there was lots of talk about it at the time. But 3x3 threads have just as many people now as they did before.

but utena, ae, kaiba, flcl and eoe are the "patrician" artfag choices that only those people who truly appreciate artistic direction and animation pick.

(OP)
+ K-On, NGNL, Koe no Katachi
- Watamote, Monogatari
+ Eva, FLCL, Kaiba, Angel's Egg

Because everyone keeps posting the exact same taste to appear like they are anime experts. FLCL, Kaiba, Tatami Galaxy, Galactic Heroes, Evangelion, Lain, Utena, etc. They're everywhere and it's getting sickening. I like most of those shows, but it's no fun seeing them for a millionth time.
Not a fan of his. But he is right, there's lots of "boring taste" on these threads.

id argue that there are usually a lot of vastly different 3x3s. often they are called "shit", though, or people simply havent watched the respective works. i never got the affection for the shows youve just listed, though. many of them arent even the actual artistic peak of the subgenre or the director.

He was 100% correct

Taste is subjective, so why should we listen him anyways.

>Because everyone keeps posting the exact same taste to appear like they are anime experts. FLCL, Kaiba, Tatami Galaxy, Galactic Heroes, Evangelion, Lain, Utena, etc. They're everywhere and it's getting sickening. I like most of those shows, but it's no fun seeing them for a millionth time.
So post your own. You don't add variety by complaining about the lack of it, just by adding your own flavor to the bunch.

They're by far some of the most entertaing and beautiful shows that exist. I prefer the wacky visuals of Kaiba to the boring, generic designs of new Tamako Market or Hyouka.

I hope this one isn't too boring.
It does have Eva and Utena though, so sorry about that...

if you actually prefered "wacky visuals" you wouldnt list kaiba, but a bunch of shorts or anthologies.
>by far some of the most entertaing
good meme. making a factual claim for some as subjective as entertainment value.
>generic designs of new Tamako Market or Hyouka
yuasa reused kaibas general artistic approach in a bunch of other anime. its about as generic as your average kyoani design by now.

May I know what is top right from my sweet nigga?

Because there's no point in them.
>here, I like this
So what? Talk about it, say what makes it great or something, who gives a shit about your taste.

3/6 NGNL is bad, Hyouka is boring, Watamote is just okay
4/4
3/4 I dropped Toradora
5/5

>if you actually prefered "wacky visuals" you wouldnt list kaiba, but a bunch of shorts or anthologies.
There are lots of great ones, but I can't think of any that appealed to me as much visually as Kaiba.
>good meme. making a factual claim for some as subjective as entertainment value.
We're talking about art, so by default we're talking about subjective value. Do I really have to add "in my opinion" after every sentence I write on this board?
>yuasa reused kaibas general artistic approach in a bunch of other anime. its about as generic as your average kyoani design by now.
Yeah, but that's one director using a certain style that's unique to him and still he has lots of variety. Kyoani's designs are generic in terms of pretty much art in general.

I'm still mad about this.

Made my visual novel one a while ago. Does that count?

Those shows are popular for a reason. People like them. Going out of your way to pick some hipster shit that you don't actually like just so your 3x3 stands out more is the boring thing to do.

No, but user, I'm so original that's why I agree with everything Digibro said!

>Those shows are popular for a reason.
seems like a pretty dull argument to make. everything that is popular receives its attention for a certain reason.

Ok, these are popular because they're good shows

Please stop trying to force a dead meme. Digibro oversaturated the idea, if you have somthing you don't like about these threads think about something accurate and new.

>but utena, ae, kaiba, flcl and eoe are the "patrician" artfag choices that only those people who truly appreciate artistic direction and animation pick.
Well, if you actually like animation and not just "anime" then this there's a big chance this will be unironically true.

>good shows
is that all it requires for you to consider something to be a favourite work? no particular emotional attachment? no unique aesthetic that you think stand out? no emphasis on more niche aspects like audio direction or world building? you know, i dont think that many are going to claim for those shows to be bad (tatami galaxy actually is, though). its mostly about the fact that the vast majority of posters is as bloody generic as the kyoani deisgns that you consider to run-of-the-mill. i refuse to believe that someone who actually watches and actively analyses anime would list more than two of those.

no idea what youve smoked but no, those works are far from being the most well animated OR artistically impressive works of the art form. where did the meme that FLCL is some exceptionally well animated OVA even originate from? utena isnt some particularly well animated feature, either. its the symbolism youd like it for. kaiba is severely outclassed by many of yuasas other works.

3/4
2/3
2/2

5/6
6/7
5/6
9/9

>no particular emotional attachment
Fucking this, your favorites and the shit that everbody knows it's good are two different things

Okay so I want to make a 3x3. Is it your 9 fave anime or characters? Or is it what you're currently watching? Also what's 3/3, 4/8, 2/2 mean and so on?

You can make a 3x3 of whatever. Most people do anime. The ratio is liked/seen.

Welcom To the NHK!

You got your directions messed up, idiot.

o i am retard dsylexic it's Shinsekai Yori

2/2
3/3
3/3
5/5
4/4
0/0
5/5
3/3
3/3

Wholesome user

Fuck you for posting that 4x9 last thread. I got better things to do with my life but NOO you had to FORCE me to make another mosaic.

Because, despite everyone not caring that much about other people's taste, everyone was worried about being judged for their taste. So, we keep seeing the same shows in different positions on people's charts.

You know you can just use a website right

And they all have nothing in common besides being anime. There is no actual poster personality behind the choices. People's preferences are generally shaped by their personality and different outlooks and systems of value. Which is why a 3x3 that isn't completely disingenuous posturing bullshit will have some common themes as a thread tying the choices together.

>fate, bake, k-on
I know you really want to fit in but stop trying that hard.

Well, despite the name the medium of animation has much more potential besides things moving in a cool way. I'd argue that the design and general art direction carry much more weight and potential. I mean especially in tv series you don't have that many works in which the animation itself governs the whole tone of the work. Much more often its the art.

As for FLCL the meme comes from how highly regarded it is by actual japanese animators and critics. There was really just nothing like it before.

But user, all those shows are really fun

Good taste.

Can't you just make one that only has anime?

There's literally nothing wrong with original Fate continuity

>Can't you just make one that only has anime?
I can, it just gives me a warm feeling in my heart to create these kinds of mixed charts. It's because the things I love about my favorite anime I often find not in other anime, but in random works throughout other media. Torment, The Maxx, Twin Peaks or Gravity's Rainbow have more of what I like about Eva, Lain, Utena or Kaiba than other japanese cartoons.

No one's genuine with their taste anymore and all charts just end up being bait or the same shows every time to get approval.
1/2 anime 2/2 manga

bottom middle is by far the most aesthetic one. if you disagree you suffer some mental disability.

>tfw PSU died
Well here's a fresh one made out of OST cover art I found on google

Posting the same picture over and over again gets tiring after awhile, and once you seen enough anime (like me) your favorites almost never change.
8/9
-F/Z

3/3

cute Tamako

6/8 -NHK, NagiAsu
I was really enjoying NagiAsu before that retarded timeskip FUCK okada

5/5

3.5/4
.5 Nichijou

1/2
-Initial D

4/4

4/5
-Millennium Actress
2/2 manga

2/3 -machspeed
2/2 anime
2/2 OVAs
3/3 Movies

5/9
-every trash can that's full

4/4

It's not a residential garbage can, and therefore does not belong with the rest of them.

b8 like this

Because they're just cancerous blog threads that contain absolutely nothing of worth.

Yeah the timeskip was fucked but at least it brought us older Miuna

Besides maybe drawthreads and some rare initiatives like crafting charts what does have actual worth on this board?

y-you know, all the deep anime discussions

3/4
- Lucky Star
Figure I'd enjoy bear cafe? It' been sitting on my to watch list for a while.
4/9
+ 2, 3, 8, 9
2.5/4
- DBZ,
+/- Eva
+ Initial D
2/3
- NNB

>Figure I'd enjoy bear cafe?
Go for it. I'd argue it's the comfiest show on my 3x3.

double fate might be a reason
4.5/7 ++oeuf, angels
4.5/8 ++ping, angels, masterrace, swords
4.5/8 ++ping, angels, spirits
3/7 ++ink, hippy, demonhunter
2.5/5 fuck getter ++satanman (if thats only on there for the first OVA, not the rest of that adaptation)
2.5/7 ++shimashita
3/8 fuck yaoibait natsume ++hippy, my wife tsumugi
the timeskip was the only thing that saved this show from mediocrity. in fact, it turned an extremely bland and generic cast into one of the most maturely and well developed in the entire subgenre. it was the only thing okada actually did right. the overarching plot was handled so incredibly poorly its infuriating.
5.5/9 fuck nichijou ++hippy, ink, my wife tsumugi

5/5
3/5

dude, what is the first anime in the right!

can´t remember where it´s from

hajime no ippo :)

trash
shit taste
overrated shit
bad
nu-Sup Forums
kys
christ your cringe
reddit
reddit
bad
lol
fuck off
retard
trash
trash
unadulterated garbage
overrated shit
garb

that wasn't very nice, can you please apologize?

Post yours

whats worse? bad or reddit? i mean, to me its reddit.

>Too scared to post his own opinion when judging others taste

OO MY 10TH EVANGELION VIDEO

bait

Whoops forgot image

Judge me

>Ayase
>Any Sailor Scout
Good enough

me on the left

Judge me

Have some music this time youtube.com/watch?v=CFZ_Uyqbr4k
Does that guy even come here any more?

>Kallen, that Madoka chick with an eating disorder, and Yoko
But you have Lucy which is good

Meant to quote

1/3
4/9
4/7
3/6
3/8
3/3
2/3
7/9

Because they are shit.

5/6
Great taste.
0/3
3/6
0/4
>Windy Tales
I like you, user.
1/1

This will probably be the last post of this thread before it dies but I guess I'll post my 3x3 anyway

because they're shit and have little to no discussion

>yuri kuma arashi over any other ikuhara show
gay

I miss the creative joke 3x3s.

Why do good animes make you mad?