What does Sup Forums think of pic related?

What does Sup Forums think of pic related?

Light 9. Pic related is a prodigy.

I think its existence does more damage to the existing Go Nagai fan base than it doesn’t.

Now I can never discuss Devilman again without some fag bringing up Crybaby. I’m already off the train and on the Cutie Honey bandwagon now.

Get over yourself loser.

Wanna fuck Miko and get my head crushed

It's not high tier, but its definitely worth a watch.

The only anime/books I consider "bad" are the ones where I finish and want the time I spent on them back.

Normie bullshit

Fuck off Pablo

I unironically love the creators drawing style. Characters so aesthetic. And the running vibes

Devilman is high tier as far as the actual manga goes.

It’s one of the most important manga of its generation.

Not going to lie, I thought it was much better than I was expecting. Haven't seen or read the old Devilman stuff but I just might now.

the only thing for me to nitpick in my opinion is that the jinmen fight is pretty underwhelming in terms of action. but it terms of emotion i give it a pass.

I’m pissed that it’s not as good as the source material.
Too many dumb changes i can’t get behind.

I'm in the same boat. I have always had a thing for this kind of artstyle. Trigger does this well too.

The manga is ok, but this is just shit. The animation and direction is great, but it adds so much literal shit to it that it's hard for me to sit through.

AOTY. If you don't like it's because you are a pleb.

There's still Mazinger z

Yeah, it’s simplisic and pretty to look at. Colors are very pastel or watercolor-y.

10/10
Not the best anime ever, but an anime everyone should watch.

Its a 3/10 imo

Undeniably, the original manga was a great

Crybaby was just "good" though, nothing special. Entertaining enough for it to be worth watching once through

They took some risks, some of which payed off, some of which fell flat. At least they had the balls to try something different and to bring a classic into a modern era. The music by far is one of the best parts of the show. I felt that they might have benefited from having 12 or 14 episodes, just so that some parts, especially the climax, wouldn't feel so rushed.

I think that it was pretty bad, but not without redeeming features, occasionally there were some really well done scenes. It would have been a lot better if they had someone else write the thing - you can really tell from how bloated with contrived drama it was that it was the Code Geass guy behind it, it really lacked the leanness of the original. I also hated the art style and the changes they made to the plot, but that is less of a big deal.

I'm quite happy that this is making Devilman popular though - because you never know how the next adaption will go, and we seem to be getting more Devilman manga officially brought over due to it.

I feel like whenever someone criticizes any form of Devilman media that isn't Crybaby some elitist is gonna jump out of nowhere and start crying about the Crybaby boogieman

Is being important the same as being good?

Kemonozume had better demons.

Awful animation
Bastard character designs
Changes only make it more dumb and nonsensical than the infamously dumb and nonsensical manga
Track subplot sent the pacing to shit, Ryo was way more of an unambiguously evil fucktard than he was in the manga
Yuasa is overrated as fuck and I hope people stop sucking his dick.

I don't get people whining about "bad pacing" in this one. I felt it was just right.

I think it’s only worth watching after reading the original manga to catch all of the nods to the original and the modern interpretations.

Both are pretty shit, but in a way that it’s still worth your time and is a must-read.

Being unbiasedly honest though, the story actually makes a little bit more sense and is a bit more compelling in the Crybaby anime. But that’s kind of an unfair argument because the manga was made just under 70 years ago anyways.

The nods are just service, it's not worth studying to become a longtime fan before starting Crybaby just so you can recognize the track coach's transformation.

It was good.

How much does Netflix pay to make these threads? I might have to get in on this gig.

You either already know what Sup Forums thinks of it and are shitposting, or a newfag. in both cases, fuck off and don't come back.

You and I both know that doesn't make them leave. If you want Sup Forums to retain the right quality of taste, you have to teach them.

Who?

Wolverine

Same

>just "good"

You think that bec the themes have been plagiarized by so many series that came after it. It feels like watching a show you've seen before even tho it's the original.

If series like Berserk, Evangelion, Parasyte etc didn't exist then Crybaby would be more unique.

Hands down the shittiest anime I have had the displeasure of watching. Redditman crybaby heralds a dark age for the medium.

I can say that the sound direction is fucking godly, the tracks are used masterfully

>awful animation
Pleb

Lost a good amount of respect for Yuasa after this disastrous adaptation

I liked the part where that human organization came out of nowhere and was fighting the demons for like 30 seconds at the end. I have no idea why those people were in those fluid tanks wearing VR goggles that Jenny killed but I liked it when those knights used their shield to block her psychic attack and they all stabbed her with their spears until her eyes went dim.

Really mediocre. An insult to the franchise.

I thought it was really good.

Well for one I can say this adaptation made me give a fuck for Miki unlike the manga or OVAs

Demon Busters, man. Humans hung on for 20 years fighting X-COM style before they were completely stamped out and Akira had his war. And speeding through that without establishing much is really faithful adaptation.

I enjoyed all of it of it since I came in with no expectations and 0 knowledge of devilman

This. Everything he has done so far has been super good. Looking forward to his future projects.

Nothing really exceptional, but not shit, either. Yet another 7/10 under Yuasa's belt.
I liked the attempt at "modernising" the manga by making it set in the current age, but it just didn't click with me. The writer should've either worked on fleshing out the modern world just a bit more, or he should've made an adaptation set in the 1970s. In the manga, it felt like a social commentary, and there was an anti-war message as well. Even though there was a lot of exaggeration in it, it felt like it could just be real in an alternate world. The backdrop of the Cold War and its tension added the setting a more visceral, more realistic feel.
Like I said earlier, the writer should've changed more, or changed nothing at all for Crybaby to be better.

AOTY

Man man man man man man man ....