Ping Pong the Animation

I've just finished watching this and it's a fucking masterpiece. Do you guys like this show?

>Do you guys like this show?
Loved it. Easily became a top five favorite for me.

Same, maybe not top five but definitely top ten

Yeah, it's very good. I liked it better than Tatami Galaxy and Kaiba.

Probably the best show this decade

there's nothing as good as it since it was released.

This pretty much.

Ping Pong > Tatami Galaxy

You should lurk moar

My last 10/10

my favorite yuasa show for sure

Obligatory shitpost about the shit ending.

Yeah I really enjoyed it, I think this show made me open up that anime doesn't have to be this flashy Kimi no Wa visuals to be enjoyable and that a good story and characters will go a long way.

The ending was great

Overrated by hipsters. People only say it's good, but as you can tell from the thread, there's zero discussion because it's dumb people pretending to be smart.

Overrating Ping Pong >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> overrating Lain and Eva like all of you fags like to do. Checkmate

>Every anime I didn't enjoy is overrated by hipsters!!!!

As you said, it’s a masterpiece.

Ending was great.

>everyone else is pretending to be smart just because I don't understand something that is more deep than DBZ and Fairy Tail

overrated babbys first sports anime

Yeah, it's mostly universally loved here. Only contrarians will tell you otherwise

obbewated!

Name me 3 animes that are better in your opinion. If it's so overrated it should be easy.

read this thread and tell me it isnt

I've read the thread, and people hold the anime in high regards. Therefore, it's overrated, because people like it, right?

All three of those are shit though, babies first anime to become part of Sup Forums

People behave like apes in this place. I'm not sure why OP or any of the posters bothered to talk about a show they liked.

You get what you asked for now. Deal with angry shitposters.

I seriously have never seen a Ping Pong thread for years. Meanwhile there are 10 BNHA and other garbage threads a day. If it was a *random seasonal trash that people here like to discuss because this place is full of normies and plebs now* thread it would have 500 replies by now. Yeah, Ping Pong surely is overrated as fuck

none of the people watching bnha pretend it's a masterpiece, anime of the decade, etc

Great series. One of my top five, but for the people saying nothing as good has come out since, at least as far as adaptations go, Mob Psycho 100 is also nearly as perfect.

Ping Pong is a series I rewatch yearly and it's still great every time

So you're angry because people like things?

That's because it isn't. It's generic as all hell and even the fans know that. There's barely anything like Ping Pong out there, what it aimed to do it did phenomenally well, that's why it's held in such high regard. Why don't you watch it before bitching about people enjoying it?

I swear you are one of those people who post in 3x3 threads and have a 3x3 full of 1840s anime just to feel special. As for Ping Pong, we don't actually need to PRETEND. You should really watch the show by the way, I recommend it

My only problem with the ending is that I would’ve preferred it if Kong stayed in Japan in his new coaching role. I love his character arc, but his ending kinda defeated the purpose.

>Do you guys like this show?
Yes, it's almost as good as Takkyuu Musume.

I watched it as it aired
>There's barely anything like Ping Pong out there
stuff like this is why I called it babbys first sports anime

not at all
funny youd try to imply Im the pretentious when you're the one treating a simple seasonal adaption as the greatest thing since sliced bread

Do you have any idea what overrated means? Post counts aren't ratings.

Someone can like something without claiming it's the best of the decade. You're just shitposting at this point.

Perfect example of how overrated it is. You can't comprehend the idea of someone watching it and having any reaction other than "masterpiece, anime of the decade" and you equate that blind worship with "enjoying."

Does it even exist as an entity outside of the 3x3s of insecure neets that desperately try to use their consumption of unappealing experimental media as a way to feel intellectually superior to productive members of society?

>a simple seasonal adaption
Ping Pong is one of the most important shows to the whole industry you dumbfuck

how

What the fuck has this place become

>animation
>artstyle
>music
>clever narrative
>symbolism
Shit just don't reply to me anymore I beg of you, you are just a brainlet

This is why we can never have comfy Ping Pong threads, the amount of people clambering to try and call it garbage or "overrated" kill attempts at actually discussing the show.

That didn't answer my question. How do any of these things within the series make it "one of the most important shows to the whole industry"?

"Any community that gets its laugh by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they are in good company"
Apply this to the elitism and contrarianism of 2011-2016 Sup Forums

I like it but it's still overrated. Personally I think throwing around superlatives that just make you seem like pretentious pricks and leave no room for actual discussion of what people liked or disliked hurts more. And you could actually argue as to why this show is the greatest thing ever, but so far all I've heard is "omg contrarians this is why Sup Forums sucks".
And it's not like that's actually happening - look at this thread. A dozen posts without anyone saying anything negative and all "discussion" amounted to "it's the best thing ever".

haven´t watch it but can´t be better than Slam dunk and Ashita no joe.

It's underrated because weebs here never actually did any sports in their life, and also can't understand human emotions.

The only post trying to actually discuss it is and he's on the overrated team because he's pointing out how the plot sometimes shot itself in the foot while trying to tie up loose ends.

Kong did stay in Japan he was playing for Japan at the end.

Ping Pong is more of a psychological anime than a sports anime. Slam Dunk and Ashita no Joe are sports manga that are not as complex as Ping Pong and it's completely ok because they are old as fuck, especially AnJ

>Ping Pong is more of a psychological anime than a sports anime

Pfffff. Again, baby's first sports series. The prodigy struggling to live up to his potential, the has-been trying to reclaim his former glory, the wise coach, the talent vs hard work aspects - all ancient hats in the genre. But you watch them for the first time in a decently executed fashion and suddenly it's a "psychological anime", not a mere sports series. Top fucking kek.

Nice madoka reaction image, buddy! Now I know for sure that you are not a brainlet that deserves to die!
>baby's first sports series
Even if we take fucking Ashita no Joe or Slam Dunk that have been mentioned above, I've read them before watching Ping Pong

Well then I guess you're not new to the genre, but just an idiot trying to make grandiose statements.

Not really. It's a sports anime with most of the actual sport cut out. Which I think is a plus, because I find the worst part of sports anime is how long they drag on matches and build tension despite most matches being a foregone conclusion.

Eh, whatever you say. Why did you enter this thread again?

To stop people from being wrong on the internet of course.

Fair enough

>animes

fuck off

Have you seem a single post explaining why it's overated aside from "It's overated"? No? Yeah, I haven't either.
If you want to complain about other people or how the community is bad, look in the mirror first.

Pretentious drivel, like Tatami Galaxy.

There was nothing pretentious about it. It was a story about friendship.

Out of all the shit that Sup Forums pretends to like these 2 are actually great

>I've just finished watching this

Took you long enough

Calling this anime not better than everything released in the past 10 years is not an outlandish statement, it doesn't need particular evidence.
The opposite statement does.

I love it and it's one of the few shows I would recommend universally. I enjoy the weird art, the animation, and every character and subplot. However, I think that because it was so good at delivering its themes and tying up its loose ends, there is not much to discuss about it (aside from explaining things to brainlets).

you don't even know what pretentious means, you fucking pseud.

Better than VEG.

>there is not much to discuss about it (aside from explaining things to brainlets).
this

thanks for proving my point

Thanks for keeping the thread alive and since nothing that user has said is false I assume you are a fellow connoisseur of great stories, such as ping pong, upvoting his post.

>literary elite able to understand the complex nuances of reality through literary masterworks such as ching chong.
>can't understand a post replying to another