Baki Dou 194

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/139829939/#139842314
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if Memesashi stands up i'm gonna kill myself

This is not a "victory". This is the departure of the world's strongest swordsman.

Nah that's fucking bullshit and you know it Itagaki

「さようなら」「ありがとう」君へ送ろう。

Most pointless arc ever
They taught Musashi that fights don't need to end with life being taken and then sent him to the afterlife
I guess now we get a couple of chapters with Tokugawa's mea culpas, but my question is: Why is Musashi being around a mistake worth correcting like this, but not Pickle?
Either way, we didn't get any good matchups from Musashi - VS Yujiro was cockblocked, VS Baki was a match of getting KO'd by his jab, one of wrecking him in seconds, and now this one - And VS Motobe was Motobe using the fact he wasn't taking him seriously to KO him, leave him at his mercy and teach him a fight doesn't have to end in killing

>Editorial text: Musashi's body returns to the earth from which it came...

End chapter.

>People here still not treat this series as a comedy or 4koma manga series like my non-english board

Bring back Baki's grandpa please.

>Either way, we didn't get any good matchups from Musashi
VS Retsu was a good fight from an action standpoint, but it ended in my favorite character dying
Do you anons think Itagaki gets tired of an arc and rushes it to conclusion or maybe the editors look at numbers and ask him to move into a more interesting arc? He did the exact same thing with the Retsu boxing arc. Usain Bolt was beat offscreen, so to say

Is Itagakis IQ two digit?

one digit

God fuck this. I was a fan of this series for the longest time but even i have a limit for my patience. FUCK THIS SHIT!
FUCK IT! BURN IT AND SHIT ON IT AGAIN!

This is if the worst way of finishing something. And i mean worst. Even one-shotting the enemy is better than this horseshit. Just...what? Take him out of the game? Because he was to powerful?
Wasnt the WHOLE fucking point of this ENTIRE SERIES that there are people trying to reach the highest point in strength? Wasnt it because they wanted to fight strong enemys? Wasnt it for the fucking FIGHT FOR FIGHTS SAKE?

They pussy out of the battle?

Im done. Fuck this series and the mangaka. Fuck this crap!

Now, to another pressing matter:

We need anyone capable of doing anything for the scanlation team now. We are down to 2 members; a redrawer and myself. Now, more than ever, are our efforts in danger of being extinguished. Help us find staff. Please.

dubs confirm
My theory is that Itagaki got cold feet about having a cultural icon like Miyamoto Musashi being cleanly beat by his OC donut steels and just sent him back
All of Musashi's "defeats" were highly predicated on something that disallowed him to go all out, or by his desire to learn something from the fight. In the end, we didn't even get to see the peak of Nii Ten Ichi Ryu (he just started using real swords after the Yujiro fight)
If he stuck around he'd eventually have to be defeated by Yujiro and Itagaki probably doesn't want to unambiguously say his cast is stronger than the one "invincible under heaven" from Japanese history
During early threads on Dou we had anons saying this, that they would just send him to the afterlife non-violently - They were fucking right

>This is not a "victory". This is the departure of the world's strongest swordsman.
Baki as a series continually defines "victory" in ways that piss me off.

If you're going to solicit help here, try the scanlation threads as I doubt any translators lurk this particular manga's threads.

>I doubt any translators
I'm the translator. I'm guessing that you don't actively follow the series. We need everything else. Though, another translator would also be nice.

>try the scanlation threads
I do.

Really ? fucking realy ? Musahsi sould just dissapears ? This is insulting man. I hope the author receive the damage in the sales of this crap serie.

Can he see that we just want more baki vs Yujiro.

What for? This series is a disaster. Do something more worthwhile like picking up Caterpillar or Desert punk for example.

It is the Baki project, not the not-Baki project. Go away.

The Baki project ruined your life.

I am neither alive or dead. I exist to accomplish tasks.

So this arch was literally pointless?

I would really aprpeciate if the baki first serie finally gets a translation.

I just dont ave timne to watch all the anime episodes.

What a pure waste of time.

Musashi got Madara'd.
He couldn't figure out how to beat him so he just asspulled it.

I could help with typesetting. I'm really busy right now, so could I get some contact information so I can contact you later?

It's here.
desuarchive.org/a/thread/139829939/#139842314

Not reposting it again, as I get spam whenever I do.

based spaghettianon
I appreciate your work famalam

Okay. I'll contact you later today when I get the chance.

All that remains is for Retsu to get cloned and reincarnated and then we'll back to where we started.

Musashi will come back, I believe.
Retsu's death will not be in vain.

But what would be the point of doing that? The fun of bamboozling readers?
If his return to the afterlife is going to be bogus, he's just wasting chapters he could be advancing the story with

I ain't no pasta-spitting lizard; don't lump me in with them
by most contemporary interpretations, I'm from the south pole

As much as I hate to admit it, I wouldn't mind seeing other historical figures from other countries resurrected

What if they put Retsu's soul in Musashi's now empty body?

It would really surprise me if the jap fans aren't also upset at this ending.

>They taught Musashi that fights don't need to end with life being taken and could only defeat him by taking his life
Fixed.

What a shitshow. In the end, we never saw MM go all-out, what the hell.

>If he stuck around he'd eventually have to be defeated by Yujiro
Nope. Pickle never fought Yujiro, either.
Actually, the only people in the Baki cast who fought Yujiro were Baki, Doppo and Musashi (somewhat).

Also Hanayama, my bad.

>Wasnt the WHOLE fucking point of this ENTIRE SERIES that there are people trying to reach the highest point in strength? Wasnt it because they wanted to fight strong enemys? Wasnt it for the fucking FIGHT FOR FIGHTS SAKE?
>They pussy out of the battle?
If the other guy is actually trying to cut him apart, all thoughts of honor and strength quickly leave the modern warrior's heart.

I really don't think Itagaki got the education for that. Just look what he did with Musashi, arguably the most famous fighter form his own country.

Piss?

What's this about?

>Just look what he did with Musashi
A depiction which distinctively derives many of its primary characteristics from historical documents concerning the person in question?

>Grip the long sword with a rather floating feeling in your thumb and forefinger, with the middle finger neither tight nor slack, and with the last two fingers tight.
>It is difficult to move strong things by pushing directly, so you should "injure the corners". ... In single combat, it is easy to win once the enemy collapses. This happens when you injure the "corners" of his body, and this weakens him.
>To cut and slash are two different things. Cutting, whatever form of cutting it is, is decisive, with a resolute spirit. Slashing is nothing more than touching the enemy.
>When in a duel, you must forestall the enemy and attack when you have first recognised his school of strategy, perceived his quality and his strong and weak points.
>Adopt a stance with the head erect, neither hanging down, nor looking up, nor twisted. Your forehead and the space between your eyes should not be wrinkled. Do not roll your eyes nor allow them to blink, but slightly narrow them. With your features composed, keep the line of your nose straight with a feeling of slightly flaring your nostrils. Hold the line of the rear of the neck straight: instil vigour into your hairline, and in the same way from the shoulders down through your entire body. Lower both shoulders and, without the buttocks jutting out, put strength into your legs from the knees to the tops of your toes. Brace your abdomen so that you do not bend at the hips.
>Fright often occurs, caused by the unexpected. In large-scale strategy you can frighten the enemy not by what you present to their eyes, but by shouting, making a small force seem large, or by threatening them from the flank without warning. These things all frighten.

Et cetera. Any of this sound familiar?

>It is difficult to move strong things by pushing directly, so you should "injure the corners". ... In single combat, it is easy to win once the enemy collapses. This happens when you injure the "corners" of his body, and this weakens him.

>Can he see that we just want more baki vs Yujiro.
Speak for yourself, that fight already had a great finale.

>To cut and slash are two different things. Cutting, whatever form of cutting it is, is decisive, with a resolute spirit. Slashing is nothing more than touching the enemy.

>Fright often occurs, caused by the unexpected. In large-scale strategy you can frighten the enemy not by what you present to their eyes, but by shouting ...

>Et cetera. Any of this sound familiar?
Yes, but only because I read the Book of 5 Rings back when I was an edgy teenager. Itagaki's Musashi is just masturbation over... somethng, i'm not sure what it is.

>When in a duel, you must forestall the enemy and attack when you have first recognised his school of strategy, perceived his quality and his strong and weak points.

And so on.

Supernumerary teeth. Pretty clean though.

Jesus christ, those anatomy

so fucking bad

no need to be an ass about it

Everyone pisses themselves at least once in Baki.

I was jesting. I've demeaned maybe every group of humans in existence in similar ways in these threads over the years. Steel your heart, and soothe your soul.

Was chapter 148 ever translated?
I've been looking because I really want to know what Katsumi finds funny here.
Is it everyone's obsession with cutting increasingly more ridiculous objects like that with their hands?

mp

Is it me or the eyes in baki keep getting bigger and bigger as time goes on? i really hate it

I had an issue with it, because of two things: somebody said a line in it that was bizarre to me at the time and could have been read a couple different ways, and also I couldn't find a sensible way to translate the 'logic' of the chapter's understanding of "hikikomoru" - so, I just skipped it and posted a summary of what was said on DG, way back when it came out.

Katsumi is snickering at the fact that he, Doppo and Baki were supposed to go into solitude (to become hikikomori) in order to train. The cultural connotation of "hikikomoru", the root verb for the noun, is the idea that a person entirely stops leaving their home (or even a specific room in the home) and closes off from society. However, this is not the literal/absolute definition of "hikikomoru". They are in Doppo's big-ass HQ building's dojo, which Katsumi understands as not conforming to the idea of a "hikikomori". Doppo's pondering in the picture is him coming up with a bullshit justification. He says something about how one of the basic tenets of being a karateka is that the dojo is [a] home and therefore staying in the dojo is the same as staying in the home, so they are still adhering to the definition of the word.

Not very easily translatable.

I'm bumping my own thread because of the incessant spam. I have no tolerance for this sort of thing.

>filename isn't Pastalavista.jpg
You had one job user.

It just felt to me that we didn't see evidence of the supernatural skill Musashi supposedly had. A lot of his feats and fights were him simply reacting faster, striking harder, and being quicker than his opponent but there wasn't a whole lot of swordsmanship skill shown.

swordsmanship for itagaki is cutting things
remember that this manga comes from that demented man that itagaki is, the same who talks about prehistoric man from 40 million years ago that fought t-rexes and normal people bending 1 meter thick steel doors with ease

It's still better than ippo

DOPPO BEST BAKI

Oh I see, thanks for that, senpai.

Named mine after that, thank you.
I'm a Retsu boy, but he's a good man too.

katsumi looks pretty shit

He turned into some weid plastic iranian, who knows why. Katsumi is the guy on the cast who's appearance changes the most.

Not as shit as he looks here.
He looks like some indian guy, if it wasn't for his missing arm I wouldn't have recognized him.

We also failed

Retsu was the coolest guy.

>Died thinking about "Next time"

Jack awakening his demon back muscles beating baki and dying to yujiro when?

You guys have no standards if you read this series.

This is scary.

Speaking of Katsumi, I never saw it discussed here since I wasn't following Baki back when it was happening, but how was his character arc and the culmination versus Pickle received? For me he went zero to hero, which is exactly what Itagaki wanted to convey I guess. I disliked him acting like a dick but everything from the training with Retsu and Kaku to the battle against Pickle was perfect. It all left me with a strong impression, the chapter about his two mothers, the bullshit about the joints, Doppo stopping everyone from interfering, Katsumi looking at his destroyed arm pondering "what was I thinking" and finally him getting his shit together. 10/10 arc in my opinion. The only downside, if that counts, is that his character hasn't anywhere to go now and he kind of got shelved with the b and c-listers.

Thank goodness, every week I nervously read the new chapter with my headband dripping in sweat and one arm shakily holding my seppuku sword.

Now I can be at ease knowing Musashi is the greatest. Banzai!

Being a Jack fan is suffering
He'll never win the important fights

Meant to attach this.

He certainly redeemed himself, but yeah he'll never be a big boy again.