Why dont they write their OWN damn letters? why dont they approve the letter BEFORE its sent?

why dont they write their OWN damn letters? why dont they approve the letter BEFORE its sent?

The implication is that literacy is not common in the setting, but I'm not sure if that's actually the case.

I'd explain it to you but you'd probably just speedread that too.

They provide ghostwriting services, so the client tells them what they want and they make it sound prettier. The whole approving thing was a plothole I give you that.

1. most of her clients are illiterate
2. those that aren't want someone with better writing skills than them to spice up the letter

To be honest, I don't know how the hell Violet went from a walking disaster when she first started to writing for a princess.

They are fucking PEASANTS

so, just conveniently, every letter recipient CAN read the letters, but the senders cannot? because otherwise why send a written letter?

Yeah, the show is pretty badly written.
It gets better but the first few episodes are rough.

>be illiterate
>hire ghost writer
>don't bother to have the writer read it over to you so you can confirm its contents
I'm not going to shit on the series incessantly but I really don't understand why it wouldn't occur to these people to check. You'd think they'd at least be curious about what's written.

Commoners aren't known for having a high IQ.
It's easy to shit on them when the modern world is literate.

I can read a language but not write it.
I can speak a language but not understand it in written form.
I can read a language but still not understand what it says.

Being just, in those times it was commom that the postman would READ the letter as well.

There's also a bustling industry of freelance readers

>1. most of her clients are illiterate
Actually only the first one in episode 1. The rest could read

Mah name is Vahlet. Vahlet Evuhgahden. People cawl me Vahlet Evuhgahden.

It's Baioretto Ebagaden des. She likes choccy milk

>I can read a language but not write it.

Do you have no hands? How can you know the characters and comprehend the meaning but not be able to reproduce them?

>I can speak a language but not understand it in written form.

This is valid, but not relevant.

I can read arabic but don't know how to form sentence properly due to proper schooling

They have a high enough IQ to bitch about it after the letter gets sent
They could bitch about it BEFORE that happens
ghost writers could just fucking read it aloud and explain what the client doesn't understand, that might help justify their salaries

Everyone has a high enough IQ to bitch about it after the damage is done desu.
This is what happens when retards trust Dolls too much.

Are you being stupid on purpose? That's exactly how it works, it only didn't happen with the whore woman Violet wrote the letter for and we already agreed on it being a plothole for the sake of forced drama

step it up then, stop quitting languages halfway through.

pls no bully