Did this movie kill ghost in the shell

Did this movie kill ghost in the shell

Literally not a single GITS thread

Arise did that even before this atrocity.

movie wasn't even that bad desu

Stand Alone Complex did because they realized there was no way it could be topped

GITS sucks it was dead anyway

It had some nice scenes but I really didn't care for how generic it was in the end. Thought it was pretty cool how it lead up to Batou losing his eyes but the movie itself is largely forgettable.

Actually, Arise killed it.

^these guys are too young thats why they think that manure in op "is not that bad" ^

Well it's better than the Netflix Death note movie at least

went in with low expectations cause i knew it wasnt going to follow the anime perfectly yet still let down cause it was so fucking boring. but hey at least the visuals look pretty

there was one that went way past the bump limit a few days ago.

there'll most likely be a third season announced this june apparently

are you by any chance mentally challenged?

It wasn't that great either. It just felt like a bunch of American sci-fi films cobbled together with some bright colors and gits spray painted over the top. Johanneson is a wet towel, Batou was okay, Kitano just sat in a chair and mumbled the whole time and the rest of section nine was horribly underutilized. The original story was just some boring revenge plot. The major's back story was much more interesting in SAC.
This movie is the very definition of playing it safe to appeal to a broad audience. The only thing I'll give it is it didn't have a bunch of social justice thrown in your face.

Scarlett Johansson was an absolutely terrible choice for the Major, mostly because she can't act for shit. Should have cast a charismatic unknown.

I just started watching, I finished the 1995 movie and S1 of SAC. What do I ignore/watch?

the biggest issue weren't any of the actors but the clusterfuck that was the story

Read the manga.

watch everything but arise, but if you're bored you can give that a shot too. The 1995 movie, both SAC seasons (and SSS) and Innocence are really good. Also yeah, read the manga, everything but MMI is really good.

She walked around like someone with brain problems. I think she was trying to look robotic but she just came off as mentally handicapped. And I couldn't take my eyes off her uncanny CG abs.
Just goes to show that even with infinite Hollywood money you can't top something that had actual artistic vision.

it commits the worst atrocity by just being ok

There is a lot of material to pull from in the GitS universe. But they must not have had much confidence in the source material because it just felt like a combination of old sci-fi films like Robocop, Blade Runner and Terminator rather than GitS.

>Nignog L

Aramaki's actor was the only salvageable thing in it.

Wait, SAC is getting a third season? Holy shit, I hope it's good. More Major is always nice.

batou was nice too. And again, i doubt even the other actors would've been much of a problem had the plot been decent and they didn't rape the themes they got from various iterations of the source material

Different user, I have only watched the movie and thought I should give SAC a shot since I liked the movie, but aside from the major being smug and cute it is pretty bad compared to the movie.I am 6 episodes in.

this is an absolute travesty and i refuse to watch it. and i knew it was going to turn out this way as soon as it was announced
bad enough they totally fucked up Resident Evil. they basically to a giant dump all over the entire RE franchise.
now they fuckin shit all over GiTS with this abormination. I cant believe Japan would even allow this.
Maybe it's time to start writing letters to the Emperor

I wonder if it'll still be Atsuko Tanaka. She's approaching sixty.

we know there is a new gits project since last year and while they haven't said what exactly it is yet the director has been toying with a third season of SAC on twitter since a year.

Also it seems like a solid choice. SAC was well recieved, arise wasn't and production IG apparently has more money than they can burn through no matter how hard they try.

and origa died like half a decade ago. I wonder if someone else can come up with an opening this comfy

Why is the Major such a feminist rug munch in SAC?

I like Kitano as much as everybody, but he was bad for the role and even if you consider the mess of a story seperate from the original, his characters was still shit. I have no idea how they got him on board, but I guess he likes trashy american movies since he was in a extremely shitty cyberpunk movie with Keanu Reeves in the 90s as well, with about the same character.

The RE movies enter funny bad territory though. This was just boring.

How tall is she?

Literally a midget

yeah, whoever wrote that version of aramaki was smoking crack. What did they even think when they came up with that ridiculous shootout or the ending scene where he shoots the one dimensional evil company boss?

No, was a great movie. Of course, not great as the original movie, but it's one of my favorites movies.

Are you one of the guys that excessively defended Edge of Tomorrow?

I don't think you know what the word Kino means

edge of tomorrow was a masterpiece compared to this abomination

He seemed like his performance was phoned in. He sat in a chair the whole time and swung a revolver around at the end.

kino [German] = cinema (the building)

That movie was fine.
I don't think it's as good as it could be, the original animated movie is still miles better, but it really delivers the cyberpunk and GITS vibes well.

Give me the Russian translation

a song by gruppa krovi?

Don't worry Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is still around.

No. Stand Alone Complex killed Ghost in the Shell. People are more familiar with the Major from the anime than the Mamoru Oshii flick. Before SAC, GITS was practically obscure.

Because she's a fucking bad ass that likes banging women?

No, I'm not. Actually I don't watch many movies. I know why you guys hates this movie, but I like it. I've read the manga and watched the original movie a hundred of times, but I like this version. It's just my opinion.

I do like her voice but I'm not going to watch an English dub just for her.

ARE YOU READY

The Major was a goddamn action hero's mind in the body of a Japanese Woman.

Gunnm is much less known than GitS so I don't think the shitposting will be bad.

Damn look at those scarred up reduced titties.

I don't really care about her little maid harem I'm more referring to how she says shit like he hates macho men because it's old fashioned or something like that.

Did you forget angelic Kuze?

Disgusting, when they would learn that 2D aesthetics cannot be replicated in 3DPD format?

The difference between Blade runner 2049 and gits, the former actually looked like a believable world in the futur , gits looked cartoony as fuck at times

2049 was also a movie only men could understand.

truth

It was so fucking good. i'm glad it won some awards

Deakins had been nominated 13 times before that so it was probably about time he won something

>title dropping in the first five minutes

Too busy being part of video games to care, I guess

Uguuuu.

Looks better than GitS honestly.