Can Evangelion truly be considered mecha?

Can Evangelion truly be considered mecha?

Yes

Its not mecha really. Its more like godzilla

Bio Soul Based Mechas yes.

Mecha are also kaiju stuff, Ultraman -> gekiganger -> gundam -> bustgunner -> Evagelion -> Blue Seed -> TTGL -> symphogears

Those are some big bandages, senpai.

And then there is this faggot who thinks King Kong is mecha.

Go ask /m/ and see the result

It doesn't matter if YOU consider it mecha or not

It's almost exactly Kiryu, being a biological base reanimated, restrained, operated by cybernetics. You can't tell me Mechagodzilla isn't mecha.

>symphogears
symphogears is far more Magical girl than Mecha

If it appeared in SRW then it's mecha.

Is a Eva an mecha?

Sympho is mecha musume along with Vividass and possibly even Strike Witches.

loose mecha, mostly soft sci-fi

A woman is a mecha because you go inside her and ride her

I've never seen NGE.
What things should I do to have the best experience while watching it for the first time? Any viewing-enhancing drug?

>What things should I do to have the best experience while watching it for the first time? Any viewing-enhancing drug?
Watch episodes 1 to 24, then stop and watch End of Evangelion, resume watching episodes 25 and 26.
I recommend sobriety your first time through, mostly because it is confusing enough the first viewing. i did rewatch EoE on ketamine once and it was incredible.
Oh and stay away from Rebuild, it ruins Evangelion

>Rebuild
I like the green parts they added to 01s abdomen but thats it

Nothing, EVA is fairly simple and straight forward.

evangelion is not trippy and drugs are out of place. It's not intellectual either. If you don't like the simple parts you won't like the meaning either

Eva is good and pretty simple, only americans thing it was a complicated shit.

It looks good because it's reused from the 1994 concepts. I think it's too much, but it's more area to light up and turn red.

Don't listen to that other fag. Series in order, then EoE. Airing order, always.

Read this AFTER you've watched it

Strike Witches isn't mecha.

Kiryu was literally a giant robot that used Godzilla's skeleton as scaffolding.
An evangelion is a living creature encased in a suit of armor, with its spine severed, and brain functions replaced by a huge dildo shoved into the base of it's neck.

>And then there is this faggot who thinks King Kong is mecha.

Would calling it Mecha make you feel differently about it?

Call it whatever you want user, I personally like to call it SHIT, a monument to shit people and shit memes.

>Any viewing-enhancing drug?
A functioning brain is all you need