Tokyo Ghoul :re

Will he finally become the king we deserve?

He won’t be the ghoul Stalin you le edgy centipede mommy I’m so fucked up guys want.

Are Cucknekifags most pathetic fags of this fandom? Even Amonfags knew when to give up.

Nothing wrong with Amon. Good character.

What am I supposed to see in those circled parts?

Is it that complicated? Kaneki's body is so kagunified that it reaches his neck now, and in the Nameless King artwork his outfit covers his neck. Basically, Nameless soon.

>Hajime states that Kaneki is like a cute caterpillar in 143
>Proceeds to get swallowed up by Dragon, huge cocoon phase
>Cast "rescues" him from the cocoon before he reaches completion to the butterfly phase
>Limbs covered with eyes next to his body likely didn't have time to connect or attach
>Holes in his chest resemble butterfly wings
So they fucked up by rescuing him to be honest, I guess they'll go back to his dragon and drag out his limbs or whatever was in there and throw them with his body in a tank so he can be completed. I don't even think he finished doing the dash to the end of the torii gates either.

>Even Amonfags knew when to give up.
That’s not true at all.

Because Amonfags are posting weekly their ebin failed theories.
Because Amonfags are still insisting on them and trying to make them valid in some way.
Because Amonfags are spamming their shit these days the most.
Because Amonfags are making these sort of threads.

Suuure.

The ebin cuckneki argument. Kaneki can be a real bitch sometimes but I can't really blame him, he's just had a shit life. Not everyone can be like Furuta Stu, steamrolling everyone with a meme personality 24/7. I'm sure 100% of the people mad with Kaneki here are because he isn't an edgelord anymore. But anyway Kaneki's character development is basically at it's climax since there's only 2 tarot cards after this one, Sun or whatever it is.
>Even Amonfags knew when to give up.
Where? There's still people hyping Amon up. His absence in :re will make sense if he ends up doing shit in Part 3 though, but it's whatever at this point.

AAAAAAA I love Hinami

Why do people even try to debate about the tarot and whatever else is the reason for Kaneki's character when no one here understands? He's either a badass or a cuck.

This fuckin faggot needs to die already

O
MY
TAROT
CARDS!!!

They do, just not here.

Fururize>>>>>>>>Toukenshit

>becomes badass before turning into a giant monster
>regains consciousness after the monster rescue
>immediately starts crying because muh friendship

Fuck this garbage

Is that a dick in his mouth

My exact reaction. It's like Dragon first appearing and it just had to have blocks of "Touka, Touka, Touka". Ishida always kills it.

Symbolism user. It is Naga symbolism in his mouth.

>I'm too goofy to comprehend that Kaneki didn't want to kill innocent people and consume the entire city
>Starts crying because he's surprised people still give a fuck about him after fucking up so badly

No symbolism, he's eating a dick. Ishida confirmed.

If Ishida is being straight forward and Itori & Uta are Hide's parents, I probably wouldn't mind

>Kaneki didn't want to kill innocent people and consume the entire city

Shit that fuckin bitch ruined this garbage

yeah dude wheres my cool epic punch and kick and fight and kill bing bing wahoo! fuck this trash i want kaneki go crazy centipood and fight and punch things!!!!111

I just want Ishida to deliver on what he sets up.

>Sup Forumsnons are too autistic to actually think about characters and motivations and just spout memes instead of adding actual discussion
Shocking

You're trying to be cheeky but yeah that's what I want. I've had enough of the crying and the baby mama shit I want him to actually get serious over what he wants to do instead of being a retard like he's been during the entirety of the Goat thing

He set up a theme of breaking the birdcage V made and the division of humans and ghouls. Humans are turning into ghouls.

Not really. He only said "It's something."

It is clear what it is but that is not point. Point is Ishida never "confirmed it" and other point is that is not what I'm even talking about.
I'm talking of Ishida's other work Penisman and how much from it got copied to TG and how interesting thing from it was Penisman's family and as who they look like.

He was literally talking about the Oggai, where in this does it state that Kaneki wanted to become a giant Kaijuu that tears through the asses of random people and children brainlet-chan

Go read BnhA if you want cool punch kick jump epic fights

yeah but hes literally eating a dick there whats your point

True, but I expected more sadly

>muuuuuuuuuuh touka

poetry

>>yeah but hes literally eating a dick there whats your point
>It is clear what it is but that is not point. Point is Ishida never "confirmed it" and other point is that is not what I'm even talking about. I'm talking of Ishida's other work Penisman and how much from it got copied to TG and how interesting thing from it was Penisman's family and as who they look like.

Point for those who apparently need it to be greentexted to be able to read.

does kaneki has a penis? since he is all kagune and shiet now

I'm just glad the people arguing about Eto being dead are gone, it doesn't even matter if she is dead at this point since she'll for sure be one of the nuclei dragons being revived. Her body was just chilling on the Cochlea floors where she could be easily scooped up by V, same with Arima.

That doesn’t have shit to do with fuck you moron what’s the big deal it’s a ghoul eating flesh you don’t have to shoehehorn muh symbolism into everything

This post could have been less cringy but unironically I agree. Half the people here probably expect Kaneki to be an edgy mastermind who rips heads 24/7 and whenever he isn't he's automatically a cuck or retard or whatever but it's called character development for a reason. We're finally reaching the climax of his arc, where he can lead people properly and etc, since Nameless King is around the corner. OEK was intentionally going to fail though, but people still don't get that it was setup like that on purpose. It doesn't make it good or anything but, the build up will be worth it.

>not even greentext helped his none existing brain cells
I rest my case.
Good talk.
Have a nice day.

Why are you so angry, do you need help?

Yes, ishida authored a manga before Tokyo Ghoul. What the shit does that have to do with a daring of uta?

Yes please stop reading the same series as me thank you stop liking what I like

It means Uta is a Penisman, or some shit like that. The Penisman was a mutant in the manga, so in context of TG, it means Uta is a OEG or something like that. But this was ages ago, it's obvious now.

No, that would be kaneki. Ishida's a real Kafka fanboy. Man turns into hideous abomination and is shunned from society. Applies to both Penisman and TG.

This makes even more sense when you realize Kaneki compared himself to the protagonist of that book or whatever, where he becomes an insect and etc.

T

If ghouls or people in general can become "Dragons", we better be getting some sweet ghoul lore soon, shit is weird. Also obligatory part 3

>Marude said Dragon like growths were taking over every ward of Tokyo
I feel like we aren't getting 24 revivals, there's 7 dragons in that picture you just posted as well but some of them are cropped out.

Id much prefer if these nuclei aren't charactwrs we know of, like maybe people created by dragon. I just dont like the idea of random ass people like hairu being nuclei. I don't see it adding anything to the story

The nuclei are 100% going to be people we know, I mean who else would they be?
>Hairu
Pretty much 100% since Furuta was waving her head around, Kanou probably tossed her nucleus or whatever in the Nucleus.
>Shirazu
Another guarentee since Kanou had his body and I don't see where else it'd be to be honest
>Arima
Probably, since his body was chilling on the Cochlea floors
>Eto
Same as Arima and she's an important character. I don't know who else, but Yoshimura would be fitting as well. Basically everyone listed would add something to character development if not the story though. Urie was supposed to find Shirazu's body but completely disregarded it.

>shirazu
While I understand why people say this and it might happen it would suck so bad
>great character who was struggling with thr morality of killing ghouls and tried hard and wanted to be a better squad leader
>sacrifices himself for his squad and had the most impactful death of tg
>his death even ends up making urie a great character
>comes back as some apocalyptic super op zombie boss

This series is already at bottom tier but bringing back likes of Shirazu and Arima is just overdoing already over baked potato.

So where are the dragon amon retards now? Time to cross another amon theory off the list as wrong. What's the next one?

Everything is pointing towards amon dragon, he's probably one of the nuclei.

Why are people so anal about the Amon theories, I never understood that. Hide is just as big as an offender. I've seen people claim he was everything just because of how mysterious he was
>N-No he's a V agent!
>He's a Washuu!
>He's the OEK!
>He's Eto's cousin!
>He's the OEK's son!
>He's a clone of the OEK sent to groom Kaneki!
Just fucking everything, but yet everyone has a seizure at the mention of Amon, it's hilarious

I mean this time Dragonamon actually has presence, he wasn't sitting in a :re tank where the Oggai were being created for no reason.
>Veins on his body in the lab resemble the same veins when Furuta got the nucleus and after Rize & Kaneki came out of their Dragons
>Caused Takizawa's Kagune to explode when they fought in the lab like Saiko's Kagune exploded while combating the Dragon tentacles recently
Dragonamon shit actually has presence.

This.

>Super OP zombie boss
I have no idea, but it would only lead to more development on Urie's and the Quinx in general, plus his sister Haru has ROS and people are starting to get it, shit is coming together.
It's not that deep really, we've had speculation of zombie Shirazu for ages. People thought he was Dragon ages ago before Kaneki became it himself.

Idk I guess because Ishida clearly has plans for hide while amon is mostly a forgotten character for Ishida. While most hide theories are stupid none of them have been outright disproven but every time an amon theory is proven wrong they come back again acting all smug like amon is the center of the manga. While their theoty everytime is just that hell become whatever kaneki is. At least we know something is up with hide i mean why else were the washuus after him. And how the hell did he know arima would spare kaneki if he fought well? And how did he know the washuus were ghouls dince he's the one who told marude?

It's time...

The dragons are already set user, amon is in Kaneki's room. The theory is over and done with.

It is not that is unthinkable for me to think it shall happen just that I consider it cheap garbage if it does.

And Kaneki is in his room damaged and not complete, what's your point? They're incomplete Dragons.

user are you serious? kaneki was just pulled out of dragon..

>Clearly has plans for Hide while Amon is mostly a forgotten character for Ishida
Because we can totally pretend that Hide wasn't absent for a majority of :re, even more so than Amon, got it. I don't even know what Amonfags theorized about in the past but it's a major assumption to assume he forgot about his character or won't use it. It's like if a character isn't in the story 24/7 they're forgotten around here. As for Hide it's just easier to slap ebin theories on him because he's a mystery man completely, whereas with Amon we somewhat know his backstory.

that's not what i mean, i mean his status as deuteragonist has been forgotten, the fact that he shows up and never has anything to offer is the most important factor, the longer hide remained hidden the more obvious it was he'd be important later. it really seems ishida gave his role as secondary mc to urie.

The role of secondary MC could go to anyone really, Urie, Mutsukek, Furuta, they've all been the focus of :re to be honest.

Wipe it off.

the qs are clearly the second mcs of re. could change in pt 3. furuta is the antagonist.

>Help Furuta become chairman
>He goes around slaying the entire ghoul population and piles them up in the streets
>He then works with a mad scientist to create a city destroying Dragon
>Said Dragon rips apart the city and kills tens of thousands of people more than likely
>It keeps mutating and will ghoulify the entire city
>All of this just because he wanted Arima & Hairu back
>Acts smug to the entire ordeal
Why

Furuta doesn't even feel like an antagonist to be honest, if it wasn't for his meme shenanigans and keikaku people wouldn't be getting ghoulified which forces the world and Tokyo in specific to deal with ghouls instead of killing them like madmen, he's basically an anti hero

>deserve
We are reading the manga for free none of us deserve shit

I agree but I mean, it's taking a little too long for Kaneki to man up and take his responsibilities seriously

Reread the arc? this shit would be a lot better read when it's over and this arc hasn't drug on as long as it seems, it's just the wait for new chapters that fucks up the pacing, it's only been 60 odd chapters since Kaneki became king.

So is this 2016 pic Kaneki the one we're gonna get now? Suit covers the neck and face veins.

i don't really think his motives matter when it comes down to it, he opposes the protagonist (kaneki) thus he is the antagonist for now.

Other than that I do agree Kaneki has been pathetic lately even though I'm probably the only person on the board who loves his character

There's another one covering the neck, so he might have multiple outifts. I imagine the outfits like the one you posted and are what he wears in battle, and the one I posted is what he wears casually or whenever he's not in battle.

>Taking any of the art Ishida makes as foreshadowing or canon
Nope

Does he even oppose Kaneki though? He doesn't even really seem to care what he does, he just uses him as a tool to progress his plans 100% of the time, biggest example being was Dragon.

yeah it'll probably be the last chapter of re or something, he won't be some fucking dictator like people think though, he'll be what we expected after his fight with arima.
we're in sun so he probably needs some interactions with people like hide and the qs and then there is judgement where the fool makes his decision for the future which at the end of it i'm sure we'll see him in the nameless king gear having decided what he wants to do and then re will end and pt 3 will be the world.

If anything this illustration looks like the half Kakuja armor he had during his fight with Arima in the Cochlea. The Nameless King shit is really apparent though so..

but this is obvious though, he used chapter 100's illustration which is a special one for it and has even made it an illustration card with a volume and in the upcoming fest or whatever it is it is one of the merchandise being sold. now why the hell would non cannon art be sold? and he even has the hair now.

I'm pretty sad for some reason the edgy mask seems long gone, it's pretty synonymous with the series.

Okay, get it. Even if he does become like that art, and that doesn't change anything.

Remember all the older art for Kaneki? He's always portrayed in Sui Ishida's art as being far more interesting and intimidating than he is in reality. Take the Black Reaper art that made some people think he was gonna be a borderline villain.

Don't stake too much of your hope in art. It might look cool, but he's probably gonna end up a wuss anyway.

Just curious, how many of you think TG :re will conclude the series as a whole at 206 chapters outside of maybe spinoffs? And how many people are on the Part 3 camp?

he's gonna be who he always was, but he'll actually be accomplishing things. if you really won't like it just because he's not as edgy that's your problem.

He basically can't be a wuss, it's not in line with the development and the tarot shit or whatever. If OEK was intentionally set to fail, then Nameless is intentionally set to be glorious, it's not that hard to get. The intimidating illustrations are eh, just for aesthetic though really. He won't be a villain, but he won't be friendly either.

I really, really think Tokyo Ghoul doesn’t need a part 3. There’s literally not much left they could do. I think 40-50 chapters will be enough to finish this. Personally I don’t want to sit through another fucking saga of this.

>He doesn't want a saga of fully developed Kaneki stomping people after all the whining of people calling him a cuck

I feel like people would genuinely complain if Kaneki started stomping everyone. Cue the Kaneki Blanco or Gary Stu comments.

Funny because Don Kaneki was also who Kaneki was.

Or are you saying he didn't happen? You can call everyone who doesn't like a boring pacifistic goodie two shoes in a seinen series an edgelord until you're blue in the face if that makes you feel better.

Ishida seems to be following the thesis,antithesis,synthesis scheme, so part 3 seems like a pretty sure bet.

Rereading in general takes away the discomfort of waiting for the weekly chapters and bad pacing. If we had to sit through Rue again we'd be having a meltdown, but since you can binge read it, it's actually pretty nice.

I like Kaneki but, he needs to become kingly soon.
This image is vague as fuck, and you shouldn't be taking every single illustration as foreshadowing anyway

When you simplify it like that, the story might end with re