Koe no Katachi

Well, Sup Forums

It's better than Kimi no Na wa.
cried like a bitch/10

A glorified highlights reel of the manga. I have no idea how anyone who never read it could get anything out of it.

Also, A Silent Voice is a retarded localization

It was ok

Post Chex

It's great

/thread

True ending

I really wish I'd never read anything more than the one shot.

It is better but I didn't cry

Some people arent retards like yourself

Negative posts for Koe just seem to be people unhappy they can't find a girl like her.

>BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT MY WAIFU

>t. I don’t want to read a 60 chapter manga
Embarrassing

I don't want a GF like Shouko at all

And I have a fetish for deaf-mutes

One shot doesn't explore time skip part enough, and these parts were the sweetest. Though, it sure is a good one shot.

The Manga was great throughout volume 4, 5 dipped a little, and only 6 was kind of too quickly paced. Overall, very good.
The anime was just kind of meh. The one shot parts were really good, but the adult chapter were just fucked up and glossed over. Sahara, Yuzu, and the moms got fucked over.

There was so much I wanted to see, and so little was actually done. I was pissed, honestly.

>deaf 10/10 qt
>she wanted to be friends
>he could cuddle her and be nice
>this retard started bullying her for some reason even though he was old enough to not act like a stupid child
What was his fucking problem? And what was he doing after that like chasing her and doing stupid things? Couldn't he just make her his gf?

Give a reason why she's so shit?

I legitimately teared up watching the trailer. What will the movie do to me?

I miss the live TL threads

It's ok when Japan does it

You will cry like a little bitch.

>What was his fucking problem?
He was still an idiot kid, and she was weird, and the rest of the class (and even the teacher) was treating her poorly, and peer pressure is a hell of a drug.

>Couldn't he just make her his gf?
He hated himself and she hated herself and until they could both work through their issues that wasn't possible

See this image? This can essentially end the whole damn story right here. This is what the Italians of the old country would call The Thunderbolt, what you could consider in modern terms being hit by Cupids arrow. He loved her more than anything he could understand right here...but being a kid he did not understand what it was. The story is about his growth into understanding that love.

It's not that I greatly dislike her, I just don't care for manic depressives.

I'd rather have an upbeat genki deafie.

Now seriously what was the point of this? As far as I know Japan isn't into making gay transgender asian feminist niggers

There is a surprisingly large expat population of Japanese in South America

I think the point was to show how disfunctional his family really was.

This, Shouya always liked her. Aside from Sahara, he was the only one to take any earnest interest in her, and actually looked out for her.
When he told her to only pretend to sing, he was trying to protect her, knowing that the other kids would make fun of her. When he was bullying her, he was actually trying to provoke a reaction out of her; he was frustrated that she just took all the abuse.

In addition, he was getting positive feedback from all his friends, especially ueno who continued to bully Shouko after Shouya stopped, so he eventually got carried away.

He was just a confused boy.

Hard to find those user. Most I have met are either very bitter about how they are treated my the non deaf community are incredibly violent if you are NOT part of the deaf community.

Movie was great but I'm both sad and not surprised that they removed so much of the side characters' stories

God she is such a bitch. Fucking hated her throughout the whole movie. Want to fuck her bad

>especially ueno who continued to bully Shouko

Ueno was doing this because Shouko was competition. The ending of the manga was the best end you could do for this kind of story. Him taking her by the hand and entering the hall was telling all around them that he accepted her above any expectations they had for him OR their societies rules.

is Pedro going to blacked those milf?

Children are surely the most cruel beings in this world

What an absolute piece of shit she was, I can't believe they tried to paint her as sympathetic in the end

People actually thought this can complete with Coco for the Oscar. WeebFag are delusional af

It looked great, and the scenes they did adapt correctly were great. However, I'd argue the failure to adapt the manga correctly is a major mark against it. I was really hoping we'd get a 90 minute adaptation of the One-Shot, with a Thirteen episode anime adapting the rest. You could have done that easily.

I mean, how much energy did you waste on VEG, Kyoani? I'm very disappointed with the Movie. It was a complete disservice to my favorite Manga.

I teared up during Coco and I teared up during KnK, but I don't think Coco made me a better person

She was doing it for a number of reasons, jealousy was one-Ueno was jealous of Shouya's interest in Shouko, and for how Shouko, despite being deaf, was more articulate with her feelings. Another one was a sort of punishment; she was punishing Shouko for making Ishida a pariah, despite Ueno being part of the group who shunned him.

In fact, Ueno's entire character arc was growing to realize Shouya loved Shouko, and learning to accept that and letting him go.

Author is a woman and it was her self-insert. This is how the theory goes.
There is another theory, it was a joke.
I remember tearing up watching trailer of Disappearance, is Kyoani that good at making trailers?
Checked, agree with everything you said.

Which is why she's such a giant bitch in the movie, they cut everything about her crush on Ishida apart from at most 2 glances that could be generously considered longing..

I want a sister like Yuzuru.

too many characters with no real purpose
plotlines that are setup and go nowhere manga was the same, desu it's not that get everything it has to offer out of the oneshot

I burst into laughter when I first saw him. I'm glad he's there.

Every character who wasn't ShouxShou got shafted hard in the film. Yuzuru was the chief offender in my opinion. She was essentially the deuteragonist of the Manga, being the only character aside from Shouya to get several POV chapters, with one being as early as the third(?) chapter.
In the Manga, she was the one who was affected hardest by Granny dying, and the one from whose perspective, we saw Granny's influence on the household from. Meanwhile, in the film, there's like one scene of Shouko going to the doctor with her grandma.

All we saw in the film of her reacting to her Grandmother's death was her crying by the bridge. Then she went to the funeral and that was it.

I'm talking about how the film showed us how to be endeared to Grandma. In the Film, we get her taking Shouko to the doctor (focused on Shouko), where in the Manga, Grandma spends most of her time endearing herself to the audience through Yuzu, who is our POV character. The Anime, however, takes a more third person perspective.

Granted, Granny dies really abruptly in the manga as well, but she got posthumous attention in flashbacks

We had her talking to Yuzuru the night before she died. We could tell that she was the only one who bothered to understand Yuzuru, but we didn't see much of her interactions with the rest of the family and nothing about how they felt towards her aside from Shouko's mother crying at the funeral.

>She was essentially the deuteragonist of the Manga, being the only character aside from Shouya to get several POV chapters
Glad I am not the only one who noticed that, this makes it Shoya-Yuzuru story with Shoko as a foundation stone.

6/10. I had to pause a few times because I legit wants to punch the screen with how some of the characters react. Shits reminded me of the soap opera that I watched when I was a kid. To be honest, there is not much to talk about this movie for me. Maybe because I've seen this kind of reiteration so many times that the impact kind of diluted. Personal best moment in the movie is Shouko's mom dogeza. Production wise, it feels like watching a kyoani's usual TV series with a little bit of upgrade here and there.

Yeah, the point of the Manga was for everyone to be able to find their own "voices." Shouko isn't really a main character in that sense, she's like a driving force for all the characters, one way or another. She's a character who physically embodies the main theme of not being able to articulate your true feelings.
Shouya tries to get Shouko to stand up for herself by bullying her, because he can't come up with the words to tell her how he feels about her just accepting the humiliation.

Yuzuru takes pictures of the dead animals, because she can't articulate how she feels about Shouko expressing suicidal feelings.

The first half was well paced and generally pretty good. Then the second half happens and it becomes a bit too heavy-handed to the point where there's barely a scene without at least one character in tears and you start to wonder, "why am I watching this again?".

>the point of the Manga was for everyone to be able to find their own "voices."
Worked best for Miki, she is cute.

Why is it legal for someone so hot to be such a bitch?

>Never learns anything
>Never grows as a person
>Gets laid and forgiven
Jesus, Ooima