What's the appeal?

What's the appeal?
After watching the first 10 episodes it seems rather boring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XmBWOIg_FCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People grew up with it and are nostalgic. It's consistently average with some pretty high points scattered throughout, though.

I'm considering watching this. Should I start here, or brotherhood?

I read manga, from what I've seen of anime it was pretty boring.

I wouldn't know, the original run was not great and I didn't finish it.

Brotherhood, however, is amazing and you should watch that.

brotherhood

If you're watching Brotherhood, there's very little. It's regular shonen trash. 2003 is a growing up tale and a critique of atheistic ideology and idealism, a pretty great tale.

"My first anime".
That's literally it.

This. FMA fans are nostalgiafags for an okay product. 2003 is a top tier anime, though (which is why fanboys of the manga/brotherhood chimp out since 2003 shits all over everything they love).

Edward is so fucking annoying.

Watch brotherhood, bones 2003 version is just a fanfic. Good, but yet fanfic.

Brotherhood all the way is definitely an easier way to watch FMA. However if you can appreciate a slow burn then I would suggest starting with ~20 episodes of 2003. There are many pointless episodes like the whole fake Elric twins arc, but the Brotherhood start is basically an extended recap.

>watching an anime adaption before reading the manga
Kill yourself.

I literally watched FMA for the first time last year and loved it.

Her.

Reminds me of those old late 80s OVAs where it was gore,horror and tits

>not watching it figuratively
Pleb.

Brotherhood has a few high points like people have mentioned, but 90% of it is nothing better than a completely standard shounen. There's maybe three or four really great character scenes, with the bulk of these having little relation to the core story. It's definitely not worth the full 60 episodes.

I've been watching figuratively in the years before, then I got tired and wanted to see how watching it literalli was like.

*literally

The manga and anime was good until the shit ending.

I think back then it clicked with me by episode 15/16 or so.

I had marathoned that part, since it aired exactly when I got into watching anime as they aired in Japan.
Brotherhood is worse and you should not watch it.

>What's the appeal?
youtube.com/watch?v=XmBWOIg_FCE